• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!! Crunchy Pink Onions...not Pink!

In summary, onions can turn pink when they come into contact with certain metals, but this reaction is harmless and does not affect the taste or safety of the onions. To prevent onions from turning pink, avoid using metal utensils or cookware. Yes, you can still eat pink onions and there are no health concerns. If you prefer white onions, you can try soaking them in cold water or lemon juice, but they may turn pink again if they come into contact with metal.
cttdbreeves
How many of you have made the Speedy Pulled Pork in th 29 Min Vol 2? I have a show tonight and am doing it...so, I practiced it on my family last night...and my Cruncy Pink Onions did NOT turn pink! My hubby thinks I should have used red onions...but that's not what the recipe says.

???????????????????????
Any help would be appreciated...my show is tonight! Not that this is an emergency...but I want to know what to say...LOL!

Thank you!

It's too late for your show but yeah, when I made them they were not pink either.

Hmmmm...wonder why that is? It doesn't say to use red onions...maybe I'll try next time with red onions and see if they turn pink????

Oh well, they were still good!

What causes onions to turn pink?

Onions can turn pink when they come into contact with certain metals, such as aluminum or copper. This reaction is harmless and does not affect the taste or safety of the onions.

How can I prevent my onions from turning pink?

To prevent onions from turning pink, avoid using metal utensils or cookware when cutting or cooking onions. Instead, use non-reactive materials such as stainless steel, plastic, or glass.

Can I still eat onions that have turned pink?

Yes, you can still eat onions that have turned pink. The color change is only a surface reaction and does not affect the taste or safety of the onions.

Are there any health concerns with eating pink onions?

No, there are no health concerns with eating pink onions. The color change is only a surface reaction and does not affect the nutritional value or safety of the onions.

How can I remove the pink color from my onions?

If you prefer to have white onions, you can try soaking them in cold water or lemon juice for a few minutes. This may help to remove some of the pink color. However, keep in mind that the onions may turn pink again if they come into contact with metal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
fruit76loop
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg