• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Chuck and Debbie Rebuild - Donations & Prayers Needed

In summary, the family down the street had their house burn down and they are in need of help. They have been given minimal household items and are asking for donations.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi everyone! There is a BIG NEED that I need your help with.

A family (Chuck and Debbie) down the street from us had their house burn about two weeks ago. EVERYTHING is gone. It's either been totally burned, or has smoke and water damage. They were just this week put into temporary housing. They were given MINIMAL household items. (Ex: 4 plates, 4 cups, 4 forks, etc.)

I am asking you all for two things:

First and foremost, to cover this family and this situation with your prayers. Our God is mighty, and will work in a powerful way in this family's life with our prayers. Pray for their emotional healing, for financial security, for the insurance company and construction companies to work quickly and to be generous with their estimates. God can restore them to more than what they ever thought possible. Let's lift them up in prayer for that to happen!

Secondly, I am asking for donations for them. To my Pampered Chef friends...if you have duplicates of items and you would like to donate them, that would be great. Also, if you have ANY household items that would help out this family, please do so. I can't imagine what they are facing. I am sure they need $$ to replace things we "stock up" on over time. Laundry soap, toilet paper and paper towels, etc. Blankets, blender, toaster, crock pot, the list is just endless. Please listen to your heart and see if you can help this family in any way.

Thanks soooo much! I know that you will all help out in whatever way you can!
:)
Kelly

Kelly,
what size clothing do they need? I am cleaning all closets this week

Kelly,

Did they have insurance? I know it takes time to process those things, but how much of what they lost will be covered by insurance? If they have the kind of coverage that is 100% replacement, they could replace all of their PC items through you and then put their benefits into adding more items to their kitchen. Just a thought.

I'll say a prayer for them Kelly. I hope they have good insurance.
I can imagine what they're going through......the day dh & I got married, his brother's house burned down---basically while we were saying our vows. We were just thankful that him & his family weren't home at the time.

I will keep them in my prayers. I know what they are going through. My In-laws had their house burn down a few years ago. The insurance process was grueling to get their money too.:mad:

How dreadfull, poor family. A PC fundraiser would be really great for this family Kelly. You might want to get your friends, family and neigbors together.

Kelly,

Do they have children? If so, do you know what size clothing they would need? I'm also in the process of cleaning out clothes.

These are all great ideas! I will speak to them about a fundraiser or about ordering the bulk of their kitchen in a bit. I guess I didn't want to come accross as "Hi, I sell PC, can you buy your stuff from me?" They are set on clothing items at this point. Just in need of other household items throughout the house...not just kitchen. I spoke to the DH today, and he said they have been given 6 weeks to ITEMIZE everything and hand over the list to the insurance. I am not sure if their coverage will replace everything at current value (which I hope it does) or how much they will get towards purchasing items. I also don't know if the insurance company is giving them any $$ "up front" in order to buy some things right now. Since I don't know them (just drive past their house daily) I didn't feel right asking too many personal questions, KWIM? I just really felt every time that I passed the house that I needed to stop. I stopped last Thursday, spoke with the DH, and then gave him a call back today, since he had mentioned that they would be put into a house or apartment by today. I figured by today, he may know more of what they were in need of.

Oh...their kids are grown, the youngest (DS) is 23 and finishing college and the older one (DD) is moved out on her own. Most of the children's belongings were out of the house. But, I am sure they need prayer as well, since many family belongings and pictures were all destroyed.

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Chuck and Debbie Rebuild" fundraiser?

The fundraiser is to help Chuck and Debbie, who were affected by a natural disaster, rebuild their home and their lives.

2. How can I donate to the "Help Chuck and Debbie Rebuild" fundraiser?

You can donate by visiting the fundraiser's website and clicking on the "Donate Now" button. You can also make a donation through a Pampered Chef party hosted by a consultant. All donations will go directly to Chuck and Debbie to support their rebuilding efforts.

3. Are donations tax-deductible?

Yes, all donations made to the "Help Chuck and Debbie Rebuild" fundraiser are tax-deductible. You will receive a receipt for your donation that you can use for tax purposes.

4. How else can I support Chuck and Debbie besides making a donation?

In addition to making a donation, you can also share the fundraiser's website on social media to help spread the word and raise awareness. You can also keep Chuck and Debbie in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

5. Will Pampered Chef be matching donations to the fundraiser?

At this time, Pampered Chef is not matching donations to the "Help Chuck and Debbie Rebuild" fundraiser. However, we are committed to supporting our consultants and their communities in times of need and encourage you to make a donation if you are able to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • crystalscookingnow