• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Changing Email to Outlook From Yahoo

I like that idea!That's why I don't list my email address on anything. . .just my website and phone number. They can send me a message through my website and that's an address I don't plan to change. Or, they can call. ...I like that idea!
pampered.chris
Gold Member
Does anyone know how to do this? My BF is trying to set it up for me but can't find where to get the Incoming Mail Server (POP3) address and the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) address.

Please help if you can!!

Why ever would you want to? Outlook? YUK. I use Thunderbird and I'm very pleased with it.If you're hooked up to yahoo through your ISP, like att.net or the like, it's all in your yahoo files. It's been awhile but I can go look at mine for you. (That's how I set up Thunderbird. I got tired of AT&T's *&^$%#! advertising.)

I work with Outlook during the day at my job, and was thinking it would be easier to manage my emails and my contacts through Outlook than through the yahoo set up. If it isn't, please let me know. I just thought it would make my life a bit easier.

What exactly is Thunderbird? I just looked it up online and saw that it is similar to Outlook but what is the cost?

Thunderbird, like its parent browser Firefox, is free.

Thunderbird isn't the solution because she already has Outlook.... The $19.99/yr charge is for POP access to Yahoo. (Or do you have a Yahoo-related ISP like SBC or AT&T?)The only other thing you can do is switch to an email account that offers free pop access (Gmail is a notable one).

PampChefJoy said:
Thunderbird isn't the solution because she already has Outlook.... The $19.99/yr charge is for POP access to Yahoo. (Or do you have a Yahoo-related ISP like SBC or AT&T?)

The only other thing you can do is switch to an email account that offers free pop access (Gmail is a notable one).

I guess I will stay with Yahoo for now. I just ordered new business cards, a new stamp and the labels from Merrill and got them a week or so ago. I will have to keep my yahoo and just deal.

Thanks Joy and KG for your help!!

pampered.chris said:
I guess I will stay with Yahoo for now. I just ordered new business cards, a new stamp and the labels from Merrill and got them a week or so ago. I will have to keep my yahoo and just deal.

Thanks Joy and KG for your help!!

But, can't you have an email address, but use it through Thunderbird?

(I'm a complete doofus with this stuff so sorry if this is a dumb question...)

My email address is [email protected] - but I can access it from the Comcast website and also in Thunderbird....Yahoo doesn't work that way?

Yahoo charges for POP access... the ability to download messages to a third-party software like Outlook or Thunderbird. Thunderbird just allows you to not pay for Outlook... it doesn't help if your email program doesn't allow POP downloads.

PampChefJoy said:
Yahoo charges for POP access... the ability to download messages to a third-party software like Outlook or Thunderbird. Thunderbird just allows you to not pay for Outlook... it doesn't help if your email program doesn't allow POP downloads.

Oh, I see - so Yahoo is only free if you are only using Yahoo to access your account.

Hmm, that's too bad. Although, I guess Comcast isn't really free - they get enough of my money for my internet service.:rolleyes:

That's why I use Gmail - because POP access is free, and because it's not tied to an ISP, so if I change my internet provider, I can still use the same email addresses.

PampChefJoy said:
That's why I use Gmail - because POP access is free, and because it's not tied to an ISP, so if I change my internet provider, I can still use the same email addresses.

I don't even think gmail existed when I got my email address.

I've often thought of changing it, but it's been on all of my info since I started w/ PC, and I am so afraid I'll lose contacts if I change!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've often thought of changing it, but it's been on all of my info since I started w/ PC, and I am so afraid I'll lose contacts if I change!

That's why I don't list my email address on anything. . .just my website and phone number. They can send me a message through my website and that's an address I don't plan to change. Or, they can call. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Why ever would you want to? Outlook? YUK. I use Thunderbird and I'm very pleased with it.

If you're hooked up to yahoo through your ISP, like att.net or the like, it's all in your yahoo files. It's been awhile but I can go look at mine for you. (That's how I set up Thunderbird. I got tired of AT&T's *&^$%#! advertising.)

OK, Kitchen Guy,

I use Outlook Express 6 and I kinda like it. and I use the Outlook version that came with Office Pro 2003 at work. I like the version at work better because it has a planner/scheduler (or whatever it's called, I can't remeber) where I can add a task and it will remind me on screen.

What are the advantages of Thunderbird? ...and Firefox? :confused:

thanks!

Related to Help Changing Email to Outlook From Yahoo

1. How do I add my Yahoo email account to Outlook?

To add your Yahoo email account to Outlook, open Outlook and go to the File tab. Then, click on "Add Account" and enter your Yahoo email address and password. Outlook will automatically configure the settings for your Yahoo account.

2. Can I use Outlook to access my Yahoo emails on multiple devices?

Yes, you can use Outlook to access your Yahoo emails on multiple devices. Simply add your Yahoo account to Outlook on each device and your emails will sync across all devices.

3. Will switching to Outlook from Yahoo affect my old emails?

No, switching to Outlook from Yahoo will not affect your old emails. All of your old emails will still be accessible and stored in your Yahoo account.

4. How do I import my Yahoo contacts into Outlook?

To import your Yahoo contacts into Outlook, first export your contacts from Yahoo as a CSV file. Then, in Outlook, go to the File tab and click on "Open & Export". Choose "Import/Export" and follow the prompts to import your Yahoo contacts from the CSV file.

5. Can I still use Yahoo Mail after switching to Outlook?

Yes, you can still use Yahoo Mail after switching to Outlook. However, it is recommended to use Outlook to access your Yahoo emails for a more organized and streamlined email experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies