• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help... Cauliflower and Carrots Recipes Needed

In summary, Chef suggests cooking cauliflower and carrots separately as they can not be eaten together. He provides a recipe for a baked cauliflower dish with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and a recipe for a glazed carrots dish with brown sugar, butter, orange peel, and salt.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I have to take Cauliflower and Carrots ... not together... for 12 to a dinner tomorrow night. I can choose how it's prepared. Any recipe ideas from you wonderful Cheffers?

I have done a cauliflower salad. You mix mayo and sugar for the dressing. Then add in grated cheese and bacon bits. Mix together and let sit over night. It is good tasting to me. You could also add raisins to it.

I done a baked cauliflower dish but I lost the recipe/

I would do honey glazed carrots. you could also steam the cauliflower in butter and water. I would Google some recipes!

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.

Brown Sugar Butter Glazed Carrots

2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (12 to 14 medium)
1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add carrots and, if desired, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
2. While carrots are cooking, heat brown sugar, butter, orange peel and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Be careful not to overcook or the mixture will taste scorched. Remove from heat.
3. Drain carrots. Stir carrots into brown sugar mixture. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently, until carrots are glazed and hot.

thechefofnorthbend said:

3 tablespoons olive oil

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
Bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.

mmm....Sounds good! I might have to try that tonight:)

Confetti Salad
I love this recipe know it's too late for your dinner but it amkes a great potluck dish cult everything in bite size pieces do not use food chopper you want it a little chunky.

1 bunch broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1 small jar sliced green olives drained
12 oz cubed cheese (I use co-jack cut with garnisher)
6 ribs celery
1 small red onion diced
DRESSING
1 pkg Hidden Valley Buttermilk dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 cup buttermilk
Mix and stir into veggies and cheese.refrigerate overnight
Teresa

I love adding mayo, mustard, and cheese to my steamed cauli and baking it- YUM! Pretty common recipe-sure you can google it! I don't measure! LOL

What size stone would you use?
thechefofnorthbend said:

3 tablespoons olive oil

DIRECTIONS

I only own stones for baking, is that temp. too hot? and what size would you use?

Related to Help... Cauliflower and Carrots Recipes Needed

1. How can I incorporate cauliflower and carrots into my meals?

Cauliflower and carrots can be added to a variety of dishes such as stir-fries, casseroles, soups, and salads. They can also be roasted, steamed, or grilled as a side dish.

2. What are some healthy recipes using cauliflower and carrots?

There are many healthy recipes that include cauliflower and carrots, such as cauliflower and carrot rice, roasted cauliflower and carrot hummus, or a cauliflower and carrot quinoa salad. These recipes are packed with nutrients and can be easily customized to fit dietary restrictions.

3. Can I use cauliflower and carrots in place of other ingredients?

Yes, cauliflower and carrots can be used as substitutes for other vegetables in recipes. For example, you can use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, or replace potatoes with cauliflower in a mashed potato dish. Carrots can also be used as a replacement for other root vegetables in recipes.

4. How do I prepare cauliflower and carrots?

Cauliflower and carrots should be washed and trimmed before use. For roasting, cut them into bite-sized pieces and toss with oil and seasonings. For steaming or boiling, cut them into smaller pieces to cook faster. For grilling, cut them into thick slices or use a grilling basket to prevent them from falling through the grates.

5. What are some creative ways to use cauliflower and carrots?

In addition to traditional cooking methods, cauliflower and carrots can also be used in creative ways such as making cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower buffalo wings, or carrot and cauliflower "steaks". They can also be used in smoothies, as a base for dips, or even in baked goods for added nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • rennea
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies