• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Asap!: Has Anyone Tried the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles?

In summary, the chocolate-banana phyllo bundles were a huge hit at the show. The guests loved making them, but warned that they can be a pain to work with. A suggestion was made to add peanut butter to the recipe, and another was to pipe in the peanut butter with an EAD.
jujubug
I am doing a show tomorrow night and have been asked to prepare the chocolate-banana phyllo bundles? I've never worked with phyllo before and am a little initimidated. I'm about to try them out in my kitchen tonight, but wanted to see if anyone out there had some advice or suggestions.

Comments...I've made them at home. Have all but 2 bundles pre-made, (along with the almonds,pre-toast them all). They can be a pain to deal with. :mad: When your trying to talk,stuff, & roll, you can't really concentrate on the guests. Also, a suggestion, unless you really like bananas, they aren't very tasty. :eek: (sorry PC!) I tried it with peanut butter, it tasted like PB/choc fudge. Much better! :p My family agreed. ---Or instead of bananas, use chopped nuts OR marshmellows. Sounds yummy! Just explore the possibilities without making it too rich in taste! Good luck!

LivinForHim24_7,
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for the advice and warning. I just got finished putting most of the bundles together. Yes, I can see why you said to have all but 2 put together. If I feel like I have time I may do a couple more at the show, we'll see. You should see the first one I did :eek: Thankfully, I pulled out my Season's Best and saw the preparation pics which helped a lot too.

<><

Guest HelpI just did these for a show last Thursday and everybody loved them as is. I made one in front of the guests then had them make the rest! They loved the fact that they got to make them (nobody had ever worked with phyllo dough before) and we even had the hosts daughter doing it (10 years old). Everybody did a great job and said they tasted great! i would do them again in a heartbeat. :D

CautionI love this recipe, but a little word of caution about the phyllo dough:
leave it in the fridge/freezer until you are ready to use it...it dries out pretty quickly and when it dries out, it gets all hard and crunchy and you can't roll with it. If you can't leave them in frindge/freezer until the last minute, then put a damp paper towel under and over them to keep them from drying out. It is VERY fragile dough, so be VERY careful!

Hope this helps

I made this recipe for my family one evening and none of us liked it. My 4-year old burst into tears and said, "I can't swallow it!" :) They are now a running joke in our family. I would just suggest to enyone who is thinking about making them to try them at home first.

can't swallow it?That's weird... was that just his/her way of saying he/she didn't like it? Or did they really have trouble swallowing it?! I ask because I can't think of why it would be difficult to swallow!

It wasn't impossible for him to swallow it, it just tasted so bad to him that he didn't want to!

ThanksThank you for all of your suggestions/advice. I went ahead and made most of them the night before the show (thanks LivinForHim). You should have seen my first one :eek: Then I actually looked at the pictures in Season's Best which helped A LOT! I got the hang of it and they looked pretty much like the picture. At the show, I got some of the guests to slice the bananas with the egg slicer and the host was the only one who wanted to put one together. They were quite tasty - I might try adding peanut butter which was suggested by LivinForHim.
Thanks again for all of your help. Yes, working with phyllo is quite intimidating. It is sooooo fragile.

jujubug,

Your very welcome! I like to help out when I can! :D Oh, if you decide to add peanut butter in the future, use a little more chocolate and about 1 Tbs. of PB. The PB can be overwhelming. :p

This recipe had never tempted me before, but adding peanut butter and losing the bananas makes it sound pretty yummy!! Do you pipe in the PB with the EAD? (Let me know ASAP. LOL, too many acronyms!!)

1. How do I make the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles?

To make the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles, you will need phyllo dough, melted chocolate, sliced bananas, and butter. Start by brushing melted butter on each sheet of phyllo dough and layering them on top of each other. Then, place a layer of sliced bananas on top and drizzle melted chocolate over the bananas. Roll up the phyllo dough to create a bundle and brush with more melted butter. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer for the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate all work well in this recipe. You can also mix and match different types of chocolate for a unique flavor.

3. How many servings does the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles recipe make?

The Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles recipe makes 8 servings. This can vary depending on the size of the phyllo dough sheets and how much filling you use in each bundle. You can easily adjust the recipe to make more or less servings.

4. Can I prepare the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles ahead of time. You can assemble the bundles and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking in the oven. You can also freeze the unbaked bundles for up to a month. Just thaw in the refrigerator before baking.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundles to customize the recipe to your liking. Some popular additions include chopped nuts, coconut flakes, or a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can also experiment with different types of fruit fillings, such as strawberries or raspberries, for a variation on the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kam