• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwich Help

In summary, Jenni showed us how easy it is to make brownies from scratch, and people were surprised how easy it was to make. She also showed us the new Dots platter and how it is loved by all. Lastly, Jenni sold 3 bowls of brownies and 4 or 5 wine stoppers.
redsoxgirl
I'm making these at a show tomorrow night, but I haven't had a chance to try them out at home first.

They look pretty easy, but I wanted to see if anyone had any tips or suggestions since tomorrow will be my first time making them.

They are VERY easy! The only thing I had trouble with was the icing drizzle and crushing the peppermints. I felt like it wasn't enough chocolate to drizzle, plus I'm not good with the whole bag, snip thing. I always screw it up. I'm much better with the decorator bottles. I also had a hard time crushing my peppermints! I couldn't figure out how to do it without tearing the bag they were in. They get so sharp when they break.

When I make peppermint bark at Christmas I always wrap the bag of mints with a paper towel. That way if it breaks through the bag its on the towel and not on my counter and I still get the peppermint. I save the dust to make peppermint cookies (sugar cookies with 1/4 peppermint dust). I just use my meat tenderizer or a rolling pin to beat the bag of mints. HTH

I was thinking about using the microplaner for the chocolate on top instead of melting it.

Good Tips!
I think I'd have trouble w/ the baggie snip too. And I don't want to have to clean out the Decorator Bottles either.

Make sure you watch them in the oven, very easy to over bake.

This is a great recipe - very yummy, cookies are nice and soft, and great for a show, quick but look so pretty.

Here's my advice! BTW, I made a double batch, which still worked fine in the batter bowl.

Wait a little before putting the top cookies on. My first batch, I did it straight away like it says, and they melted the mints too much so the top cookies started to slide off. My next batch I let them cool a tiny bit and had no problem, they were still warm enough to melt the chocolate so they would stick.

Also, I just watched the video, and they recommended spraying the scoop first, I'd never heard of that but I think it would help - my dough stuck enough to the scoop that they came out in ovals instead of circles, so I had to smoosh the dough/batter with my fingers to make them more circular.

And finally, my grocery store had the York patties and also a brand I'd never heard of, Pearson's mint patties. They were cheaper, and a bit smaller - a tiny bit smaller diameter and a bit thinner (which is good for this recipe in my opinion!) so you get more in a bag (approx 45 vs approx 24 based on the info on the bag (number per serving x servings per bag)). They were both 12oz bags. Anyway, the pearsons ones worked fine, and doing a side by side comparison right now (for YOUR benefit! :)) I can tell you that both brands are delicious!!

Last edited:
thanks for all the advice everyone!

AnnieBee said:
and doing a side by side comparison right now (for YOUR benefit! :)) I can tell you that both brands are delicious!!

Thanks for taking one for the team A ;)

Ok - so I made these last night and they were a hit!
People were surprised how easy it was to make brownies from scratch!

I used the Microplane to make it "snow" on the cookies and people "OOOO"d and "AAAHHH"d - it was too funny. It looked really nice, but there wasn't enough chocolate to make the cruched mint stick and it made a mess on the plate. Might work better if you did that on a cutting board or something and then transferred it to the platter.

I used the new Dots platter and they all loved it!

I showed the Bamboo bowl and sold 3 and also showed the Wine Stopper (even demo'd it) and sold 4 or 5!!

I personally would skip the crushed candies and sprinkle with Halloween themed sprinkles. To me the crushed peppermint looks like Christmas..

that's a great idea Jenni!!

Jenni said:
I personally would skip the crushed candies and sprinkle with Halloween themed sprinkles. To me the crushed peppermint looks like Christmas..
Yes, it does look like Christmas. Great idea to change up the sprinkles depending even on the theme. I am having an open house before the holidays and think I will give these to my guests as a little goodie bag when they leave. Wrapped up in cellophane bags with holiday ribbons.

I've been using multi-colored sprinkles for summer.

What is the recipe for Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches?

To make Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches, you will need 1 package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract, 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of confectioners' sugar, and 1/4 cup of crushed candy canes.

Can I use homemade cookie dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use homemade cookie dough instead of refrigerated dough. Just make sure to add in the all-purpose flour and peppermint extract as listed in the recipe.

How do I crush the candy canes for this recipe?

You can crush candy canes by placing them in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin to crush them into small pieces. Alternatively, you can use a food processor or blender to crush them.

Can I make these cookie sandwiches ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these cookie sandwiches ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for longer storage.

Can I use a different flavor instead of peppermint in this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different extract flavor instead of peppermint. Some options could be vanilla, almond, or even orange extract. Just keep in mind that the flavor will be different from the original recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • tlag1986
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • teachernikol