• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help a Bride-to-Be and Score Some Delicious Recipes at Our Host's Show!

In summary, a host who used to sell PC about 7 years ago is planning to get married in May but has moved her wedding date up to March due to her step-mother's terminal cancer. She still wants to purchase a new stainless cookware set from the consultant, who has convinced her to keep her show and offer guests the opportunity to make a donation towards the cookware set as a wedding gift. The consultant is still trying to figure out how to word this without being tacky. They have also decided on a budget-friendly recipe for the show. The consultant has suggested a few ideas for how to introduce the idea to guests without making the host feel uncomfortable. It has also been mentioned that the host can earn the cookware set for
ChefJeniLobdell
HI! I have a host that used to sell PC about 7 years ago. Really sweet gal and she loves our products.

She was going to cancel her show this weekend because life kind of through her a doozy. She planned on getting married in May and then just found out her step-mother who has breast cancer, now has cancer that has spread throghout her body and it is terminal. She has moved her wedding date up to the frirst week in March. This host really wants our new stainless cookware set. She planned on buying the cookware set, even if she didnt earn it for free, etc. The show was being cancelled because the wedding date has been moved up and now she needs all her time and money to plan for it.

I talked her into keeping her show, saying we can probably get her the cookware set for free. My idea is to put a gift box at the checkout table and let guests know she is interested in the cookware and if they wish to make a donation as a wedding gift to help her out to feel free.

To help her out financially I said I'd buy the ingredients for the demo.

First, how would you word it about the cookware so it doesnt sound tacky to the guests?

Second, I want to prepare a really yummy, but not expensive recipe for her.

Any ideas?

I'm making the Smashed Potato Soup this weekend, and it's very inexpensive! Hot Pizza Dip is another yummy and cheap one, or Touchdown Taco Dip.I'm stumped right now about the wording, though.

You could "accidently" leave something in your car that you need for checkout and ask the host to go get it for you. Then while she's gone you could mention quickly to the guest about her situation and your idea for the cookware. That way you can let them in on your idea without her knowing, or being there in the room which may make her feel uncomfortable. Then you could tell them if they would like to contribute to write the amount they would like to contribute in the top corner of thier order form and circle it. That way you don't even have to talk about it while they are checking out, making her feel like there may be something secretive going on. Just an idea!

She can actually earn if for 60% off with her host benefit this month.

According to wedding ettiquite it is not proper to "ask" for gifts. So I'm not sure there is a good way to say it without affending someone in the group. It's a great idea though.

I don't think it's proper for the bride to ask for gifts, but I don't think you asking on her behalf is rude. I mean that's really what the bridal party does when they send out the invites for the shower stating where she is registered. You would just be stating another opportunity, not asking directly for contributions.

I wanted to do the soup, but it is going to be warm down her this weekend. We actually had it set up as a Soup & Slipper show, but she wants something different to eat now. The Touchdown Taco dip and Pizza dip sound great.

I've made the Pizza dip before and love it.

I figured if we can get $300 in guest sales, then she can get the cookware at 50% off. Good idea on having her go outside and talking to the guests.

I think this is a great idea, and I have no problem with you even saying something in front of the host, What you could do is take a picture of the cookware and put it in a frame, decorate it up like a wedding gift, set it up on your table and say something like, "As you know (host name) will be getting married this March and has picked the cookware as one of her goals to have before she gets married" or something like that, the cheapest item is $48 I can see maybe one person purchasing that, but doubt about the others. It would even be a place for the to explain, how any host earns FREE products. I don't think this would be rude at all. If you can you might try and get her to hold the show till Feb, then she could get it for the 60% off as well.... just my two cents

I would find it weird if a consultant asked me to get something from her car to be honest.

Are you sending out the invites? You could add a quick note there to everyone.

Nope, she already sent them. The show is this Saturday. She called me the Tuesday night to cancel, then told me she would still have it. The main reason she was cancelling is because she doesnt have the money to buy the cookware herself. She is planning on approximately 12 guests. That means each guests would just need to put in $31.00 each for her to get the 12 piece set at 1/2 off.

Then each would just need to spend $25.00 each themselves to get her to $300 in guest sales to earn 1- 1/2 off item.

It can definitely be done. I just have to find the right way to present it to the guests for them to go for it, and it not to see rude on mine or the bride's part.

wadesgirl said:
She can actually earn if for 60% off with her host benefit this month.

According to wedding ettiquite it is not proper to "ask" for gifts. So I'm not sure there is a good way to say it without affending someone in the group. It's a great idea though.

The 60% off of any 2 items in the catalog is a February host special, not January.

1. What is a "Past Consultant as Host"?

A "Past Consultant as Host" is a special type of hosting arrangement where a former Pampered Chef consultant can host a party and earn host rewards, even though they are no longer actively selling Pampered Chef products.

2. How does the "Past Consultant as Host" program work?

The former consultant must first contact their Pampered Chef consultant or the company's customer care team to set up the party. They will then receive a unique party link to share with their guests. Any orders placed through this link will count towards the host rewards for the former consultant.

3. Can a "Past Consultant as Host" still earn free products and discounts?

Yes, the former consultant can still earn free products and discounts based on the total sales from their party, just like a regular host. The amount of rewards earned will depend on the total sales and can be used towards any Pampered Chef products.

4. Are there any requirements for a "Past Consultant as Host" party?

Yes, the party must have a minimum of $200 in sales to qualify for host rewards. Additionally, the former consultant must not have hosted a party within the last 12 months and must not be actively selling Pampered Chef products.

5. Can a "Past Consultant as Host" party be combined with other types of hosting arrangements?

Yes, a "Past Consultant as Host" party can be combined with other types of hosting arrangements, such as a virtual party or a catalog party. However, the former consultant can only receive host rewards from one party at a time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
Rosebud
Replies
Views
munkee41182
  • Denarella
  • Recipes and Tips