• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Held and Submitted -- How to Explain?

In summary, if a show is held and submitted in the same month (as long as it's within the same two week time frame), the show will count toward any current sales promo that Pampered Chef is offering in addition to the consultant's commission off the show.
sandilou
Silver Member
I have a consultant that just cannot get the whole held & submitted thing. It confuses her especailly when you have until the next month to submit a party but it doesn't count for incentives then. And then you throw in that we get paid for shows submited in each month no matter wen they were held and I can see her head start spinning. Does anyone have a chart or flyer or anything that makes this easy to understand. A picture is worth a thousand words! :D

Sandi

I don't have a photo, but sometimes just rephrasing can make all the difference. Try this ...

When you submit sales, you get commission. When you submit the sales as a show, you get commission. But, if you are able to hold it AND submit it in the same calendar month, then your show would also count toward any current sales promo that Pampered Chef is offering in addition to your commission off the show.

I just say "for the purpose of incentives only shows must be held and submitted in the same month" or "same two week time frame".

Tried all the usual ways of putting it -- she doesn't get it. She has a catalog party starting the end of November ending in December. I suggested she make it a December show and give the host December specials so se could count it as 1 of her December shows. I could hear this over the phone: :confused::confused::confused: It *is* kinda confusing. I might try to come up with a calendar-type picture but I thought someone might have done this already.

Thanks!
Sandi

Held = the day you were at the host's house to do the party, and the day you put into the Summary tab in P3 (you can probably show her where that is).

Submitted = the day you click through the finalize section in P3 and send the information to Home Office. This date also determines when you will get paid.

These two dates have to be in the same month for the show to qualify for any incentive (I'd just tell her that to avoid any complications with possible exceptions). I don't think I'd push the changing of dates thing too much. One, we're not supposed to do it, and two, if she has trouble with the idea, it'll just confuse her even more. You'd be better off encouraging her to book more shows for the beginning of the month.

Every month, just about, there is some type of incentive that PC will come out with. That's why shows have to be held that month and submitted by the end of it. Try to always submit a show the same month it is held.

Every now and then (for example, if you have a show held on the last day of the month), it's hard to get a host to be able to close her show that same night. So rather than stress everyone out, HO allows them to have until the 15th of the next month to get it closed and the consultant to submit it.

Regarding getting paid for shows: it doesn't matter when you held the show. You can't get paid until you submit something. So if you submit it the next month, then that is when you'll get paid. Again, it's the leniency of HO to let us have till the 15th of the following months. But it's not a great idea to tell hosts that they have that long, because it means you getting paid later than you'd like, and you'll miss out on the incentives.

NooraK said:
These two dates have to be in the same month for the show to qualify for any incentive (I'd just tell her that to avoid any complications with possible exceptions). I don't think I'd push the changing of dates thing too much. One, we're not supposed to do it, and two, if she has trouble with the idea, it'll just confuse her even more. You'd be better off encouraging her to book more shows for the beginning of the month.

For catalog shows, though, the date thing is just a technicality. What I mean is that people can start showing the catalog around and collect orders. The date the party is getting submitted could be the "show date". So even though she is starting her catalog show in November, it really is fine calling it a December show. (Just like if I have a cooking show scheduled for December 1st, I'm going to have my host tell people about it in November and start gathering orders.)

The thing to remember is that the monthly specials the host should be going by is the show date that will be entered into P3.

Hope that makes sense. :blushing:

Maybe she is a "visual" learner.
explain it with a calendar in front of you, an incentive flyer that has the "Held & submitted" fine print, and the host flyers with the close by the 15th fine print. Then use actual show dates from your calendar and hers.

What does "Held and Submitted" mean?

"Held and Submitted" is a status that indicates an order has been placed, but is currently being processed by the company. This means that the order has not been shipped yet.

How long does an order typically stay in the "Held and Submitted" status?

The length of time an order stays in the "Held and Submitted" status can vary, but it is typically a few days. This allows time for payment processing and inventory availability checks.

Why is my order "Held and Submitted" instead of being shipped immediately?

There are a few reasons why an order may be held and submitted instead of being shipped immediately. This could be due to inventory availability, payment processing, or other factors that require additional processing time.

Can I make changes to my order while it is in the "Held and Submitted" status?

Unfortunately, changes cannot be made to an order while it is in the "Held and Submitted" status. Once it has been processed and shipped, changes can no longer be made.

How will I know when my order has been shipped?

Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification with tracking information. You can also check the status of your order in your account on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hperschnick
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
chefbilyeu
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies