• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Cooking with Pampered Chef: Ideas for a Health Fair Booth

In summary, the health and wellness fair will have a Simple Additions square to demonstrate how plate size can affect the amount of food you put on, a 3-tier stand with fresh fruits and vegetables out and available, and theme shows focused on Power Cooking, Knife Skills, and Esoteric Vegetables and what to do with them.
JessShue
Hi,
I am going to be setting up a booth at a new gym that is opening in town and is having a "health fair" to promote itself and healthy living. There will be people from vitamin stores, physical therapy places, massage tables, etc. I thought it would be a neat way for me to promote the healthy aspects of cooking with Pampered Chef tools. The problem is, I just started a couple of months ago, and aside from the obvious benefits (non-stick cooking surface= less oil, etc), I am having some trouble coming up with health benefits. I also am going to cook some healthy food on site and was wondering if you knew of any healthy recipes (I don't yet have the "It's Good for You" cookbook). My director already gave me some really good ideas, but I was wondering if any of you out there had any neat or yummy ideas for me. I am also thinking of offering this as one of my personal theme shows in the future (since everyone wants to get rid of their "winter layer"!!!!!). Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks:confused:

I am doing a health and wellness fair this week. I plan on setting up some Simple Additions squares to demonstrate how plate size can affect the amount of food you put on; talk about Power Cooking and freezability of our stoneware (make a dish put it in the freezer= less trips for fast food). Also 3-tier SA stand to have fresh fruits and veggies out and available. Have some theme shows in mind to talk about, such as Power Cooking, Knife Skills, Esoteric Vegetables and what to do with them. OF course the cookware for the reason you listed. Correct items make cooking easier and faster. Prep bowls to have snack size things ready to go.

The new SB has some great light recipes, maybe have one of them available.

Robin

Esoteric Vegetables and what to do with them> Please explain..TIA

I would love to hear what everyone comes up with! I know what is important to me is the whole portion size ... And to focus on what is "easy to prepare." A fast way to prepare light food...

Health FairMy son organized a Health and Safety Fair for his Eagle Scout project and what a good idea this what of been. I was not selling PC at the time.:)

sillylittlechef said:
Esoteric Vegetables and what to do with them> Please explain..TIA

Vegetables we all see in the grocery but cannot pronounce, much less have any idea what to do with. Jicama, Chayote squash, Name, Boniato root, etc. I look up info and recipes online, then share it with them. These can introduce varitety into a diet, and since many of them are root veggies will introduce more fiber and filler- great for those on a diet.

Maybe "Off Beat Vegetables" is a better way to say it :)

Robin

Thanks for all the great ideas!!! I'll let you know how it goes.

As far as recipes go, the Fresh Tomato and Basil Bruschetta from the It's Good for You cookbook is absolutely amazing! Also, I've heard of people lining the stoneware with parchment, then putting in the ingredients, freezing it, then taking the parchment and food out of the stoneware and putting it in a freezer bag, so that you can continue to use your stoneware and still have stuff ready.

GourmetGirl said:
As far as recipes go, the Fresh Tomato and Basil Bruschetta from the It's Good for You cookbook is absolutely amazing! Also, I've heard of people lining the stoneware with parchment, then putting in the ingredients, freezing it, then taking the parchment and food out of the stoneware and putting it in a freezer bag, so that you can continue to use your stoneware and still have stuff ready.

Another thought, I know we don't offer foil but technically you could use foil in the stone too so when wrapping for freezer it would be easy. Like Lasagna in the 9x13 baker wouldn't fit in a bag too well.

Be sure to demonstrate the citrus peeler, vegetable peeler, etc. to use fresh produce...
ESPECIALLY, the mandolin to show them how easy it is to use FRESH cheese rather than processed, etc....
The kitchen shears to snip FRESH herbs..

Our seasonings are salt free, except for the rubs. That's a good health benefit.

OOOH, and don't forget the health benefits of losing the stress of your 9-5 job and PARTYING your way to success with The Pampered Chef!

That's a really good one, Kim! Love it!

1. What types of products should I bring to a health fair?

When selecting products to bring to a health fair, consider items that promote healthy eating habits and wellness. Some suggestions include vegetable slicers, food choppers, and smoothie makers. You can also bring cookbooks with healthy recipes and kitchen tools that make meal prep easier.

2. How can I make my Pampered Chef booth stand out at a health fair?

There are a few ways to make your booth stand out at a health fair. Consider offering cooking demonstrations or samples of healthy recipes using Pampered Chef products. You can also create eye-catching displays and use signage to showcase the benefits of using Pampered Chef products for a healthier lifestyle.

3. Are there any special promotions or discounts for health fair attendees?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to offer special promotions or discounts for health fair attendees. This can be a great way to attract more customers and increase sales. Be sure to check with your team leader or company guidelines for any specific rules or regulations regarding promotions.

4. Can I bring business cards or brochures to a health fair?

Yes, it is recommended to bring business cards and brochures to a health fair to provide attendees with more information about Pampered Chef and how they can purchase products. You can also include a link to your personal website or social media pages for interested customers to connect with you after the health fair.

5. How can I best engage with attendees at a health fair?

Engaging with attendees is key to a successful health fair. Some ways to do this include offering samples, asking open-ended questions about their cooking habits and health goals, and providing information about Pampered Chef products and their benefits. You can also encourage attendees to sign up for your email list or follow you on social media for future updates and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessShue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperednay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JackieB999
Replies