• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using toner refill kits?

In summary, the refills are a pain to do, but they are worth it if you print a lot. They last a while, and you don't have to worry about your printer going out of warranty if you use them.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Since Toner cartridges cost so much, I've been thinking about giving the refill kits a try. Anyone use them? Are they worth it? Will it screw-up my printer? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I've been wondering this myself. I'm anxious to see everyone's experiences with them.

My sister tried it and said it was a pain in the butt,took to long to do.

I always refill my black

I follow the directions and go slow. I wear plastic gloves - the ones for food service. I usually never have a problem, just as long as I pay attention.

I buy a generic brand at Wal-Mart for under $10. and I can refill at least 6 to 8 times.

I couldn't print as much as I do if I didn't use refills.

and don't forget to do what your printer wants you to do, sometimes (well most of the time) you will need to realign the cartiridge. so do what they tell you and you should be fine.

I have tried the color but it looks terrible, only once did it work. I will buy a new color one. sometimes you can find a generic one of those too.

One last thing

I have used the same cartirdge for the last two years

~

We got one on-line a few months back. It works great! Seems like we have to refill it more often than we had to buy one but who cares? The bottle is huge and has enough to last a few years. It was about $30 for everything. Not as messy as I would have thought.

Haven't tried color. My color ran out a year or more ago so I would have to get new ones before trying. Once the cartridge dries, the ink refill won't work. So, if you're thinking about it, buy the kit before you run out of ink....

i do mine all the time
black and colour-have separate cartridges for them

its simple the first time i was a little concerned but now its no big deal,
when i replace the cartridges i do a maintence cleaning on the printer

and yes wear gloves lol

good luck

Just be careful... if you have a new(er) printer that is still under warranty, using ink refills can void your warranty.

A few years ago, when I was working as a church secretary, I did this at the office. I found it to be a huge hassle. It's just not worth it to me. Everyone's different, though. You may be more patient than I am. :)

katie0128 said:
Just be careful... if you have a new(er) printer that is still under warranty, using ink refills can void your warranty.

Also...I found that when it gives you a warning that the ink is low, I just ignore it until it states a certain color is out! I have been getting way more from my ink by doing this....HTH;)

It seems like some people are thinking INK (inkjet printers), but the original question was about TONER (laser printers).I haven't looked for a toner refill kit, but if it works and is inexpensive, I'd be interested in responses, too. The toner cartridges for my printer are about $80 - although they last me about a year.

chefann said:
It seems like some people are thinking INK (inkjet printers), but the original question was about TONER (laser printers).

I haven't looked for a toner refill kit, but if it works and is inexpensive, I'd be interested in responses, too. The toner cartridges for my printer are about $80 - although they last me about a year.
Ann, You are correct (as usual! ;) )

I'm referring to Toner for laser printers. I have an HP 3055 All In One and the toner cartridges cost @ $70. They last me (and my son who loves to print his creations from various kid websites :rolleyes: ) @ 4 months. So, now that we have that straight.......anyone know anything about this?

My response is NOT about the toner but since INK is what some were thinking about.... I thought I would add that SOME Walgreens now offers to refill your ink cartridge for you. Drop it off in the photo lab and pick it up later. $10 for black..... $15 for color. They just had a promotion to refill it for free to let people know that it is now available, so they may have it on sale again soon. Who knows, but I thought I inject this information for anyone who wanted to know..

Now back to your previously asked toner question... (I can't answer anything about it, I don't have a laser printer)......

1. What is a toner refill kit?

A toner refill kit is a set of tools and materials used to refill the toner cartridge in your printer. It typically includes a bottle of toner powder, a funnel, and instructions for refilling the cartridge.

2. Can I use a toner refill kit on any printer?

No, toner refill kits are not universal and may only work with specific printer models. It is important to check the compatibility of the kit with your printer before purchasing.

3. How much money can I save by using a toner refill kit?

The amount of money saved by using a toner refill kit varies depending on the cost of the kit and the price of a new toner cartridge for your printer. However, on average, using a refill kit can save you up to 70% compared to buying a new cartridge.

4. Is refilling my toner cartridge with a refill kit messy?

Using a toner refill kit can be a messy process, but it can be easily managed by following the instructions carefully and working in a clean and well-ventilated area. We recommend wearing gloves and using a drop cloth or newspaper to protect your surfaces.

5. Are toner refill kits environmentally friendly?

Yes, using a toner refill kit is a more environmentally friendly option as it reduces the amount of plastic waste from discarded cartridges. It also uses less energy and resources to produce a refill kit compared to manufacturing a new toner cartridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish1953
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CarolynnLee
  • dannyzmom