• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Money on Ink Cartridges: Have You Tried Refilling Them?

In summary,Trish found a way to save on ink cartridges by taking them to Walgreen's. She got a black and a color cartridge for $10 each and the total cost was $27.
Trish1953
Silver Member
I just found a way to save a little on ink cartridges. I took my old Lexmark cartridges to Walgreen's. They have a new service where they will refill them for you (at the Photo Counter). It was $15 for a color cartridge and $10 for the black one. I got a black and a color one done and it was about $27.00, including tax. I had been getting new cartridges at Office Depot or Wal-Mart for $27-32 a piece. Lexmark is not the only brand they are able to refill.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

Wow never heard of that
Trish1953 said:
I just found a way to save a little on ink cartridges. I took my old Lexmark cartridges to Walgreen's. They have a new service where they will refill them for you (at the Photo Counter). It was $15 for a color cartridge and $10 for the black one. I got a black and a color one done and it was about $27.00, including tax. I had been getting new cartridges at Office Depot or Wal-Mart for $27-32 a piece. Lexmark is not the only brand they are able to refill.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

I will have to check into that. I will have to call to find out, it seems I am always buying ink cartridges and it's expensive. :eek:

Thanks for the tip, I will let you know if it worked out for me.

Debbie :D

Just called WalgreensAnd the manager told me that they do have that service. Only three in town but if it works that's great.
It's a flat rate fee as you stated $10 for black ink and $15 for color ink.

But the only thing he mentioned is that some ink cartridges are trickier than others. Some are made to be sabotaged so they only work one time by the company.
Mine read "single use only" but I am hoping I can still get it to work. I won't find out until I bring it in. They do a special check to make sure it will work.
If it does work that will definitely save lots of MONEY!!! :eek:

I am always printing things not just for PC but for my children's church class on Wednesday evening and homeschool activities for my kids.

Thanks for the tip, I will keep you posted on this. It's a grea idea!!

Debbie :D

Some OfficeMax stores offer this service, too.

My husband who is a computer techie says not to have the cartridges refilled. He says that if the person doesn't know what he/she is doing, the ink may really mess up your printer.

We get our cartridges at WorldClassInk.com. They have ink for just about any kind of printer and it usually costs about half of what you pay at Office Max or Best Buy or where ever. Shipping is very quick, too.

I am going to have to check into that!!!

amya said:
My husband who is a computer techie says not to have the cartridges refilled. He says that if the person doesn't know what he/she is doing, the ink may really mess up your printer.

I do agree that you have to be careful....and also be careful because some companies inks are different consistencies and such...

Try supermediastore.com That is where I get my ink from.

We have a brand new printer & there is a computer chip in it & if you use a cartridge more than once the warranty on the printer is void.....also I checked on worldclassink & its just as much as it is in the stores here...

1. How can I save money on ink cartridges for my printer?

There are a few ways you can save money on ink cartridges. First, consider purchasing generic or third-party cartridges instead of the brand name ones. These are often significantly cheaper and can still provide good quality prints. You can also try using refillable ink cartridges, where you can refill the ink yourself instead of buying new cartridges. Another option is to use a printer with separate ink cartridges for each color, so you only have to replace the colors that run out instead of the whole cartridge.

2. Can I recycle my old ink cartridges to save money?

Yes, many office supply stores and retailers offer recycling programs for ink cartridges. They often provide discounts or store credit for recycling your old cartridges, which can help you save money on future ink purchases. Check with your local stores to see if they offer this service.

3. Are there any subscription services for ink cartridges?

Yes, some companies offer subscription services for ink cartridges where you can sign up to receive regular deliveries of ink based on your printing needs. This can help you save money by getting bulk discounts and avoiding last-minute, expensive purchases of ink cartridges. Just be sure to monitor your ink usage to avoid overpaying for cartridges you don't need.

4. How can I make my ink cartridges last longer?

To make your ink cartridges last longer, try adjusting your printer's settings to use less ink. You can also print in draft mode, which uses less ink and is suitable for everyday printing needs. Additionally, avoid leaving your printer on for extended periods of time, as this can cause the ink to dry out and require more frequent replacements.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when buying ink cartridges?

One common mistake is buying the cheapest ink cartridges available. These may be lower quality and end up costing you more in the long run if they need to be replaced more frequently. Also, be cautious of buying ink cartridges from third-party sellers on online marketplaces, as these may be counterfeit or expired. Lastly, make sure you are purchasing the correct type of ink cartridge for your specific printer model to avoid wasting money on incompatible cartridges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Pampered-princess
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SummerG
  • DebPC