• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Kind of Printer Do You Have?

NOT out of the other colors!In summary, the conversation revolved around different printers and their ink options. Some participants shared their positive experiences with specific printers, such as the Canon Pixma, Dell All-In-One, HP PSC 1610, and HP PSC 2175. They also discussed where they purchased their ink, with some mentioning online options like Cartridge World and Dell, and others mentioning in-store options like Walgreens. The importance of separate ink cartridges for each color was also emphasized, as it allows for more cost-effective replacement when a specific color runs out. Overall, the conversation highlighted the desire for a printer with affordable ink options and additional features like scanning and copying.
lterman
So I have a Lexmark X2480 printer that came with my computer and I can ONLY buy the ink at Circuit City. I want to get a new printer so I can buy cheap discounted ink cartridges on the internet like I used to do with my old one.

What do you have? Where do you get your ink? How much do you pay for your ink?

I do a lot of printing so I want to get something that will save me money on ink, and I want with it a copier and scanner.

I have a Canon Pixma and LOVE IT!

I have started using my local Cartridge world rep. He is great and the price is great!
check out http://www.cartridgeworldusa.com/default.aspx to see if you have a rep near you.

FYI: I was VERY scared to try refilled ink after a bad home refil experience. They are very reputible (sp?) and I felt more confident after he explained how they work.

I have the Dell printer that came free with my laptop. It never used to bother me until I started printing my postcards and printing address labels. It doesn't line up the same every time and it's very irritating. I'm not going to buy a new one, though because I would only be buying a new one because of my business. I'm trying to make money, here. When I start making a bigger profit, I'll buy a better printer.

I have a Dell All-In-One (printer, scanner, copier, fax) that I earned from PC years ago :) When I found out I could only get my ink by ordering online from Dell I was TICKED off!!! But found that the cartridges were the same price as what I had been buying...shipping is free if you choose 3-5 day delivery and it ALWAYS arrives in 2 days (or less...couple of times it came the next day)! Turns out it's easier than when I had to go to the store to buy it. Saves time and gas. I can go weeks beyond "you are below minimum levels" so plenty of time to re-order.

Walgreens or some store like that is offering ink refills pretty cheap. Might look into that as an option.

I have an HP PSC 1610 All-in-One. I LOVE it! I got it a little over a year ago. I think I paid about $100 for it. I had a Lexmark before, but this one is so much better! It has the card slots in front for memory cards too so you can print pictures w/o using the computer. You can make copies w/o the computer as well. I do go through cartridges fast though, they aren't as big as the Lexmark ones.

I have a HP PSC 2175 and I love it. I get the ink refill using our Office Max discount and it costs $15. I get 3-4 refills out of it. I haven't tried the color refill kits yet.

I have an HP LaserJet 1020 at my full time job and other than the ink lasting a lot longer I don't really care for it. It doesn't print straight all the time, no matter how hard I try.

I have an HP Laser Color 2605dn. It does double sided and nice crisp printing! The only thing I wish I had added was another paper tray so I could just keep it filled with PP receipts. I can add it, but it is more expensive than it would have been had I added it during the original order.LOVE IT!

I have a Canon IP6700 and love it!

I HIGHLY recommend buying a printer with separate ink cartridges for all the colors!

Then if you run out of yellow, you just buy yellow instead of having to replace the whole thing when you are NOT out of the other colors!

A bit more expensive to buy, but you will be happier with the $$ in the long run!

mzwizard said:

I HIGHLY recommend buying a printer with separate ink cartridges for all the colors!

Then if you run out of yellow, you just buy yellow instead of having to replace the whole thing when you are NOT out of the other colors!

A bit more expensive to buy, but you will be happier with the $$ in the long run!
I've never even heard of that. It must be quite a big printer. I don't print multiple copies of colored copies. I take them to the UPS store where color copies cost 39 cents.

mzwizard said:

My friend has a printer like this but has a lot of trouble with the ink clogging and not printing properly. It may not be a canon, but I know she is constantly cleaning the heads and complaining about it. She does save $$ by buying individual colors, but in my opinion doesn't save much b/c of the time she has to put into it.

mzwizard said:

Me too!! I have a HP Photosmart C6180 All in one. I LOVE IT!! I purchase seperate color inks as well. It's great if you print pics, because skin color tends to use up alot of yellow ink, so instead of having to throw away a color cartridge cause only 1 color is out, you just replace 1 color! It's a little expensive to purchase the inks at first, but like mzwizard said, you'll save $$ in the long run!! BTW, I've never had a clogging problem with my inks!!

We had a Dell printer. In fact we STILL have it, but only the kids use it at the moment, and I've told them that once we get rid of the Dell computer in February and the household goes COMPLETELY Mac (huzzah!) that they can take a hammer to it. And the Dell computer too. They're really looking forward to that. Not only would the Dell printer not work with the Macs in the house, but being FORCED to use only their proprietary ink is horrible! So we recently bought an HP C4150 printer. The ink is cheaper, I can get it anywhere, AND it has 4 different types of card readers built in. The printing quality is excellent.

I have an HP 3 in one 2110. I have had it over 4 years and it has been a workhorse for me. I can stretch the black ink pretty far but have issues with the color. I go thru lots of blue and red so the yellow section is usually still half full .
If I could go out and buy a new one today it would have Print, copy, scanner & fax.
Seperate cartridges for colored inks.
Wireless capability (to print wirelessly from my laptop)
memory card slots

thats my .02$

cmdtrgd said:
I have an HP Laser Color 2605dn. It does double sided and nice crisp printing! The only thing I wish I had added was another paper tray so I could just keep it filled with PP receipts. I can add it, but it is more expensive than it would have been had I added it during the original order.

LOVE IT!

I just got this (3 weeks ago) and I love it! The quality of the printing is great.

Have you done postcards or business cards? I haven't looked at the literature. Can you use card stock?

I have a Brother (like the sewing machine co) and really like it. It's got a copier/scanner/fax too. It's this one. http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/modeldetail.aspx?PRODUCTID=MFC440CN

I really like that I have separate cartridges for each color. It makes it much easier to replace just the ones that I need & I don't waste as much.

Everything is sharp & lines up every time that I use it. :)

1. What brand of printer do you have?

We have a variety of printer brands available at Pampered Chef, including HP, Canon, Epson, and Brother. Our selection may vary depending on current stock and availability.

2. Is it a laser or inkjet printer?

Our printers are primarily inkjet printers, as they provide high-quality printing for our recipe cards and catalogs. However, we also have some laser printers available for specific printing needs.

3. Does the printer have wireless capabilities?

Yes, many of our printers have wireless capabilities, making it easy to print from your computer or mobile device without needing to connect any cords or cables.

4. Can I print in color or just black and white?

Our printers have the ability to print in both color and black and white. This allows for vibrant, eye-catching prints of our recipe cards, as well as more cost-effective black and white printing for documents.

5. How often do you replace or upgrade your printers?

We regularly update and upgrade our printers to ensure we are using the most efficient and high-quality equipment available. Our printers are replaced every 3-5 years, depending on usage and advancements in technology.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jrny2001
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heather223
  • Tracy99