• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Advertising in HomePages Legitimate?

The salesperson said that your ad would have to contain the word "independent" and your consultant number.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
Just had a gal come to my door offering me the opportunity to advertise in something called HomePages. The advertisement would be the information from my business card. According to the salesperson, it is a local publication (targets individual communities -- in this case my city) that is basically a tiny phone-book. Off the top of your heads, does this sound "legal"? She says that they've had other P-Chef Consultants participate in other communities (but that REALLY doesn't assure me that it would be kosher). She did mention that my ad would have to contain the word "independent" and my consultant number. This made me think that she MIGHT know what she's talking about.I'll have to do a little policy digging but thought I'd come here first.Thanks!

Last edited:
I've not heard of it, but even if other PC consultants were listed, doesn't mean THEY were allowed to by PC regulations. Internet advertising is internet advertising in my book. It's out there on the WWW. I don't think they can limit access without requiring membership, etc. The FB/Linked In exceptions are the only type that can be used online.Just my two-cents though. :D

There are specifics in the PG about phone book and yellow pages listings. Also, you'd want to find out if they would also post your ad online, and if so determine whether that portion is allowable by the PG.

esavvymom said:
I've not heard of it, but even if other PC consultants were listed, doesn't mean THEY were allowed to by PC regulations. Internet advertising is internet advertising in my book. It's out there on the WWW. I don't think they can limit access without requiring membership, etc. The FB/Linked In exceptions are the only type that can be used online.

Just my two-cents though. :D

FYI. This is not internet advertising.

The policy guide allows Execs & above to advertise in local phone books as long as they follow the guideline for how their ad reads. Lower levels are not allowed to advertise in the phone book.

Question: What is a homepage?

A homepage is the main or initial page of a website that serves as an entry point for users to access the content of the site. It typically includes a navigation menu, links to other pages, and important information about the website or its owner.

Question: Why are homepages important?

Homepages are important because they provide a first impression of a website and can influence a user's decision to continue browsing. They also serve as a central hub for users to access important information and navigate to other pages on the site.

Question: How can I create a homepage?

There are various ways to create a homepage, depending on your technical skills and resources. You can use website builders, content management systems, or code your own page using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. It's also important to consider the design, content, and user experience when creating a homepage.

Question: What should a homepage include?

A homepage should include a clear and concise description or tagline of the website's purpose, a visually appealing design, easy navigation, links to important pages, and relevant content that engages and informs users.

Question: Can I customize my homepage?

Yes, you can customize your homepage to fit your brand or personal style. You can change the layout, colors, fonts, images, and content to make it unique and stand out from other websites. Just make sure to maintain a clean and organized design for a better user experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedtara
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • baychef