• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Y'all Made the Brownie Pudding Cake?

In summary, the recipe calls for pouring the mixture evenly over the batter in the Baker, but it was like pouring chocolate water over the brownie mix--there's no way around it. The first time I made it, the brownie part was fine, but the second step where you make the "pudding?" was a disaster. The recipe says to "carefully pour mixture evenly over batter in Baker," but it was like pouring chocolate water over it--there's really no way around it. The taste was okay, but I don't think I'll do it at a show just yet. The recipe for the molten chocolate skillet brownie (from the Fall 2005 SB) uses
KimmyDarling
I'm trying this recipe for the first time.

I just put it in the oven, and I'm really wondering if it's going to be edible, let alone GOOD!

The "brownie" part seems fine. Nothing odd about it. But the second step, where you make the "pudding?" The recipe says to "carefully pour mixture evenly over batter in Baker." Um... it was like pouring chocolate water over it-- there's really no way around pouring it EVENLY!

I sure hope it comes out! I'm fearing a decent brownie, sitting in a pool of brown soup.:eek:

Will keep you posted.

xoxokd

It'll be good - promise! It does look like chocolate water when you pour it over the brownie mix (reminds me of the chocolate river in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!)

Diane,That's EXACTLY what it looked like!!!!I just peeked in, and it's bubbling on the sides-- looks much more syrupy and opaque. With your words and the looks of it, I'm feeling more optimistic. Thank you!

No problem - now if I could just get my regular ol' brownies to turn out (I have a thread going on that one!). Eat some for me, would you? It's so good when it's warm and still bubbly!

I'm rootin' for ya with your brownie sitch, Diane... sending you the Brownie Juju.Just took mine out-- they're cooling right now. I can't wait to taste them. If they're good, I might do them at a show this week!

Okay, tried the cake. It definitely got that pudding consistency, which was a really pleasant surprise!The taste was okay, but I don't think I'll do it at a show just yet.

Have you tried the molten chocolate skillet brownie (from the Fall 2005 SB)? It uses fudge ice cream topping rather than pudding. I personally like that one better, although I do like the one you made, too - the skillet one is more chocolaty (to me, one can NEVER have enough chocolate!) You can make that in the baker, too, if you don't have the skillet.

You know, I've always ignored the skillet brownie, since I don't own the skillet, but it makes sense that you'd be able to do it in the baker. I might have to try it sometime!

Do try it. I've made these at shows and I have it baking as people come in. Oh so good.

This may help with my brownie dilemma. Maybe I should skip the stoneware and just bake them in my cookware!!

KimmyDarling said:
I'm trying this recipe for the first time.

I just put it in the oven, and I'm really wondering if it's going to be edible, let alone GOOD!

The "brownie" part seems fine. Nothing odd about it. But the second step, where you make the "pudding?" The recipe says to "carefully pour mixture evenly over batter in Baker." Um... it was like pouring chocolate water over it-- there's really no way around pouring it EVENLY!

I sure hope it comes out! I'm fearing a decent brownie, sitting in a pool of brown soup.:eek:

Will keep you posted.

xoxokd

The first time I made it I just knew it would be a flop. Why pour water over this wonderful looking brownie? Boy was I surprised when it was done! Yum-O (as Rachel Ray would say).

There's a lemon cake in one of the cookbooks (I think It's Good For You) that works on the same principle. It's a can of blueberry pie filling in the bottom of the Rectangular Baker, then lemon cake batter, then lemon gelatin with a little bit of lemon zest in it. The gelatin works its way through the cake and makes a great sauce with the blueberries.

I'm making this for my show tonight. I made it for the first time last week...yum-o:) My older daughter & I loved it; dh & younger daughter thought it was 'too chocolately'....is there such a thing?!

lacychef said:
dh & younger daughter thought it was 'too chocolately'....is there such a thing?!
Not in my book! :D

chefann said:
Me neither, so there was more left-over for me:p

I just had that recipe Friday night at a show with ice cream and the host didn't follow the instructions and screwed up the prep but we told her to put it in anyway because it kind of melds together and it turned out just fine! (I think I OD'd on chocolate that night!!!!)

chefann said:

You haven't met my husband! I LOVE chocolate but not in his doses. He takes a 32 oz. cup, fills it almost half full of Nestle Quik and then adds chocolate milk. I call it Chocolate Bunny Sludge. I've had a sip or two here and there when dying of thirst but that's all I can take of it! :eek:

Mmmm chunky Nestle Quik milk!! (of course the powder kind, not a huge fan of syrups)

Too chocolaty. Hmm. Too chocolaty? Does that mean something different in your language, because those words don't go together in English.

raebates said:
Too chocolaty. Hmm. Too chocolaty? Does that mean something different in your language, because those words don't go together in English.
HA!! That's Funny:D

jenniferknapp said:
Mmmm chunky Nestle Quik milk!! (of course the powder kind, not a huge fan of syrups)

Of course, only the powder...I buy the large cans at Sam's Club when I get to one and of course they are gone before I know what happened!

janetupnorth said:
I just had that recipe Friday night at a show with ice cream and the host didn't follow the instructions and screwed up the prep but we told her to put it in anyway because it kind of melds together and it turned out just fine! (I think I OD'd on chocolate that night!!!!)
Kind of related to that... I made the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart at a show Thursday and forgot to add the corn syrup and vanilla to the filling. It was still good, just not as chewy as it was supposed to be. But I got to use my line: It's dessert, not rocket science!

Related to Have Y'all Made the Brownie Pudding Cake?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Brownie Pudding Cake?

You will need a box of brownie mix, eggs, oil, water, and a package of instant chocolate pudding mix.

2. Can I use a different type of pudding mix?

Yes, you can use any flavor of instant pudding mix that you prefer. However, the chocolate flavor complements the brownie mix well.

3. How long does it take to make the Brownie Pudding Cake?

The prep time for the Brownie Pudding Cake is about 10 minutes, and the baking time is approximately 35 minutes. So, in total, it takes about 45 minutes to make.

4. Do I need to grease the pan before pouring in the batter?

Yes, it is recommended to grease the pan before pouring in the batter to prevent sticking. You can use cooking spray or butter for greasing the pan.

5. Can I add any toppings to the Brownie Pudding Cake?

Yes, you can add toppings such as chocolate chips, nuts, or a drizzle of caramel sauce before baking. You can also top it with whipped cream or ice cream after it has finished baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies