• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have the Recipe for the Delicious Pb Brittle Demo at the Conference?

In summary, the recipe for peanut brittle was shown at a demo and my director made some. My FIL loved it and I'm thinking it may make a good stocking stuffer for him for Christmas. Anyone help here would be greatly appreciated.
ragschef
I am wondering if any of you directors who attended the demo for the peanut brittle would have the recipe on hand that was shown there. My director made some (she doesnt seem to want to share the recipe) and my FIL LOVED it. I'm thinking it may make a good stocking stuffer for him for Christmas.... Any help here would be greatly appreciated....

I think it is on the use and care card you get with the Pastry mat!! I will go look!

thanks!! I got it! who knew???

For everyone else...

Peanut Brittle
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon baking soda

Directions:
1. Combine sugar and corn syrup in (3-qt.) Saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Do not stir. Boil mixture 16-18 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 325°F (mixture will turn a golden color). Carefully stir in butter and peanuts; return mixture to a boil. Stir in vanilla; remove from heat.

2. Stir in baking soda (mixture will foam up dramatically); immediately pour peanut brittle onto one side of Pastry Mat. Fold opposite side of mat over like a book to cover brittle. Working quickly, use Baker's Roller® to press brittle into a thin even layer (brittle will harden quickly). Cool completely; remove from mat and break into pieces. Store brittle at room temperature in an airtight container.

Yield: 24 servings

OH yummy and delicious!

I've had it with pecans in it instead of peanuts and .... oh..... yummmmmmmm........

Glad you found it!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm........

Does light corn syrup go bad? I have some that has never been opened, but I think it's from 3 years ago...

where do you find "unsalted roasted peanuts" - just in the regular nut section at the store? I have always used raw peanuts when I have made it before PC days.

how sad that your director wouldn't share a PC recipe with you.

I think you can get the unsalted roasted peanuts with the other peanuts at the grocery store.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten that they had made PB at conference.

If you can't find the unslated roasted nuts ni the regular grocery store, try Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or something like that. They'll definitely have them!

This sounds really good.
Do you think you could make it in Parchment Paper? I don't have the Mat.

I don't think I would do it on parchment paper - I think it would be much too hot.

when we make PB at our church we use aluminum pans...the small ones. We spray them with butter flavored Pam...or something similar...and then when it cools you pop it out. The aluminum bends so it is not hard.

How long will the PB stay fresh? I want to make some for Christmas (with pecans!).

Thanks!

Can you use salted nuts? I am so loving sweet and salty right now...I just didn't want to ruin an entire batch if the salt would do something to how it sets up or something!

pampchefrhondab said:
How long will the PB stay fresh? I want to make some for Christmas (with pecans!).

Thanks!
I did some digging and found that it will keep for WEEKS in an airtight container. Start cooking!

KellyTheChef said:
I did some digging and found that it will keep for WEEKS in an airtight container. Start cooking!

You rock Kelly - Thank You:thumbup: ! I think I'll make a batch tomorrow!

Now the question is will it last in my house until Christmas!:D With my husband probably not!! He loves anything w/nuts!

ragschef said:
I've had it with pecans in it instead of peanuts and .... oh..... yummmmmmmm........
I went to a food show and a vendor served Pistachio Brittle - it was AWESOME! I found some shelled pistachios that are a lot less salty than the shelled ones so I may try that. I'll let you know...

ragschef said:
I am wondering if any of you directors who attended the demo for the peanut brittle would have the recipe on hand that was shown there. My director made some (she doesnt seem to want to share the recipe) and my FIL LOVED it. I'm thinking it may make a good stocking stuffer for him for Christmas.... Any help here would be greatly appreciated....
I think the demo on the fall/winter cd, has got all the ingredients and obviously how to make it too.
I'm sorry ragschef that your director doesn't seem to want to share. I am absolutely baffled by some of the things I've heard on here about some of the directors out there!:yuck: :grumpy: :thumbdown:
I thought that PC was suppossed to be about helping others, regardless it's sharing knowledge or a recipe or training your team. So this is just terrible to me!:eek:

Has anyone made this and it burnt?

I just did....it was smoking slightly way before it even got close to 300 degrees...it did NOT want to smooth out using the fold over mat/bakers roller method. Yeesh! I wanted to use this recipe as opposed to a microwave recipe so that I would NOT burn it accidentally!

Maybe I will change recipes...

First off, let me say that my first batch is not TOTALLY burnt...as I am still eating it!:eek:

I am trying a different recipe that calls for a small amount of water, and I am cooking it at a lower (more med low than med high) temp on my gas range.

I hope this turns out! I don't want to be wasting all of these nuts!

I figured out what my problem was...I was using the 4 quart casserole and the digital thermometer was not reading properly cuz the sugar/syrup mixture did not go up the probe enough!

The reason it was smoking was cuz it was WAY TOO HOT! My second batch came out super! I used pecans and cashews in the second batch, mmmmmmm.

StacieB said:
I think it is on the use and care card you get with the Pastry mat!! I will go look!

Interesting, that recipe is not listed on my U&C card..I have a recipe for a pie...

Ok, I made it and it's great and all, but not how do I get a glop of the brittle off of my exec saucepan? It won't budge!!!!

I just ran VERY HOT water and let the pan sit for about 10 minutes...no more peanut brittle! I love our executive pans!!

KellyTheChef said:
I just ran VERY HOT water and let the pan sit for about 10 minutes...no more peanut brittle! I love our executive pans!!

Aren't they wonderful! :thumbup: I often talk about the easy cleanup when making peanut brittle to highlight just one of the things I love about the cookware.

DH made his peanut brittle last week and we poured it out on the pastry mat. Worked like a charm. Didn't stick to the mat, no need to butter.

I have made PB for years and never used a candy thermometer jut boil it until the peanuts give off a "stinky smell"
If you undercook it you will have "puke" green brittle.
the recipe I use is from our old church and our women's group would start the first of Oct. and make 750 pounds. We never used a thermomter. Back then we did spray the foil with Pam but I have been using the non stick Reynolds since it came out.
Love making it in our non stick cookware.

& our big mix and scraper doesn't melt!!

Related to Have the Recipe for the Delicious Pb Brittle Demo at the Conference?

1. What is the recipe for the delicious PB brittle demo at the conference?

The recipe for the delicious PB brittle demo at the conference is a closely guarded secret and may vary depending on the director who made it. However, a general recipe for peanut brittle can be found online or in cookbooks.

2. Can any of the directors who attended the demo share the recipe?

Unfortunately, it is common for directors to keep their recipes secret in order to maintain a unique selling point for their products. However, you may be able to find a similar recipe online or by experimenting with your own ingredients.

3. Can you provide the recipe for the peanut brittle shown at the conference?

As mentioned before, the exact recipe may vary among directors. However, a quick internet search for "peanut brittle recipe" will yield many delicious options for you to try.

4. Can I make the peanut brittle shown at the conference as a Christmas gift?

Absolutely! Peanut brittle makes for a great homemade gift and can be easily packaged in festive containers. Just be sure to follow a trusted recipe and use high-quality ingredients for the best results.

5. Where can I find the recipe for the peanut brittle shown at the conference?

Since the recipe may vary among directors, it may be difficult to find the exact one shown at the conference. However, a simple online search for "peanut brittle recipe" will provide you with many options to choose from.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tig_536
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mel92504
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies