• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Ever Had a Show With Tupperware. I Was Thinking About

Sandra does a show with Tupperware every year. She attended one and thought the products were overpriced. She also has used Tupperware containers and found that they warp and leave a bad taste on food. Sandra would not recommend purchasing Tupperware products. Sandra also recommends using Gladware containers which she has used for years and does not have any problems with them. Sandra does not think it is worth it to host a Tupperware party because of the high cost of products and the limited benefits. Sandra recommends contacting the Tupperware consultant to find out when specific products are on sale and to book the party during those months. Sandra does not think it is worth it to buy Tupperware products direct from Tupperware
SandiLeigh
Has anyone ever had a show with Tupperware.

I was thinking about hosting one becuase I am interested in some of thier products.

What have your experiences been?

Thanks

Sandra

SandiLeigh said:

I was thinking about hosting one becuase I am interested in some of thier products.

Thanks

Sandra

Attended them, haven't hosted one...products very overpriced.

Granted, I do like what I have...and it has lasted for years, but I just can't justify buying it...

I got a lot free 'cause my cousin was selling it and gave us some for Christmas.

SandiLeigh said:

Thanks

Sandra

Go to their site, they do online parties too...

Their host program stinks and a lot of their benefits are dependent upon getting bookings.

Well reason being is I am looking for good quality containers. All the ones I have bought, and I have tried many have not been good. Even Rubbermaid. They seem to warp to the point where I can't put the lids on or they flake and I can't stand the taste that it sometimes leaves with my food on certain containers.

Any suggestions on other storage containers, or possible pros to purchasing anything from Tupperware?

I did a show in October, and I agree they are overpriced, however, I did get a lot of stuff, and paid probably about $60 in total. What stinks is you have to pay shipping! and it isnt cheap!

I am a big fan of their canisters ... all sizes and types. I have some that date back decades and others I replaced just because I hated the color. (My mom sold it in the 70s and early 80s.)Not such a big fan of thier bowls only because you can't microwave most of them and my stupid roomate doesn't seem to get it ... so some of my IRREPLACABLE vintage tupperware has white marks on it.I'd tell the consultant to get in touch with you when the specific items you want are on sale ... and then book during those months.I would also approach her about switching parties .. you'll have one for her if she has one for you ... that will, if nothing else, give you greater appreciation for our host plan!

E-bay?LOL! Couldn't resist!!!!Seriously though, I'd compare that with catalog prices and with prices with host benefits which are about 10% of sales...

I personally am a big fan of the ziploc gladware containers - I just feel better knowing I can leave them behind if needed - and When we have left overs I prefer to store them in glass - then they go in the micro to the table - but that is just me!

SandiLeigh said:
Well reason being is I am looking for good quality containers. All the ones I have bought, and I have tried many have not been good. Even Rubbermaid. They seem to warp to the point where I can't put the lids on or they flake and I can't stand the taste that it sometimes leaves with my food on certain containers.

Any suggestions on other storage containers, or possible pros to purchasing anything from Tupperware?

How about using the gladware containers...you use then for 3 or 4 time then throw them away. No sticking plasic from old food. I use them all the time. And if you get them on sale (like after a holiday when they releas special designs) you can get them pretty cheap.

Does Target still sell TW?
I know for awhile the kiosks were in our local mall, there was a store at our outlet mall (same prices but rented by consultants at the holidays), then I bought some at Target and even Big Lots they had the huge (32 cup maybe) bowl with a huge jar of Hellmans I think it was a few years ago after they offered it at shows & they had excess and were selling it for $6. do you have a big flea market in your area or do you look at garage sales? I know the big one here has a couple of booths full of retired and current pieces..

I had a TW party a few years back and was really disappointed in the host benefits. I had a PC show about 3 months later and got a zillion times more from PC. I am DYING to get some TW Impressions tumblers but can't justify the price so I just look for them at garage sales :(

Target no longer sells TW, they stopped even though it was a big hit because they wanted it to focus on the home parties more. Why would have have a home party when you could get the exact thing at Target?

Anyway, I did a catalog show in January to get the modular mates when they were on sale. You don't get any benefits until you hit $250. Then you start off at 10% free and 1 half priced item. Anything above and beyond your free stuff is at full price (no unlimited discount like ours). You also have to pay shipping on your half priced stuff. The do give you a couple items for free depending on when you host your party. You also do not get guest special pricing on your host order like PC offers. I really just wanted the modulars while they were on sale so a coworker and I ended up ordering enough to make a catalog show so I took the free stuff and she took the half priced item.

Yes, the Modular Mates are fantastic. It's almost easier to just buy when they're on sale, which is what I did in January. I got a bunch of them for $100.

I've never hosted a party, but I have ordered twice from friends that had parties and got my money stolen both times. Two different tw ladies took my check and I never got my products! I use the "pop and lock" you can get at Target or Bed, bath and beyond. They are a little pricy, but they fit my pantry perfect. I also don't microwave in plastic anyway, I always put it in glass to re-heat (yes, I am paranoid that way :) )

P.S. Not saying all TW ladies are thiefs, just the two I've encountered.

I did a show quite a few years ago... I hadn't ever done a home show before so I didn't know what to compare the benefits to. I LOVE my TW. I got quite a bit of stuff but I don't remember if it was because of the host benefits or if I just bought them outright. If there are specific things you want from TW then go for a show... may as well get them at some sort of discount instead of paying for it all at full price.

I only use my TW stuff for keeping things at home. If the food will be leaving the house we use the Glad stuff. You may check out the "Lock n Lock" brand of stuff... LOVE those also - you can find them on QVC. They are a little expensive also but I love them.

Hanging my head in shame.....
anyone else filling the landfills like me and puts leftovers in Ziploc and then throws them away (I refuse to wash the foil and baggies & reuse like my mother in law) I am getting to the place where I hate spending time washing dishes when I could be with my kids who are almost leaving the nest. So, we spoon leftovers in and toss!

Rebeccascabinet said:
P.S. Not saying all TW ladies are thiefs, just the two I've encountered.
Funny that should have happened to you - because ChefAnn had the same thing happen to her - she hosted a show, and the TW lady took off with everyones money.

Teresa Lynn said:
Hanging my head in shame.....
anyone else filling the landfills like me and puts leftovers in Ziploc and then throws them away (I refuse to wash the foil and baggies & reuse like my mother in law) I am getting to the place where I hate spending time washing dishes when I could be with my kids who are almost leaving the nest. So, we spoon leftovers in and toss!

Ah, don't worry, we go through baggies (or another brand) like water! My kids love toting snacks to and fro and can't be trusted to bring back a container...and I use them to marinate meat and keep veggies in and all kinds of useful stuff. I tend to safe coupons and then buy the brands with Box Tops so DD's school gets something too!

ChefBeckyD said:
Funny that should have happened to you - because ChefAnn had the same thing happen to her - she hosted a show, and the TW lady took off with everyones money.

I've heard of that in the past too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a friend do tupperware for a short time but quit 'cause she couldn't get business mainly due to that fact or the fact that once people had their "tupperware" they didn't want more...there weren't that many "new" products unlike PC who keeps giving us TONS of new stuff...

janetupnorth said:
I've heard of that in the past too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a friend do tupperware for a short time but quit 'cause she couldn't get business mainly due to that fact or the fact that once people had their "tupperware" they didn't want more...there weren't that many "new" products unlike PC who keeps giving us TONS of new stuff...

The reason I don't like it is because the colors change all the time. You can't order something, and then in a couple years add to that color, because the colors have changed. That means you have to order everything you want at once, and I don't want to invest that much at one time.

I think they are over priced. I did a fair last october and there was a consultant there selling some things. I bought two of their Collapsible Bowls, the are not good at all, you put stuff in them and they close on you, not like our pc collapsible bowl, is is why better qualty. I also did a catalog show about a year ago. I sold over $300 in products and got almost nothing, their host benefits are not even worth doing a show, the consultant I had was very pushy in trying to get me to get bookings or recruting people for her.

Becky, loved your comment on colors they've had colors in the past that were just plain icky & any new color would be an improvement!!

Teresa Lynn said:
Becky, loved your comment on colors they've had colors in the past that were just plain icky & any new color would be an improvement!!

Yes, after my post I was thinking that too! They only have colors for a certain period of time then change them and if you budget to buy something you are out of luck or have a funny looking kitchen. :)

Related to Has Anyone Ever Had a Show With Tupperware. I Was Thinking About

1. How do Pampered Chef products compare to Tupperware products?

While both Pampered Chef and Tupperware offer high-quality kitchen products, there are some key differences. Pampered Chef focuses on innovative and versatile kitchen tools, while Tupperware is known for their storage containers. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers a lifetime guarantee on their products, while Tupperware offers a limited warranty.

2. Can I use my Pampered Chef products with Tupperware products?

Yes, Pampered Chef products can be used with Tupperware products. Both companies offer a wide range of kitchen tools and containers that are designed to work well together.

3. Are there any special deals or discounts for hosting a Pampered Chef party with Tupperware products?

Yes, as a host of a Pampered Chef party with Tupperware products, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales of the party. You can also receive exclusive host rewards and discounts on specific products.

4. How do I purchase Pampered Chef products if I am interested in Tupperware products as well?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through an independent consultant, either online or through a party. If you are interested in Tupperware products as well, you can ask your consultant if they also sell Tupperware or if they can connect you with a Tupperware consultant.

5. Are there any cooking or recipe demonstrations available for Pampered Chef products with Tupperware products?

Yes, as a host of a Pampered Chef party with Tupperware products, you can request a cooking or recipe demonstration from your consultant. They can show you how to use Pampered Chef products to prepare and store food using Tupperware products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• redsoxgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PChefRenee
  • tvwalsh72
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jules711
Replies