• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frugal Tupperware Shopping: Ideas & Reviews for the Budget-Conscious

something else.The FridgeSmart containers are great! They are microwaveable and the lid snaps on. I just got a set and they are perfect for my husband's lunch.I have the FridgeSmart Containers and they are great! The lid snaps on and they are microwaveable.
PCSarahjm
I have been invited to a tupperware party....what do I get? There are so many things I would like and the prices are just not in my budget. Give me some ideas of some good tupperware products. I seen they have a garlic keeper....anyone have one and does it work? Thanks

I have the garlic keeper. It is HUGE but I love it. I keep garlic in there for what seems like forever.

I have the small, medium and large Fridgesmarts and I love them. They keep things fresh for weeks.

I have the 3 tray meat keeper, can't think of the real name for it. It is neat. I love being about to put meat and cheese in them and not have them laying somehere in the fridge with the bag open drying out, ha!

I love the modulars too.

On a ceral keeper, I recommend getting one from Bed, Bath and Beyond. TW's is not the right size for my cereal bag.

I also like the stuffables too.

I really like all that I have, except for the cereal keeper - I just use it for chips or snacks or something else.

Hope that helps!

I have the garlic keeper and it works fine. We eat a lot of garlic so it never is around for very long though. The have a pot lid/spoon rest that is great. I would also recommened there flat outs.

Thanks for the ideas ladies! Anyone else?

rennea said:
I have the garlic keeper and it works fine. We eat a lot of garlic so it never is around for very long though. The have a pot lid/spoon rest that is great. I would also recommened there flat outs.

I forgot about the flat outs - I love them too.

Do you think Jennifer and I are TW fans?? :)

I haven't been to a party in 25+ years lol! I wonder what new stuff they have besides the bowl containers is all I remember! heehee

I love the fridgsmarts...they really work great! I used to have the stackable meat/cheese holders and for some reason, I got rid of them. Now I wish I had another set. The rock-n-serve are great. I use them to separate and freeze ground beef, etc.

I love the modular mates, jello mold and the thick grey plastic reheatable things w/pink on them. Great for meals! and leftovers!

Love the garlic keeper and the cereal storage container.

I like the Rock N Serve things for leftovers. My dh takes leftovers to work every day.

I just got the spill proof tumblers. (The ones with straw lids)
I love them!!

Boy - I wish you guys were at my PC shows talking about our products!! LOL -

Haven't any tupperware anymore - I am a glad ware girl now -

I am sure you will find something to buy at the show - Have fun and let us know what you got!!

I love the modular mates, just stocked my kitchen when they were on sale in January (well, half way stocked my kitchen I couldn't afford any more!). The spaghetti keeper is great and cheap. If you are looking for some cheap ideas I love the onion/tomato keeper and the cheese keeper - it comes in a set called Forget me not. If you have kids in school who take sack lunches or you or DH, the sandwich keeper set is nice. I love their grate 'n measure cheese grater when we do taco because I can grate the whole slab of cheese at once.

I'm jumping in on the FridgeSmart containers. I had celery in the large one for...ready for this?... 2 1/2 months and it was still fine!! It got a little limp there at the end, but it was still useable.
(No comments from those with the dirty minds snickering in the back corner over there!)The Flat-Outs are nice, but are not microwaveable. The Rubbermaid ones (that you can get at Target) are.

I know its silly, but the Velveeta cheese thingy is great - keeps it from drying out like it does in the foil and box it comes in. One of my students mom is a tupperware rep so everygift I get is in a TW container - its nice! She is Mexican/American and for Christmas we got mexican coffee in a modular mate...it is the BEST coffee.

I am not crazy about the one Rock-n-serve container I have. It is very hard and rigid and no matter how hard I try, the lid will not snap on. I really think it is defective but I've had it 4 or 5 years and doubt if I can send it back - I need to just take it to work and use it for crafts!

Cindy- I've thought the same thing about the Rock and Serve line. I've got several in a box in the basement, that I keep meaning to sell someplace.

Cindycooks said:
I know its silly, but the Velveeta cheese thingy is great - keeps it from drying out like it does in the foil and box it comes in. One of my students mom is a tupperware rep so everygift I get is in a TW container - its nice! She is Mexican/American and for Christmas we got mexican coffee in a modular mate...it is the BEST coffee.

I am not crazy about the one Rock-n-serve container I have. It is very hard and rigid and no matter how hard I try, the lid will not snap on. I really think it is defective but I've had it 4 or 5 years and doubt if I can send it back - I need to just take it to work and use it for crafts!
I take it they no longer carry the velveeta cheese thingy! I need something like that.

I love love love Modular Mates! BUT I will only buy them on sale! I do wish that they would stop doing away with the lid colors I like though!

Also...my kids use the sandwich keepers and mini somethings (all I know is we have some Princess ones and white ones with raspberry lids) in their lunch boxes everyday.

erinyourpclady said:
I love love love Modular Mates! BUT I will only buy them on sale! I do wish that they would stop doing away with the lid colors I like though!

Also...my kids use the sandwich keepers and mini somethings (all I know is we have some Princess ones and white ones with raspberry lids) in their lunch boxes everyday.
You cannot pass up the price they had in January - 40% off. I told the TW lady to give me a call when they go on sale again. I do agree with the lid colors though but they try to get more money from you by offering just the current lids so you can update your old stuff. I have flour containers in tan, spaghetti container in navy and the rest in blue.

I wish they had black lids

The spill proof tumblers are the best! (the ones where you insert your own straw) If you have small kids these are a must-have!

Well, my personal favorite is the ball with all the shapes to put in it... ;)

No, I really don't still play with it, but I had one when I was little and my kids did too so couldn't resist...he-he.

Everything that I have from TW I absolutely LOVE!! Moduolar Mates, cereal containers, soup bowls, sandwhich containers, etc. I have the advantage of my SIL being a TW consultant. :sing: We are always "swapping" products back and forth. That reminds me that I need to look at their website. She's told me that May is one of their best months for host specials. I think my husband will move me to the barn/garage if I get anymore tupperware!:eek: Oh well, makes a great wedding/shower gift for my niece who's getting married Labor Day Weekend!! ;)

krzymomof4 said:
I wish they had black lids

They used to for many of the containers...I have some with black lids around here somewhere...

The only TW I have is the pickle dilly. The handle pulls up and drains the pickle juice so you don't have to stick your hand in the jar. Dh loves it, I don't eat pickles but it is nice.

I love the Rock 'n Serve containers for leftovers. Freezer and microwave safe plus they wash great in the dishwasher.

Great ideas....I am for sure getting a cereal keeper and the garlic keeper. They also have a salsa seasoning mix.....my family loves salsa so might try that.

I have a garlic keeper from Williams-Sonoma. It matches the rest of my countertop gear...............

And we LOVE us some garlic so it is always really full or empty!LOL

chefann said:
I'm jumping in on the FridgeSmart containers. I had celery in the large one for...ready for this?... 2 1/2 months and it was still fine!! It got a little limp there at the end, but it was still useable.
(No comments from those with the dirty minds snickering in the back corner over there!)

The Flat-Outs are nice, but are not microwaveable. The Rubbermaid ones (that you can get at Target) are.
a_takethatfoo.gif

We have TONS of tupperware. I use a bowl to keep my 1min microwave basic cake mix in, my hubby uses the soup mugs DAILY (so we have 4), and we use the cereal bowls ALL THE TIME!! :)

love the flat outs & the fridge smarts.

Definitely Garlic Keeper. Don't get the thing for potato/onion storage... they mold in it. Oh, I see from your avatar you have kids, so you definitely need to check out the Mickey Ice Tups... great for homemade juice popsicles!

Related to Frugal Tupperware Shopping: Ideas & Reviews for the Budget-Conscious

1. What do I get at a Tupperware party if I'm on a budget?

At a Tupperware party, you can find a variety of products at different price points to fit your budget. Some affordable options include the classic Tupperware canisters, measuring cups and spoons, and reusable water bottles. You can also consider purchasing smaller items like the garlic keeper or citrus peeler that are both useful and budget-friendly.

2. Can you give me some ideas for good Tupperware products?

Tupperware offers a wide range of products that are not only high-quality but also versatile and functional. Some popular and highly recommended items include the Vent 'N Serve containers, FridgeSmart produce savers, and the Quick Chef Pro System. You can also explore their website or catalog to find products that suit your specific needs and preferences.

3. Is the garlic keeper worth buying?

In our experience, the garlic keeper has been a useful addition to any kitchen. It helps to keep garlic fresh for longer and prevents it from sprouting. The container also has a built-in grater, making it easy to use and store freshly grated garlic. Overall, we highly recommend the garlic keeper for anyone who loves to cook with fresh garlic.

4. Does Tupperware have any options for those on a budget?

Yes, Tupperware offers a variety of products at different price points to cater to all budget ranges. You can find affordable options that are both functional and durable, allowing you to make the most out of your money. Additionally, Tupperware also has frequent sales and promotions that can help you save even more on your purchases.

5. Are there any specific Tupperware products that are great for budget-conscious individuals?

Yes, there are several Tupperware products that are perfect for those on a budget. Some of these include the FridgeSmart produce savers, which help keep produce fresh for longer, saving you money on food waste. The CrystalWave microwave containers are also great for meal prepping and saving leftovers, making them a cost-effective option. Lastly, the reusable water bottles and tumblers not only help you save money on disposable plastic bottles but also contribute to a more sustainable lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SandiLeigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • camiesu
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sara Dawn