• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anybody Had Their Own Grand.opening Show Be a Flop?

In summary, My grand opening show is next.Friday and I fear the.worse. all of my close friends and family are doing.shows for.me within the next month, so they won't be ordering from my party. I really don't know that many people. I'm so nervous and I'm getting cold feet about my business. If my very own party is a huge failure, how in the world can I be successful?My second show (my sister) ended up over $900 too, with at least 3 bookings. So I've had a great start back. It definitely boosted my confidence a bit.
vhadley
My grand opening show is next.Friday and I fear the.worse. all of my close friends and family are doing.shows for.me within the next month, so they won't be.ordering from my party. I really don't know that many people. I'm so nervous and I'm getting cold feet about my business. If my very own party is a huge failure, how in the world can I be successful?

I had mine a couple weeks ago. Although this is my second time around (I have been inactive for about a year, year and a half) I was still very nervous. The week of my show I was feeling like I hadn't done a good job inviting people, and that I was going to end up with a very small show. It ended up at $944! I was shocked! I didn't even have a huge turnout, but a couple people that came surprised me with big orders and I got a few good outside orders.

You just never know who is going to come, or who will place big orders. You might be surprised! Of course, a lot of my family that had booked shows still ordered, but most weren't big orders.

Even if you don't end up with a huge show total, it sounds like you have several bookings to get you started. Your grand opening will be good practice for the other shows. Then focus on getting bookings from those shows, because that's what's going to keep you going. My second show (my sister) ended up over $900 too, with at least 3 bookings. So I've had a great start back. It definitely boosted my confidence a bit.

Keep in mind that not every show is going to be a huge success. You will have great shows, not so great shows, and a bunch in between. It's the nature of the business. Don't let it discourage you! You can do it!

Be sure to specifically invite people, and to get RSVP's. Don't just flood the region with invites and wish.Also - schedule other shows close to this one, so even if it doesn't rock the bank, you'll have orders to add to a consequent show or such. Lots of shows in close is a secret to success. Good luck; keep us posted!

Since you have family and friends already scheduled to have shows, be sure they come! Even if they don't buy, use them as practice and get feedback from them on things they'd like you to do at their show and let you know what they liked about your show. Ask them to bring a friend that wont be able to attend their show so they can at least come to one, then book one of their own and also purchase products. And, of course, as has already been said, invite others and follow up!

Having no one show up at your kick off show does not mean your business won't be a success. I had no one at mine, and I am still here 3+ years later. You just might have to get more creative and try other things (booths were how I got going).Besides, if your friends and family are already doing shows, that is what you want! You can focus on that. I figured this, my kick off invitations mostly went to neighbors - who didn't know me, so they had no interest.Keep your chin up. :)

Make sure u get the people who can't make to your friends shows! The may love to have an alternate date!

Just because they are hosting their own shows doesn't mean they won't come to your party and doesn't mean they won't buy to help you out! Make sure to talk to them and ask them if they can still make it to help you out because you need the practice. Also look outside of the box, make sure to invite everybody!

Mine was kind of a flop dollar-wise, but the learning experience was priceless :chef:

I learned a lot of stuff, such as
- how to host coach better; especially the bit about over-inviting
- make sure to ALWAYS mention they should bring a friend, because a few people said they would have, but thought I wanted to keep it small
- mistakes aren't really a big deal; you can find a way to laugh about them and people understand
- if you don't know everything about all the products it's OK (a customer showed me how to use the measure-all cup)
- just figuring out the logistics of submitting of a show in general without having to coordinate with a host (paperwork, P3 changes, payments, sorting the order when it comes)

Completely agree with wadesgirl - invite the folks who are hosting their own shows and tell them it will be good practice for you.

Mine was a flop for attendance, but I had fun and a year later I'm still doing it! My first actual shows were way better than my own!!

1. What are some common reasons for a grand opening show to flop?

A grand opening show can flop for a variety of reasons, such as low attendance, lack of preparation or promotion, poor sales, or a disorganized presentation. It could also be due to external factors such as bad weather or competing events.

2. How can I prevent my grand opening show from being a flop?

To avoid a flop, make sure to plan and promote your event well in advance, offer attractive incentives or discounts, and have a well-organized and engaging presentation. You can also consider partnering with other businesses or organizations to reach a larger audience.

3. What can I do if my grand opening show is not going as planned?

If you notice that your grand opening show is not going as expected, try to remain calm and assess the situation. Consider making last-minute changes to your presentation or offering additional incentives to attract attendees. You can also ask for feedback from those who did attend to learn how to improve for future events.

4. Is it possible to have a successful grand opening show after a flop?

Yes, it is possible to have a successful grand opening show after a flop, but it will require some extra effort. Take the time to analyze what went wrong with your previous event and make necessary changes for future ones. You can also reach out to your network and utilize social media to promote your next event.

5. What are some tips for making my grand opening show a success?

To make your grand opening show a success, make sure to plan well in advance, promote it through various channels, create an attractive and engaging presentation, and offer incentives or discounts to attract attendees. Additionally, consider partnering with other businesses or organizations and seek feedback to continuously improve your future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies