• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keep Your Desk Organized: What Files to Keep in Your Filing Cabinet

In summary, Alison has a great system for keeping her desk and office clean and organized. She keeps order forms, catalogs, PP receipts, and current/upcoming show files in an escalating file holder, and has 6x6 cubes for holding paperclips, binder clips, and ideal clips. She also has a file for stamps and labels, a file for post-its, and a file for stapler, tape, scissors, and a PC stamp.
abrahamlaur
I'm redoing my filing system and I thought I saw somewhere on here before what paperwork you should keep within your reach on a daily basis. But I cant find it now. What files should I keep in my new filing cabinet (one drawer) right by my desk?

come on, no one has any ideas???

I haven't seen a list but I'll tell ya what's in mine...
- labels for catalogs
- rcipes
- show planners
- recruiting flyers
- expense receipts
- registry info
- a file on each of the consultants in my downline

I always keep order forms, catalogs, stuff for host packets, host packets ready to go (just need to add host/guest special), letterhead, PP receipts. In an escalating thing on my printer I keep files for current/upcoming shows. I also have a 2nd escalating thing on the other side of my desk with a file folder for Bills, PC Receipts to be entered, and To File folder. This way my desk stays clean.

I also have these awesome 6" x 6" cubes on my desk, set up 2x2. I have 1 with 4 drawers for paperclips, binder clips, and ideal clips. 1 X one with pens, pencils, highlighters and sharpies. 1 2-drawer one with a drawer for stamps and return address labels and a drawer for post-its. And a 1 drawer one for stapler, tape, scissors, jump drive, and PC Stamp.

I LOVE this new system I have going! I am actually in the middle of a big clean right now and I am hanging new stuff on the walls, etc. I will have to post pics when I am done! :)

GourmetGirl said:
I always keep order forms, catalogs, stuff for host packets, host packets ready to go (just need to add host/guest special), letterhead, PP receipts. In an escalating thing on my printer I keep files for current/upcoming shows. I also have a 2nd escalating thing on the other side of my desk with a file folder for Bills, PC Receipts to be entered, and To File folder. This way my desk stays clean.

I also have these awesome 6" x 6" cubes on my desk, set up 2x2. I have 1 with 4 drawers for paperclips, binder clips, and ideal clips. 1 X one with pens, pencils, highlighters and sharpies. 1 2-drawer one with a drawer for stamps and return address labels and a drawer for post-its. And a 1 drawer one for stapler, tape, scissors, jump drive, and PC Stamp.

I LOVE this new system I have going! I am actually in the middle of a big clean right now and I am hanging new stuff on the walls, etc. I will have to post pics when I am done! :)

OK - I am unable to visualize the "escalating" things and your cubes...would you post a picture for us? I am dying to get some more organization ideas!

Here are some pics... enjoy!

Pic 1 is an overview of my desk.
Pic 2 is a closeup of my 6x6 cubical things and 1 escalating file holder
Pic 3 is a closeup of my show info escalating file holder
Pic 4 is of one of my shelves on my bookcase and how I have implemented 2 other cubicals...

Attachments

• Desk 1.JPG
    Desk 1.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 440
  • Desk 2.JPG
    Desk 2.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 426
  • Desk 3.JPG
    Desk 3.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Desk 4.JPG
    Desk 4.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 383
You have a highlighter fetish, too!!! I have WAY more than I ever am going to use, but some how end up ordering at least one each time I'm on Office Depot!
And gotta ask... what is in the multiple index card boxes?

I have 1 for recipe cards from PC, 1 for recipe cards that I find other places, 1 for blank index cards, and 1 for PC postcards. I want to find clear index card boxes or at least get my labeler out! Behind the big grey index card box is a black photo box from Joanns or Michaels and that has some other host gifts/basket picks that don't fit in the tool turnabout.

Okay, for those of us who must have the correct terminology....
Alison has a "desktop vertical file" with graduated steps OR a "vertical incline sorter"...courtesy of Office Max/Depot! But escalating thingy sounds just as good!!!!!

Thanks Cath... the actual phrases will help anyone searching on Office Max/Depot's website much easier than "thingy" I am sure :D

OH MY ALISON! :cry:

I could be your exact opposite and I am very very jealous! and sad, and frustrated. I have tried for so long to get organized and to see such an awesome desk just makes me inspired!

How much do you charge? Could you please come help me? :yuck:

Actually the company I work for 40 - 50 hours a week has every employee do a personality test which we are supposed to post our colors on the door. I am high green and red (green is supposed to be very organized). I am getting there at work and am slowly getting the house back but my room/office is a huge endeavor.

Wish me luck and thank you for your photos!

Kim... Good Luck! The funny thing is my AD has just asked me to come over and help her organize her office and downstairs... what do you think is a good amount to charge her? Also, my desk has been constantly evolving. I think after 1.5 years I have finally found a system that I like. Also, I have been really trying to get things in order, as with starting grad school in 2 weeks, working and doing PC, I want things to flow as smoothly as possible.

Not to hijack, but I was in Office Depot today & they have some AWESOME sales. I got some post-note index cards for FREE (after I mail in the rebate). Several items were a penny or a quarter after the rebate (Pens, markers, etc). They are clearing out Back to School stuff here, so I'm not sure the prices would be the same everywhere or not. Lots of highlighters;)

What a great idea to store UP! Especially when you are short on space!

As I use my 2nd bedroom on my main floor for my office/craft room/guest bedroom I have been trying to creatively store things.

Inside the closet is a bookcase with storage things on top of the bookcase for scrapbooking/stamping. A 4 ft. tall plastic drawer thing from Sam's Club with PC stuff with more Plastic storage on top of it. and all my bags/crates are next to that.

I also have cardboard boxes with lids (something I had from college) under my futon in my office labeled with different things (blank media, old catalogs, stuff to scrapbook, pc theme show stuff, etc).

I have a HUGE (almost 6ft tall) bookcase at an angle next to my desk. The tops shelf holds labeled binders, the 2nd holds the stuff in my pic, the 3rd hold my TV, VCR, DVD player, and printer paper, the 4th holds other PC stuff (still figuring out this shelf), the bottom holds Scrapbooks, College Yearbooks, and other stuff I don't often access/doesn't fit on other bookcases.

I also have a bookcase between my closet and door that on the 1st shelf is a thing from office max (2 baskets (for catalogs and order forms) with dividers on top for files -- where I put host folder stuff/letterhead/pp receipts), with an alarm clock, and Brochure and Small Catalog holder. The 2nd shelf has 6 photo boxes from Michaels/JoAnns that are labeled with that is inside. The bottom shelf has PC Cookbooks, PC related books/cds/dvds.

I also have a 3 drawer plastic cart that I am trying to get out of my office, so I can put a little nightstand sort of thing there for guests when they come...

Alison your descriptions of how you store stuff will help. I have been working on it and it will happen. I printed (at work where it is cheaper) all the info from the organization threads and has reading some of it tonight. I am going to do it in blocks of time.

I have so much paperwork stacked up that I plan to have a big box and just throw away as much as possible. It will happen - I think I can, I think I can...

BTW: I have no idea how much to charge your AD but bet you could make good money doing it.

I would love to know where you got the cube thing!!!!

Doing the bump!

O how I wish.....to be organized as this. It isn't real bad but only if I had the extra space. My old office/spare room turned into my sons room so we down sized the computer to a laptop and a 3 drawer cabinet to the living room.

1. What types of files should I keep in my filing cabinet?

You should keep important documents such as tax returns, insurance policies, and legal documents in your filing cabinet. You can also keep personal records like birth certificates and marriage licenses in a separate section.

2. How should I organize my files in the filing cabinet?

It's best to organize your files in a way that makes sense to you. You can group them by category, chronologically, or alphabetically. Make sure to label each file clearly for easy retrieval.

3. How often should I clean out my filing cabinet?

It's a good idea to go through your filing cabinet at least once a year to get rid of any outdated or unnecessary documents. This will help keep your cabinet from becoming cluttered and disorganized.

4. Can I keep digital copies of my files instead of physical copies?

Yes, you can keep digital copies of your files as long as they are backed up and easily accessible. However, it's still recommended to keep physical copies of important documents in case of technology malfunctions.

5. What should I do with files that I no longer need to keep?

If you have files that are no longer needed, you can either shred them or store them in a separate box labeled for old documents. This will help keep your filing cabinet organized and free up space for new files.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Denarella
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Denarella
  • riggs62
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
riggs62
  • ivebeen4given