1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Hands On Show

1. jenniann

jenniann Member

I am doing a show for a group of repeat customers. It is a group that is really hands on. I would like to set up before hand and then let them actually make their own individual food items. I was thinking of topping individual pizzas or something.... Has anyone done anything like this before or have any recipes that would work well?

Feb 15, 2006
  2. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Jenni--That sounds like a good idea! My main hands-on party this season has been with the Fritatta. I read through the steps then they get to choose which items they want to experience or if they LOVE it talk about.

If you have the Kid's cookbook you can read how they do those mini-pizzas.

Feb 15, 2006
  3. jenniann

jenniann Member

Rats I don't have the kids cookbook. Do you happen to know what they do for crust? Is it the pita pocket split in half? i think I can figure out the toppings and sauce easy enough...

Feb 15, 2006
  4. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Jenni--Here is the ingredient list from the cookbook

1 pita bread round
    2 tablespoons pizza or spaghetti sauce
    1 stick mozzarella string cheese
    3-6 pepperoni slices
    1/2 medium green bell pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425. Place the pita bread on the Sm Bar Pan. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the top of the pita.

2. Cut the string cheese in half from end to end. Cut each half again from end to end to make 4 long strings of cheese. Arrange the cheese strings over the pizza sauce to mke a tic-tac-toe pattern.

3. Place the pepperoni slices on some of the square openings. Cut the bell pepper in half from end to end and scrpe out the seeds. Using a Creative Cutter shape or a 1" cookie cutter, cut 3 stars from the bell pepper. Place the pepper stars on the rest of the openings.

4. Bake the pizza for 7 to 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.

I know your party is for adults, but I wanted to post the whole thing for any others.

Feb 15, 2006
  5. jenniann

jenniann Member

THANKS! It

Feb 15, 2006
  6. jenniann

jenniann Member

THANKS! It might be good to be able to show them a tic tac toe pizza, most of them have kids or grandkids.

Feb 15, 2006
  7. Hands on truffles

I made up the velvety chocolate truffles on my cutting board before hand, explained what I did, then let several guests roll them in different nuts/ powdered sugar, etc. They had fun.
    K

Feb 15, 2006
  8. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

I do the baked pot stickers with sweet asian dipping sauce as a hands on. Especially the filling and folding part.

Feb 16, 2006
Have something to add?