• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Live Shows Without a Laptop: Tips for a Smooth Transition

In summary, the author is saying that they are going to have to do their shows by hand for a while because they get really nervous doing the math with people sitting right there. They also mention that there are some tips on how to make the process easier, but that rushing is what will cause mistakes. The author also says that they are grateful for the Dave Ramsey budget and emergency savings because they were able to get a new laptop.
redsoxgirl
I bring it to all of my shows and now I'm going to have to do my shows by hand for a while.

I get really nervous doing the math with people sitting right there and had to eat $5 - $10 before I had the laptop.

Any suggestions on how to make it easier on myself until we get a new laptop?

I am so sorry to hear about your laptop. May it rest in peace.

I have a laptop but haven't taken it to shows yet. I think it feels like more of a hassel to me to have to enter everything on the computer and still tally it all up on the receipt. It is one more thing to carry and just feels like a pain to me. But so many of you take them, I just wonder if it would be a benefit or not?!

I used to take my laptop but stopped because it was another thing to keep an eye on, and made it look like we HAVE to have a laptop (not good for recruiting - although I do mention the software when I'm totaling orders so people know we don't do everything by hand).As far as tips - just take your time. Rushing is what makes you make mistakes. Don't try to skip steps. Write down the product subtotal. Then add the shipping and write down the new subtotal. Then multiply by the tax rate and write that in the correct box. Doing it step by step and writing down each thing in the appropriate places on the order form will help minimize your mistakes.

Chefann is right. Rushing is what causes the mistakes. Ask your guests to double check the total. Bring an extra calculator or two. The host will probably have one, too. Take your time and don't stress out about adding.

Bless your heart. I know your pain girl. My pp failed back in June. Then I loaded p3 and my whole computer crashed 2 weeks ago. Thank God for the Dave Ramsey budget and emergency savings. We ended up draining it out to get a new laptop. Time to start booking more shows so I can repay myself:). Good luck to you and much success with your business so you can get a computer soon.

1. What could have caused my laptop to suddenly die?

There are several possible reasons for a laptop suddenly dying, including a drained battery, overheating, hardware failure, or a software issue. It is best to have a professional technician diagnose the specific cause.

2. Is there any way to recover my data from a dead laptop?

Depending on the cause of the laptop's death, it may be possible to recover your data. If the hard drive is still functioning, a professional data recovery service may be able to retrieve your files. However, if the hard drive is physically damaged, data recovery may not be possible.

3. How long does it typically take to repair a dead laptop?

The time it takes to repair a dead laptop can vary greatly depending on the cause of the issue and the availability of parts. In some cases, it may only take a few hours, while more complex issues could take several days.

4. Should I replace my dead laptop or try to repair it?

This ultimately depends on the extent of the damage and the cost of repairs. If the repairs are significantly more expensive than purchasing a new laptop, it may be more cost-effective to replace it. However, if the repairs are relatively minor, it may be worth fixing your current laptop.

5. How can I prevent my laptop from dying in the future?

To prevent your laptop from dying unexpectedly in the future, it is important to take proper care of it. This includes regularly backing up your files, keeping it clean and dust-free, and avoiding extreme temperatures. It is also important to use a surge protector and avoid dropping or mishandling the laptop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Fluffy215
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • etteluap70PC