• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Returns: Refunds and Impact on Host & Commission

In summary, the customer wants a refund for the products she didn't receive that she ordered with the three tiered stand. The host has emailed support services for an adjustment, but just wondering, does she get the full refund with shipping included? Also, how long does it usually take for them to get the money back to the customer?
SandiLeigh
What happens when I guest gets thier products and decides she doesn't want them anymore.

Do they get a full refund?

How does this affect the host, if at all?

How does this affect commision?

It shouldn't, she needs to call HO and talk to them.

They can get a full refund. There are a few products that can't be returned just because the customer doesn't like them (Pantry items, for example, are guaranteed only for spoilage). No effect to the host.No effect to your commission. Unless an entire order is returned. But if it's on a show, I think the whole show has to be returned before HO does a commission take back.

If it's within 30 days of when the show shipped, do an adjustment and they wont' even have to pay for shipping.

After that, they have up till ONE YEAR to return at their own cost for a refund, replacement, or exchange...

man, PC has the BEST return policy!! I'm so impressed!

This customer ordered the three tiered stand but when it came she realized it didn't come with the plates. It was an outside order so I didn't get a chance to tell her to make sure, but I assumed that since she was ordering it, and it says in the book that she knew.

She wants a refund. I have emailed support services for an adjustment. But just wondering, does she get the full refund with shipping included? Also, how long does it usually take for them to get the money back to the Customer?

Thanks

No shipping is not included nor if she rounded up. Once HO receives the product then the refund will be credited. I just had to do this for a customer thats the only reason I knew that. ha ha

Do you usually return the item for the customer? Also, have you had a customer argue with you about the shipping being refunded as well.

I have a feeling this customer is going to be difficult about it. She wouldn't even take the product from the Host. She just told her to keep and she wanted her money back because she didn't know it didn't have the plates with it. She was a little upset.

However, I don't think that should be either myself or the host's fault as it does clearly state that in the book.

I do not do returns for my guests. I will call HO for them but sometimes it's just easier for them to call HO. If she wants to fight the $4 shipping charge (um, she ordered it and it was shipped to her, that's her fault!), then she needs to cal HO herself to discuss that. If the host still has it, either you or the customer can tell HO to pick up the product from the host.

By the way, I was almost burnt by a customer who didn't want to handle the return herself even though it was within the first 30 days. I had to go find a box, put it out, only for FedEx to call and leave me a message that they couldn't find the product. It took me a full 30 minutes to find out that the guy who left the message found the box mid-message and didn't even bother to tell me he found it. After that, I will not take any products from a customer. I don't care, I will tell that story to them if they argue. And the lady drove 30 minute round trip just to bring the apple/corer/peeler stand!

When you return stuff that you purchased online you don't get refunded the shipping plus you have to pay to ship it back, sometimes. We have an awesome return system in the first 30 days and beyond. It's not your fault or the hosts that she didn't read the message in the book that says plates not included.

I letmy customers know that consultants are not allowed to accept product returns but that I'm happy to assist with making sure she's happy. Depending on the customer, I'll sometimes offer to split the cost of shipping with her (unless it's within the 30 days) and that makes them happy.

I usually ask myself if it's worth the customer bad-mouthing me and PC. I guess I'd rather keep the customer satisfied (unless they're being real jerk, then I figure most people know that about them :) ).

Just my two cents.

I take care of most returns for my customers. Its just one extra step to keeping them happy. I also take care of replacement parts. I tell them how much it will be and put through the order. Saves them time and makes them think I'm doing them a great favor. Plus, I still get to write off my mileage to the post office or if I have to pay for packing materials. Either way, I'm out and about at least twice a week with family stuff, its not a bother to add one or two errands and get paid for it (mileage rate is great!)

BothI have handled returns and I have bought products (under $15) from customers and most recently I've been processing the return/replacement for the customer, but giving the customer's address and let them return the product.
I'm trying to keep from being the middle person, but would like to provide service, too. Fine line to walk.

What is the return policy for guest returning products?

The return policy for guest returning products is that they can be returned within 45 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. The item must be in its original packaging and in new, unused condition.

Can I return a product I received as a gift from a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can return a product that was given to you as a gift from a Pampered Chef party. As long as the item is in its original packaging and within the 45-day return window, you can receive a full refund or exchange.

What if the product I received is damaged or defective?

If you received a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will assist you in returning the item and receiving a replacement or refund.

Do I need a receipt to return a product?

No, you do not need a receipt to return a product. However, having a receipt will make the return process easier and faster.

Can I return a product purchased from a consultant at a live event or show?

Yes, you can return a product purchased from a consultant at a live event or show. The same 45-day return policy applies, and the item must be in its original packaging and unused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • family4dinner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
family4dinner
  • janetgia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies