• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Ground Beef: Quick Tips and Tricks for Perfect Results

In summary, the author suggests doing brown ground beef in the RCB or Mix N Chop, cooking for six minutes in the MC with a lid on, and then breaking it up and cooking for another four minutes in the MC. She also suggests using the Mix N Chop to chop up the meat and add seasoning before cooking it in the microwave.
freetofly06
Hi everyone...I am new (just two months) and excited I hit my $1250 in my 30 days! I always thought PC was expensive but wow I know better now. The products are fantastic and my husband is loving how durable everything is.

I'm trying to learn the new products and was wondering what I can brown ground beef in the microwave in. I have the RCB and the small microcooker. Would either of these work and how long do you cook it for?

Thanks so much for all your help!

I do ground meat in the microwave all the time in DCB (the RCB's mom lol). It's especially handy when I forget to thaw!

For a 1 lb. frozen block of hamburger, I do six minutes on high. Take it out and mix/break it up with the Mix & Chop, and add any seasoning I want. Then, microwave another 4. Break up again with the Mix & Chop and you're good to go.

I know I've seen posts about people doing hamburger in the micro cookers, but haven't done it myself, so don't know times. HTH!

I have also done ground beef in the microwave in the batter bowl and micro cooker. Definitely use the Mix & Chop.

I've browned it in the batter bowl, micro cooker, and the DCB. I always defrost the meat in the microwave first before putting it in whatever I go with, just in case of thermal shock. The Mix N Chop is a MUST! I think for 1 lb. of meat I usually do 3 or 4 minutes and then break it up a little, then cook for another few minutes till it's no longer pink.

I do mine in the DCB all the time as well-normally for tacos. I just throw it in for 4 minutes use the Mix N Chop. Then microwave a couple more minutes depending on how browned it is. This was a big selling point at one show. I told the girl that I use it for 10 minute meals all the time and discussed tacos and she bought both the DCB and the Mix N Chop-I wasn't even a consultant then!

I have the Mix & Chop...I actually bought it 4 years ago and my husband uses it religiously! Now I'm using it more.

Thank you for all the ideas. I'm on vacation this week and combing this forum for ideas on products to add to my kit. I got the RCB last month and absolutely love it!

here's a great tip I learned. Use the Micro Cooker to cook your meat. Then, with the lid still on, set it on your batter bowl. (I know the large fits nicely, I think the small should fit OK too.) Now all the fat will drain out.

:confused: I'm not following :blushing:...why do you need to put the micro cooker itself in the batter bowl? Don't you just cook it in the MC and then tilt it to strain out the drain holes?

I have cooked a full pound of meat in the RCB, don't recall the time, then--before breaking up the meat with the Mix N Chop, was able to nicely drain off all the fat using just the lid--then I chopped up the meat, seasoned, added a full jar of sauce, and put it back in the microwave. It is amazing how much this RCB holds!

babywings76 said:
:confused: I'm not following :blushing:...why do you need to put the micro cooker itself in the batter bowl? Don't you just cook it in the MC and then tilt it to strain out the drain holes?

Basically, you drain it into the batter bowl. This is nice if you want to drain while doing other things. You can tip it over the batter bowl and walk away while it drains.

I've done it at MANY shows (frozen or thawed) in the large micro cooker. The lid helps keep moisture in, you can drain any liquid & it doesn't taste like microwaved meat. I've done chicken in the DCB, but haven't ever done ground beef in the DCB. I would think it would do just as good as the chicken, although not as easy to drain as the large micro cooker. ;)

I thaw and cook ground beef and chicken in the large micro-cooker. Its quick and easy. It doesn't taste like microwaved meat. I also use the mix n chop. My microwave has a thaw setting for ground beef, so it beeps when I should check it. And then it is so easy to drain the fat off with the holes in the lid.

1. Can I cook ground beef in the microwave?

Yes, you can cook ground beef in the microwave. However, it is important to follow proper food safety guidelines and use a microwave-safe container.

2. How long does it take to cook ground beef in the microwave?

The cooking time for ground beef in the microwave will vary depending on the amount and thickness of the meat. It is recommended to cook ground beef on high power for 5-6 minutes per pound, breaking up and stirring the meat every 2 minutes.

3. Is it safe to defrost ground beef in the microwave?

Yes, it is safe to defrost ground beef in the microwave. It is important to use the defrost setting or lower power setting to prevent the meat from cooking unevenly.

4. Can I cook frozen ground beef in the microwave?

It is not recommended to cook frozen ground beef in the microwave as it can lead to uneven cooking and potential food safety risks. It is best to thaw the ground beef in the refrigerator before cooking.

5. What recipes can I make with ground beef in the microwave?

You can make a variety of dishes with ground beef in the microwave, such as meatloaf, tacos, and spaghetti sauce. The ground beef can also be used in casseroles, soups, and stews. Just be sure to follow proper cooking and food safety guidelines with each recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies