• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Recipes for a Survivor-Themed Show: Any Recommendations?

In summary, the host is looking for recipes that can be prepared on a grill, and suggestions were given for spices to use, as well as ideas for cooking challenges.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Does anyone have some recommendations for outdoor grill recipes? I have a show this month that is a survivor theme with quite a few guys there.

My host's husband really likes the idea of the survivor challenges, but would like to incorporate the grill somehow (versus making rings or braids).

These are personal friends for whom I'd really like to do a great job. Any thoughts?

My first thought is to do a rack of ribs, and say that they are some odd delicacy in some other country... use our Jamaican Jerk or BBQ rubs..

legacypc46 said:
Does anyone have some recommendations for outdoor grill recipes? I have a show this month that is a survivor theme with quite a few guys there.

My host's husband really likes the idea of the survivor challenges, but would like to incorporate the grill somehow (versus making rings or braids).

These are personal friends for whom I'd really like to do a great job. Any thoughts?

How about using the grilling planks & after the food is done have the guys & or gals eat off of them, like as if they found them in the jungle...;) Also maybe for a challenge do the queen of the shoppers, but maybe call it queen/king of the jungle...Winners get their choice of making the losers do something....;)

Oh! and maybe you should hide an "immunity from tax and shipping" idol that they need to be in search of! Not sure whether to physically hide it in the yard, or to make it a "ask this question and you could receive it" ...

And let everyone know that the host has immunity from paying full price.

OOOH I LOVE the immunity idol! So cute, maybe they can EARN it by asking questions or something (a la the ticket game or something). Now I want to do a survivor show!

These suggestions are all great...thank you! You've given me some ideas I will definitely use. (Love this forum!)

The one area I'm stumped is this: I had originally planned for each team to have to make a braid (one Spinach-Artichoke, the other Turkey-Cranberry), but they want the recipe competition to somehow center on the grill. I'm thinking maybe some kind of shish-kabob challenge, so they have to use the tools for prepping vegetables. There's two grills available, which helps. Any thoughts?

I would give them different spices to pick from, aluminum foil, skewers..and then they can choose what they want to use/do....and then you are the judge of the winning team...?

Also..If the grills have burners, you could do a rice cook off as well & get to show the cookware;) There is ALWAYS rice on Survivor & SO many different kinds to make....give them each some plain rice,spices & asst veggies & see what they can do. If you really want to get crazy...maybe have an already made dessert & ONLY the winning tribe gets to eat it...;) ;) ;)

What is the "Survivor Show at the Grill" event?

The "Survivor Show at the Grill" event is a cooking competition where contestants use Pampered Chef products to create delicious dishes on the grill. It is inspired by the popular TV show, Survivor, and adds a fun and competitive element to grilling.

How do I sign up to participate in the "Survivor Show at the Grill" event?

To participate in the event, you can either sign up through your Pampered Chef consultant or through the official Pampered Chef website. Simply choose the event date and location that works best for you and follow the registration instructions.

What do I need to bring to the "Survivor Show at the Grill" event?

All participants are required to bring their own grill, as well as any ingredients they need to cook their chosen dish. Pampered Chef will provide the necessary tools and products, as well as a few surprise ingredients to add a twist to the competition.

How is the winner determined in the "Survivor Show at the Grill" event?

The winner of the event will be determined by a panel of judges who will taste and evaluate each contestant's dish. The judges will consider taste, presentation, and creativity in their decision. The winner will receive a prize from Pampered Chef.

Can I attend the "Survivor Show at the Grill" event as a spectator?

Yes, the event is open to the public and spectators are welcome to come and watch the competition. It is a great opportunity to learn new grilling techniques and get inspired with new recipes. However, only registered participants are allowed to compete in the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jpanzenhagen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzbeth
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • chefsarab