• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Pan and Grill Press: The Perfect Combo for Delicious Tortatinis

In summary, Carolyn did a show in February and it was a hit. She demo'd preparing the ingredients, then everyone went in the kitchen and made their own sandwich. The tortatini show is a popular theme in June.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I just ordered myself a Grill Pan & Grill Press and hear these shows are a hit.
I am thinking I could start my microwaving a chicken and go from there...

I am doing salads all summer long - a different one each month. Everyone who I talk to is excited about that and it shows a lot of the products. I might do tortatinis in September to show an easy, weeknight, kids love 'em, need to get back in the swing of school type of show...make sense?

I did a show in February, and it was a hit. They especially enjoyed the dessert ones. I demo'd preparing the ingredients, then everyone went in the kitchen and made their own sandwich.

Carolyn,

Do a search with 'tortatini' and you'll hit a thread with more info on the tortatini show.

I do them every chance I get...I like the resulting sales, bookings, and happy customers. (Grilling shows and luaus though, are my most popular themes in June.)

kris

I wish I had the grill pan and press Panini's tortatini etc.

Stupid question....what's a tortatini? Like a quesadilla or panini?

mrssyvo said:
I did a show in February, and it was a hit. They especially enjoyed the dessert ones. I demo'd preparing the ingredients, then everyone went in the kitchen and made their own sandwich.

Woul dyo umind sharing the recipes? :)

This is what I have:

Attachments

• How to Tortatini.doc
    33 KB · Views: 300
This is what I got from my hospitality director!

Attachments

• How to Tortatini (2).doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 444
Looks like we have the same thing, cmdtrgd!

This is what I started with too....one major change is that I fold the filled tortillas into pockets before putting them into the grill pan. The pockets are a lot easier, and less messy, to eat....and they're cute. :)

If you have enough of the small SA bowls, you can set out the large SA platter w/nine small bowls on it. (I use a med SA bowl for my turkey and mozzerella cheese.) I love this set up and tell customers how they can do the same thing for a salad bar, a potato bar, a taco bar, an ice cream bar, etc.

legacypc46 said:
This is what I started with too....one major change is that I fold the filled tortillas into pockets before putting them into the grill pan. The pockets are a lot easier, and less messy, to eat....and they're cute. :)

If you have enough of the small SA bowls, you can set out the large SA platter w/nine small bowls on it. (I use a med SA bowl for my turkey and mozzerella cheese.) I love this set up and tell customers how they can do the same thing for a salad bar, a potato bar, a taco bar, an ice cream bar, etc.

That is such a great idea for setting up the bar and showcasing a way to use lots of products without taking up a lot of room on your display! Thank you!

Here are some notes I also had.

Ann R.

Attachments

• Tortatini_Show_Notes[1].doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 392
legacypc46 said:

Pockets? How? Can you describe?
Yo umean rather than roll them you fold them somehow?

Fold the top and bottom in before you roll the sides to make a pocket.

I made the 10 min tenderloin with a pork roast and then made Toratini's with the roast for dinner the other night -- DH loved it so I'm going to offer that at some of my shows. Great way to show off several different products.

1. What are Tortatinis and how do you make them?

Tortatinis are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that combines the flavors of tortilla chips and mini-tacos. To make them, simply layer tortilla chips on a baking sheet, top with your choice of toppings, such as cheese, beans, and meat, and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

2. Can I customize the toppings for my Tortatinis?

Absolutely! One of the great things about Tortatinis is that you can get creative with the toppings and make them exactly how you like. Try adding different types of cheese, veggies, or even fruit for a unique twist on this classic appetizer.

3. How many servings does the Tortatinis recipe make?

The standard recipe for Tortatinis makes approximately 12 servings, but this can vary depending on the size of your baking sheet and the amount of toppings you use. You can easily adjust the recipe to make more or less depending on your needs.

4. Can I make Tortatinis ahead of time?

While Tortatinis are best when served fresh out of the oven, you can prepare them ahead of time and then bake them when you're ready to serve. Simply assemble the tortilla chips and toppings on a baking sheet and refrigerate until you're ready to bake. This is a great option for parties or gatherings.

5. What other dishes can I use Tortatinis for?

Tortatinis are a versatile appetizer that can also be used as a base for other dishes. Try topping them with scrambled eggs and salsa for a breakfast version, or use them as a base for nachos by adding additional toppings like jalapenos and sour cream. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • dannyzmom