• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Tips for First Time Flyers?

In summary, Flying for the first time can be a great experience, but preparation is key. Make sure you have everything you need for the flight, and be sure to pack light so you can avoid long security lines. Make sure to bring a magazine and some snacks to pass the time. And, if you have any allergies or head congestion, take precautions by taking a decongestant a few hours before the flight.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I've never flown before and Leadership will be my first time. Any great tips from carry-on to surviving the flight would be great!

Make sure you have under clothes in your carry on just in case they loose your luggage. Travel as light as you can.

Give yourself plenty of time before your flight for getting through security. The flight itself is great, but the waiting before the flight can be long.

I was going to suggest to just pack what you need in the carryon size & don't even check luggage. Then you don't have to stress when yours isn't the first bag out. LOL. Really though, I used to pack a ton of stuff in a carryon 'to do' & then it was just more junk to haul around... ;) Take a magazine & just relax. It will be ok. :D

My best advice for someone who has never flown before is DON'T...

just kidding...

Pad your time, pack light, and have fun!!!

If you have allergies or any head congestion....or if you have small ear canals, be sure to take a decongestant a couple hours before boarding. This will help your ears to "pop" and relieve the pressure.

I get a prescription decongestant from my DR before I fly - it's the only way I can without some serious pain....

Please don't bring a carry on bag the size of a small mountain! Nothing bugs me more than getting on near the end and there being no room for my appropriately sized bag.

I am checking my bag to leadership because, 1. it's Denver and for me that's cold, and 2. Sweaters, etc take up more room that t shirts. That and I don't really want to mess around lugging a heavy bag with me. I will take a tote bag with book, magazine, PC planner (you never know), some mini cats and recruitng brochures, ID, etc.

I usually carry on my bag b/c I hate waiting in line at the carousel for my bag. I have a huge fear of them losing my stuff... I guess that's what happens when they lose your wedding dress on your flight to Vegas to get married. :( So I now do all of my packing in a small (appropriately sized) carryon. It fits into the size that they require & I don't have to worry about my stuff being lost. :) Unless I'm flying on vacation with my three small children & hubby, I can get what I need for two days into my carryon bag.

I'm going with several others from my cluster so I'm leaving it up to them to get me there on time! I don't think I could fit everything in a carry on bag (not even for sure what size that would be). Like mentioned, for Denver, I'm packing warm stuff! The flight is only 1 1/2 hours so I'm not too worried about bringing stuff to keep me busy. I'll probably bring a book or magazine but I'm sitting with my cluster mates so we'll probably keep each other company.

I like the idea of undies in the carry on bag! And of course other necessities just in case

You need to find out what the new guidelines and restrictions are. Maybe someone here knows. My in-laws just flew here for a brief visit last week and they said that you are limited on the amounts of "liquids" in your carry-ons. I think it was 3.5 oz for each item? They had a couple containers that originally held more than that, but were half empty or whatever, and they still weren't allowed to bring them.

babywings76 said:
You need to find out what the new guidelines and restrictions are. Maybe someone here knows. My in-laws just flew here for a brief visit last week and they said that you are limited on the amounts of "liquids" in your carry-ons. I think it was 3.5 oz for each item? They had a couple containers that originally held more than that, but were half empty or whatever, and they still weren't allowed to bring them.

I just checked that part. It's 3 oz containers in 1 quart or pint bag per person.

I did also check, apparently UA now requires bag fees. I maybe carrying on! It's $15 each way!

1. What are some tips for dealing with flight anxiety?

First and foremost, it's important to acknowledge and accept your fear of flying. Then, try to understand the root cause of your anxiety and address it. Some other tips include taking deep breaths, distracting yourself with music or a book, and speaking to a flight attendant about your concerns.

2. How can I make the boarding process smoother?

Be sure to arrive at the airport early to allow enough time for check-in and security. Have all necessary documents (ID, boarding pass, etc.) easily accessible. Also, consider purchasing priority boarding to avoid long lines and board the plane earlier.

3. What should I pack in my carry-on bag?

Some essential items to pack in your carry-on include a change of clothes, medication, toiletries, snacks, and entertainment (books, headphones, etc.). It's also a good idea to have a small travel-sized first aid kit just in case.

4. How can I prevent jet lag?

To prevent jet lag, try to adjust your sleep schedule a few days before your flight to match the time zone of your destination. During the flight, stay hydrated and try to get some rest. Once you arrive, avoid taking naps and try to stay active during the day.

5. What should I do if my flight is delayed or canceled?

If your flight is delayed or canceled, stay calm and communicate with the airline staff. They will provide you with updates and possibly alternative flight options. It's also a good idea to have a backup plan and emergency contact information in case of any unforeseen changes to your travel plans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • boobooscooby4
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
c00p
Replies