• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a good make-ahead dessert for delivery during the holiday season?

The puffs are similar to cream puffs, but are made with flour, butter, and sugar instead of eggs. They are traditionally filled with whipped cream, but you can also put chocolate or caramel in them.
ChefJoyJ
I'm due to deliver in the middle of December, although the docs think I'll most likely go around my 37th or early in my 38th week (so the week of Thanksgiving or early the next week).

I'd love to take a special treat for my L&D nurses (and all nurses on call) b/c they actually do all the work, but don't get as much credit. I just thought it would be a nice gesture. I was trying to think of what I could make (and freeze) ahead of time, so that I could just pull it out when I know we'll be heading to the hospital. I don't want to count on my water breaking, then labor not starting for hours later (like last time), to make my treat then.

Any suggestions on what I could make? Something that freezes well and needs little to no prep work once taken out?

I can't think of a PC recipe off the top of my head but...

a lady I know freezes her pumpkin rolls when she makes them. When she's ready to serve them, she just takes them out to let them thaw for a little bit. And who doesn't love a good pumpkin roll around Thanksgiving?!?! :love:

Prefiterole (sp?!) puffs, you can make them ahead of time and freeze them. They are even better cold.

I second the profiterole puffs - yummo!

kcjodih said:
I second the profiterole puffs - yummo!

Wow, I was closer than I thought. I still cannot pronounce this (we call them cream puffs) nor can I spell it!

Another thing I like to do with the puffs is to use ice cream toppings and drizzle on top. DH's favorite is caramel and mine is chocolate.

mmmmm chocolate :)

I'm not sure I'm right but I pronounce it pro fit er ole ee puffs

Mmm...they do sound good.

How about the brownie truffle bites? Would those freeze well?

kcjodih said:
mmmmm chocolate :)

I'm not sure I'm right but I pronounce it pro fit er ole ee puffs

Close....pro fit er ole is the correct pronunciation.

1. What are some popular make ahead desserts?

Some popular make ahead desserts from Pampered Chef include the Cranberry Apple Crumble, Chocolate Trifle, Pumpkin Pie Bites, and Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars.

2. How far in advance can I make these desserts?

Most of our make ahead desserts can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Some can even be frozen for longer storage.

3. Are these desserts difficult to make?

No, our make ahead desserts are designed to be easy and convenient to prepare. They come with step-by-step instructions and all the necessary tools and ingredients.

4. Can I customize these desserts to my liking?

Yes, you can easily customize our make ahead desserts to your liking by adding different toppings, using alternative ingredients, or adjusting the recipe to your taste preferences.

5. Are these desserts suitable for special dietary needs?

Some of our make ahead desserts are suitable for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free or dairy-free options. Please check the product description or contact a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• IAmChefJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies