• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Make-Ahead Dessert Recipes: Simple Ideas for Busy Moms

In summary, suggestions for an easy dessert that can be made ahead and put in the fridge include banana pudding in a trifle bowl, peppermint fudge sandwiches, and strawberry cream trifle. The strawberry cheesecake trifle is a popular option, and some recommend using pound cake from a boxed mix for the trifle. Another option is the peanut butter cup trifle, which can be made with dark chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge pudding. Overall, many agree that these desserts are even better the next day, making them perfect for making ahead of time.
IAmChefJ
My mom is looking for an easy dessert that she can make ahead and put in the fridge. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking maybe something in the trifle bowl, but wasn't sure what could be made ahead. Also - the simpler the better.

TIA!
J.

Banana Pudding in the Trifle is always good ice cold!

if it is no longer than an hour, the microwave cakes would be great.Otherwise the new peppermint fudge sandwiches or a triffle

the strawberry cream trifle is really good, and I think even better the second day

What about the profiterole (sp?) puffs from SS 06? I think they are even better after sitting in the fridge...

TRIFLE!! They are better once sitting for a while in the frig!

Here is my favorite one:

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle

Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Here is how I make pound cake from a boxed mix for use with the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle:

Using a butter or yellow flavored cake mix, mix according to the package directions only add one extra egg and one small box of vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding mix (just the powder- don’t’ add any milk to it!)

Spray the LBP with Bakers Joy and bake at 350 degrees for 20-28 minutes or till done.

You can change up the flavors for different cakes-
Spice cake mix and vanilla pudding
Lemon cake mix and lemon pudding
Chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding, etc.

If you like a dense moist cake- this one’s for you!

** When I make this for my trifle, I cut most of it up at home using the bread knife and then only demo cutting up one small piece. Bring your cake pieces in a medium SA bowl or round SA bowl!

You only need ½ to 2/3 of the cake for the trifle. Let your kids eat the rest!!

Originally Posted by chefmelody
That was me! Here's what I used:

1 box lemon cake mix
1 4-serving-size box instant vanilla pudding (lemon would probably work too, stronger flavor!)
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup water

Mix with a hand mixer for 30 sec. on low, then 2 min. on medium. Spray large bar pan with Baker's Joy. Pour in batter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Slice with serrated bread knife.

Here's the original post:
Trifle! :) - Pampered Chef

Here is Janet's Peanut Butter and Chocolate one!!

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

1 box brownie mix (dark chocolate, fudge or chocolate)

2 small bozes instant pudding mix (chocolate fudge or chocolate)

1 cup peanut butter

16 oz. Cool Whip

8 peanut butter cups

Make brownies according to box instructions, cool
Melt peanut butter in Micro Cooker, stir in pudding mix and milk (3 cups rather than 4 for a thicker result).

In Trifle Bowl, layer 1/2 brownies, 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then 1/2 of the Cool Whip - repeat. Chop up peanut butter cups and place on top. Enjoy!

Some notes:
I use dark chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge pudding. Surprisingly with the cool whip and peanut butter it keeps all that chocolate from being rich.

For demos, the peanut butter gives a good demo of the measure-all cup and micro cooker.

You'll notice that when you add the pudding then the cold milk, as your stirring, it will get chunky...that is just the cold milk cooling the peanut butter. It makes it like a peanut butter cup inside...

You can also decorate the top with the EAD if you want to take the time, but chopped up peanut butter cups make it look great.

(Someday I need to take a picture of it...!!!) Yum!
...all set for NC and HO tour!...
JanetUpNorth from Chef Success Board

Kelly, I miss your baby type calender signatures

Kelly, You ROCK!!! Thanks for posting those recipes and your pound cake recipe!!

This is SO easy & it actually tastes better the next day...

Attachments

• banana cream supreme.jpg
    banana cream supreme.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 348
Oh! My mouth is watering!!! Those recipe look really good! Gonna have to try and make them! Thanks for sharing!

cwinter474 said:
Kelly, I miss your baby type calender signatures

Here you go!

They can't go in my signature, so I have to remember to cut and paste them into my responses. I guess I have just gotten lazy!

ththhavingaboy_afb.gif

Ginger428 said:
This is SO easy & it actually tastes better the next day...

Love it! This was my recipe a few months ago. Okay, I have to leave this thread. My cupboards are bare and I'm waiting on my husband to get dressed, so we can go to the store and get groceries. We've been busy with work and going out to eat. I'm hungry now!

For those times when you need a "small-ish" trifle that rocks and gets even better overnight....

Tropical Dream Trifle
1 frozen prepared pound cake (10.75 ounces)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 lime
1 large banana, chopped
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced

Cut pound cake into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl of 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set. Add pineapple; toss gently and set aside.

Zest lime using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lime using Juicer to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Chop banana using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine banana, lime juice and lime zest; mix well.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator. Fill decorator with whipped topping; set aside. Add remaining whipped topping, sour cream and powdered sugar to banana mixture; mix well using Classic Scraper.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of Chillzanne(R) Bowl (trifle bowl). Top with one-third of filling mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle coconut over top of trifle. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus(R). Cut slices in half and place between rosettes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

I have to say Janet's Peanut Butter Trifle is GREAT! I made it this weekend and it was a breeze to make.

Kelly, you are a girl after my own heart... I like peanut butter but was thinking I needed a Strawberry Cheesecake one! Thanks.

Heather...that straw cheesecake one is sooooooooooooo good! I can eat the cheesecake/coolwhip filling part by the spoonful!

1. How far in advance can I make the Easy Make Ahead Dessert?

The amount of time you can make the Easy Make Ahead Dessert in advance depends on the specific recipe you are using. Some desserts can be made up to a week in advance, while others are best made the day before. Be sure to check the recipe for specific instructions on make-ahead options.

2. Can I freeze the Easy Make Ahead Dessert?

Yes, many Easy Make Ahead Desserts can be frozen for future use. However, not all desserts will freeze well, so it's important to check the recipe and follow any freezing instructions. In general, desserts with a lot of dairy or fresh fruit may not freeze well.

3. How should I store the Easy Make Ahead Dessert?

The best way to store the Easy Make Ahead Dessert depends on the specific recipe. Some desserts may need to be refrigerated, while others can be stored at room temperature. Be sure to follow the recipe's storage instructions to ensure the best taste and texture.

4. Can I make substitutions in the Easy Make Ahead Dessert recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the Easy Make Ahead Dessert recipe, but be aware that it may affect the final result. For example, if the recipe calls for a specific type of flour and you use a different type, the texture and taste may be different. It's best to stick to the recipe as much as possible for the best results.

5. How long will the Easy Make Ahead Dessert last once it's made?

The shelf life of the Easy Make Ahead Dessert will depend on the specific recipe and how it is stored. In general, most desserts will last for a few days in the refrigerator, but some may last longer or less time. Be sure to check the recipe for specific storage and shelf life instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julesh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
julesh
  • 4kids4me
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies