• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gray's Anatomy Season Premiere: An Exciting Start!

In summary, Holy Cow! What an awesome beginning to the season!!!!!!!:DYeah...that is what I thought too...I love that show...some of the things that they say are so funny.I know!!! It was great. I wonder what will happen with Derek & Meredith......I'm glad Derek and Meredith are sort of together still. Don't like Izzy and son't want her and George to be together.
So I am just bummed that I have to wait till next Thursday. Its like a book. I don't want to stop watching.

chefkristin said:
So I am just bummed that I have to wait till next Thursday. Its like a book. I don't want to stop watching.

I know - right!?!??!

priscilla said:
You know, that seemed so out of character for him. However, don't we ususally lash out at the ones we love most? I cannot remember entirely, but his wife had hiccups, and did M. treat her and say everything was going to be fine?

Robin

She had the hiccups and they treated her and then when they came back she went in and M convinced her to have some kind of surgery and she died in surgery.

But I think that M was really starting to like her and they were really starting to have a connection and M's dad acted like she did it on purpose.

I agree with the anti-Izzy with George feelings. I like Izzy. I adore George. Callie is terrific. I wish if the writers were going to pair I & G, they had done so before he got married. Izzy used to be so highly principled. To see her whining and complaining to G seems so out of character. G was also highly principled. For him to cheat on Callie (who has been a rock for him) diminishes him. I want Callie to win -- let the more average chick get the guy for once. Izzy and Carev (sp?) were reat together. I want the writers to have them reconnect. They had great chemistry.
And could Meredith PLEASE stop whining?!?! Ugh. Enough already.
On a side note -- Private Practice was soooo much better than I thought it would be. Maybe (dare I say it) better than "Grey's".

peichef said:
On a side note -- Private Practice was soooo much better than I thought it would be. Maybe (dare I say it) better than "Grey's".

It was better than I was expecting but I wouldn't say better than Grey's

priscilla said:
I didn't mean to be, but I am a HUGE Grey's fan. Some points to address here:

They did have Addison leaving at the end of last season, there was an episode or two of her in LA.

I LOVE that Burke did not show up! He was ditched at the alter! He was not chosen chief! You think he would want to come back to that situation where his personal and work life were at dead ends?

What I didn't like about it was that they were just gone. Addison didn't really leave at the end of the season--they had her going to LA in that episode b/c she wanted to get pregnant. They implied she would leave when the Chief told her that if she wanted to be chief to make her life have meaning that she needed a new life/job or something like that, but I didn't remember them definitely saying she was gone. Maybe I forgot from over the summer.

If Burke were a resident at a hospital as a heart surgeon, I just don't seem him leaving immediately because he didn't marry an intern or get chief. Well, maybe because he didn't get chief--I think he was pretty mad about that. I just didn't like how they were just gone--not really much closure.

pamperedgirl3 said:
What I didn't like about it was that they were just gone. Addison didn't really leave at the end of the season--they had her going to LA in that episode b/c she wanted to get pregnant. They implied she would leave when the Chief told her that if she wanted to be chief to make her life have meaning that she needed a new life/job or something like that, but I didn't remember them definitely saying she was gone. Maybe I forgot from over the summer.

I don't know if you watched Private Practice or not...but...in the very beginning this week it showed addison talking to the chief but that is odd that they didn't show that at the beginning of Grey's that would have made more sense.

chefheidi2003 said:
I don't know if you watched Private Practice or not...but...in the very beginning this week it showed addison talking to the chief but that is odd that they didn't show that at the beginning of Grey's that would have made more sense.

My mom told me that too. When I was telling her how I didn't like how Addison just left, she said that they showed her talking to the chief. I was thinking, um no, they didn't & she realized it was the new show. I think that was kind of arrogant of the writers to assume that everyone who watches Grey's would watch the new show! I also thought they should have put that on Grey's too. Maybe they did & it was cut in editing. I'm not going to watch the new show because I didn't like the episode when she went to LA on Grey's--and I don't need to get hooked on another show anyway!

pamperedgirl3 said:
My mom told me that too. When I was telling her how I didn't like how Addison just left, she said that they showed her talking to the chief. I was thinking, um no, they didn't & she realized it was the new show. I think that was kind of arrogant of the writers to assume that everyone who watches Grey's would watch the new show! I also thought they should have put that on Grey's too. Maybe they did & it was cut in editing. I'm not going to watch the new show because I didn't like the episode when she went to LA on Grey's--and I don't need to get hooked on another show anyway!

I didn't even think of the arrogance thing but you are absolutely right...I thought that it was odd that they didn't show any part of her leaving...it was about a 2 minute scene at the beginning of the show...I think that Grey's could have at least had the exact same 2 minute scene...I am going to give Private Practice a try...I did like it some what but it is a little odd if you ask me.

chefkristin said:

Exactly! I can hardly wait that week in between episodes...

I have to say, I'm a little surprized by how swiftly (so it seems) Izzy changes her affections so deeply. She's been deeply IN LOVE, TO DIE FOR a little too often to seem credible to me. Am I not getting the romance in it? And I agree, stay away from married men.

Addison surprised me in Private Practice by how whimpy she was. I would have expected her to be more assertive for the whole show. The final seen was more her self-confident personality.

--Jenny L

I thought Christine was left at the alter...I missed that part last season, but I thought that was what she said on GA when they were all sitting around. I wish I hadn't had to miss so much last season. I had my DVR set to record, but my kids would turn it off and say it was a rerun. So, now I am playing catch up.

I really thought Private Practice was boring. I am hoping it steps up. I never liked Addison, so if PP doesn't get better, I will find something else to watch. I am hoping they will tie it more into GA as the season goes on.

I have to repeat that I don't like Izzy, at all. I don't like her in real life either, so I think that is tainting my feeling for her on Grey's. I agree with Jenny that Izzy falls deeply in love too quickly. I hated the whole Denny thing, and I still don't like references to that "love" story.
I also can't believe Cali is the one who got the job. Why? I like her in general on the show, but that job doesn't fit for her. Maybe I'm forgetting something from last season that would explain "why her" and not the "Nazi" or someone else.

JAE, I thought the Chief said Miranda would be better as a surgeon than shuffling papperwork. But I don't remember last season when Cali was chosen. (Must have blinked!) Does anyone know why it was Cali?

--Jenny L

JAE said:
I also can't believe Cali is the one who got the job. Why? I like her in general on the show, but that job doesn't fit for her. Maybe I'm forgetting something from last season that would explain "why her" and not the "Nazi" or someone else.

I am pretty sure that Chief's family life tainted his view on so many things...I think he put Cali in because she doesn't have kids...I think he even said that in an episode last season...He feels that the job would pull too much of you and you wouldn't have time for your family and since Miranda has a baby...HOWEVER did he forget that Cali is a young newlywed so she can still have a child...Also I am pretty sure that that is part of the reason why McDreamy did not get the Chief's position because Chief cares about Meredith and feels like he needs to watch over her and he felt that being chief would pull too much of McDreamy so that him and Meredith would not be happy...That is one of the reason's why McDreamy had an issue with Meredith for a while...He felt that she was the reason why he did not get the job...

One more question...I don't know how I missed this but...WHO got the job as Chief???

I know that Cali got the Chief Resident but who is the new Chief of Surgery??

So many details. It's hard to remember, and it is just t.v. I guess I'm okay with missing details. I can barely remember my own real life details. :)

chefheidi2003 said:
One more question...I don't know how I missed this but...WHO got the job as Chief???

I know that Cali got the Chief Resident but who is the new Chief of Surgery??
The chief kept the job himself.

Derek did get the chief position in the finale, but he said that Weber should stay chief.

One thing I don't get with the relationship between Derek & Meredith is that they never seem to talk to each other! He never told her he turned down the chief position, and she never told him that she had to take the intern test again because she spaced & didn't do anything during the first one--among other things. Weird relationship.

<h2>1. What happened in the season premiere of Gray's Anatomy?</h2><p>The season premiere of Gray's Anatomy was an action-packed episode that left fans on the edge of their seats. We saw the return of beloved characters, intense medical cases, and surprising plot twists.</p><h2>2. Who made a comeback in the season premiere?</h2><p>Many fan-favorite characters returned in the season premiere, including Cristina Yang, April Kepner, and Arizona Robbins. It was an emotional reunion for the characters and viewers alike.</p><h2>3. What was the most exciting moment in the season premiere?</h2><p>It's hard to choose just one, but one of the most exciting moments in the season premiere was when Meredith and Derek finally reunited after being separated for months. It was a heartwarming and long-awaited moment for fans.</p><h2>4. Will there be any major changes in the upcoming season?</h2><p>Yes, there will be some changes in the upcoming season. The show will be addressing the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the characters' lives. We can also expect to see some changes in relationships and dynamics among the characters.</p><h2>5. When does the next episode air?</h2><p>The next episode of Gray's Anatomy will air on [insert date]. Be sure to tune in to see what happens next in the lives of our beloved doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital!</p>

1. What happened in the season premiere of Gray's Anatomy?

The season premiere of Gray's Anatomy was an action-packed episode that left fans on the edge of their seats. We saw the return of beloved characters, intense medical cases, and surprising plot twists.

2. Who made a comeback in the season premiere?

Many fan-favorite characters returned in the season premiere, including Cristina Yang, April Kepner, and Arizona Robbins. It was an emotional reunion for the characters and viewers alike.

3. What was the most exciting moment in the season premiere?

It's hard to choose just one, but one of the most exciting moments in the season premiere was when Meredith and Derek finally reunited after being separated for months. It was a heartwarming and long-awaited moment for fans.

4. Will there be any major changes in the upcoming season?

Yes, there will be some changes in the upcoming season. The show will be addressing the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the characters' lives. We can also expect to see some changes in relationships and dynamics among the characters.

5. When does the next episode air?

The next episode of Gray's Anatomy will air on [insert date]. Be sure to tune in to see what happens next in the lives of our beloved doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kahluakiggy
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • Pamperedpartylady
  • General Chat
Replies