• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grateful for My Incredible Inlaws: A Generous Gesture for My Car

much stuff was back there until we were going out of town last weekend for my BIL's wedding and I filled three plastic grocery bags with DS's stuff! Back to Becky - that is so cool!!! My FIL does lots of stuff for us as well... if he happens to take my van for something, it usually comes back with a full tank of gas, air in the tires and periodically washed. DH's favorite is when FIL decides to purchase a new tool or the like and then declares that MIL won't let him keep it at their house. Then he'll ask DH if the item can "live" at our house... in exachange for the storage, DH gets to use it whenever needed.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I love them!

My FIL called this morning and asked if I was going to be using my car today.

I wasn't planning on going anywhere, so I told him no. He said he wanted to come pick it up, and get new tires put on it. It needed new tires, but DH has actually been too busy to deal with it yet, and I usually let him do the car stuff (I can do it - but I like letting him do it - and he likes doing it!:))

So - My FIL came and picked it up this morning, and just brought the car back - not only with new tires, but he washed and waxed and detailed it inside and out! It looks and smells like a new car...just in time for my hot date with DH tonight!

I'm very blessed to have married a man who is so much like his Father!

That's great Becky! :)

Awesome! My DH likes taking care of my car stuff, too.

That is great Becky!!! I get so mad with my inlaws sometimes mainly my MIL. But my FIL has paid for several things for us here lately (tires on both vehicles, some motorcyle repairs, a new lawn mower) that has helped us out TREMENDOUSLY! Of course MOST of it my MIL has NO CLUE about and it would not have been done if she had.

Wow! What a blessing! Enjoy your night out.

I'm jealous! Have fun tonight....is this the Rockettes show?

What a great FIL, have fun tonight!

Wow, that's so cool! I wish I had someone who would do that for me. DH is not handy and is not into cars and doing that kind of stuff. I would LOVE for someone to take my car and detail it. HOw nice!!!!

Yeah Becky! Enjoy!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!! That is SO cool!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy yourselves!

Awesome, what a nice surprise!

Enjoy your night out tonight :)

That's wonderful. It is my hope that, should our son find a young woman to marry, we will be that type of inlaws.

Oh that is so nice! A "new" car for your big night out! Enjoy!

What great ILs you have! Enjoy your date night tonight!

That is wonderful Becky!!!! Hope you have a great date night with DH!!!!!!

Aww how wonderful - that is so nice - have a great date night in that nice clean car!

How great! I have FABULOUS In-laws also! They would drop anything for any of their kids. Hmmm... maybe fil needs to take my car for the day!

I have lots of "details" in my car
empty water bottles form DD dance, shoes, magazines, Starbucks cups, receipts
I'd take my car to be detailed but its pretty windy here tonight and if I cleaned it out it the car would probably blow into the next county.

Teresa Lynn said:
I'd take my car to be detailed but its pretty windy here tonight and if I cleaned it out it the car would probably blow into the next county.

With three kids, my van sounds lots like your car... more details than I can deal with. Add to that my 9yo DS is a packrat and has decided to use his corner of the van as a personal storage area!!! I didn't realize how much stuff was back there until we were going out of town last weekend for my BIL's wedding and I filled three plastic grocery bags with DS's stuff!

Back to Becky - that is so cool!!! My FIL does lots of stuff for us as well... if he happens to take my van for something, it usually comes back with a full tank of gas, air in the tires and periodically washed. DH's favorite is when FIL decides to purchase a new tool or the like and then declares that MIL won't let him keep it at their house. Then he'll ask DH if the item can "live" at our house... in exachange for the storage, DH gets to use it whenever needed. Ironically, it is usually something that DH wants or could really use, but we don't have the money to buy. Funny how that seems to happen!

And I'm with Rae, I can't wait for my kids to grow up and be on their own so I can be this type of parent/MIL!

katie0128 said:
With three kids, my van sounds lots like your car... more details than I can deal with. Add to that my 9yo DS is a packrat and has decided to use his corner of the van as a personal storage area!!! I didn't realize how much stuff was back there until we were going out of town last weekend for my BIL's wedding and I filled three plastic grocery bags with DS's stuff!

Back to Becky - that is so cool!!! My FIL does lots of stuff for us as well... if he happens to take my van for something, it usually comes back with a full tank of gas, air in the tires and periodically washed. DH's favorite is when FIL decides to purchase a new tool or the like and then declares that MIL won't let him keep it at their house. Then he'll ask DH if the item can "live" at our house... in exachange for the storage, DH gets to use it whenever needed. Ironically, it is usually something that DH wants or could really use, but we don't have the money to buy. Funny how that seems to happen!

And I'm with Rae, I can't wait for my kids to grow up and be on their own so I can be this type of parent/MIL!
Crap, you mean I have to have kids to complain that my car is a mess! I had a host's father help me out to my car the other night when he commented on the stuff I keep in my car! The worst part is if I don't want to forget something, it always goes in my car, no matter if I need it the next day or the next month. That way I don't forget it!

Teresa Lynn said:

LOL - I had all of that stuff in my car too, along with mailing envelopes, an assortment of small toys, and toy parts, a winter hat, 2 old host packets, and various other little treasures. I cleaned part of it out before he took the car - plus emptied my PC kit out of the back end.:D

AND - my show Tuesday night was down a gravel road, and a very long dirt driveway w/ large mud-filled potholes....my VUE was DIRTY!

Enough about the car!! How was THE DATE??!! LOL!:)

I'm sure you had a wonderful night!

That's great Becky! :) I'm lucky to have wonderful in-laws too! My MIL, who is 74, watches my 4YO DD 4 days a week. I felt guilty at first, but I don't think she would forgive me if I didn't take her there. Both my FIL and MIL love having her around. She keeps them young! :) And, they would do anything for us. They treat me like their own daughter. I love 'em to death! :)

So, how was the date?

My FIL asked to borrow my car a few years back. Of course I didn't think anything of it, so he came to my work took my car and brought it back a few hours later. Well I thought he had to haul somethings that wouldn't fit in his car. Nope, he took my car and had a remote starter installed :). I was totally floored! I didn't even know it until he handed me back the keys and I had all of these extra remotes hanging off of it. I think of him everyday that I start my car!

I miss my Dad... :(

janetupnorth said:
I miss my Dad... :(

:( I guess you were close, hey? Haven't heard from my dad in about 15 years....guess it's his loss he cut off all communication!

PChefPEI said:
:( I guess you were close, hey? Haven't heard from my dad in about 15 years....guess it's his loss he cut off all communication!

Not real close emotionally, but he always did those things for us. He died January, 2006 after a VERY SHORT battle with amyloidosis.

Becky, be glad you don't live by me. The roads are nasty because we have so much snow. It was like a blizzard last night as soon as I got about 5 miles from home. I don't even bother to get my car washed.

I miss my dad too. Glad you had a great time. You are so fortunate to have great in laws. My MIL is . . . well I better not say, she does have some good points, I got a great husband because of her!

I hope to be one of those great in laws some day.

AnnieBee said:
Enough about the car!! How was THE DATE??!! LOL!:)

I'm sure you had a wonderful night!

The Date was FANTASTIC!

Dinner was great - we both said we'd go back to the Texas Roadhouse again. I'd go back for just the rolls! :chef: I loved that they made all of their baked goods and dressings and sauces from scratch...and especially loved that they sat us at a table for 2!

The Rockettes were FANTABULOUS! DH even enjoyed it! It went so quickly, we couldn't believe when it was over. We were having so much fun just talking about how they did everything. Incredible staging and special effects. DH wanted to go backstage and see how they were doing it all. :D

We had such a great time together. We don't get to "date" very often - not as often as I would like - but we really enjoyed our time together.

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy yourselves.

Yeah! So glad you have fun.When I used to fly to Louisville for work every week, I'd go to Texas Roadhouse TWICE every week. The first time for a nice meal, the second night I'd get something lighter but went for the rolls!!!!Good thing we have very few restaurants here, I'd be too tempted to live beyond my means!

So happy you and DH had such a great date night Becky! You deserve it!

Ditto Harriet! We also don't get out too often...

PS We're still planning on going to MI next week, on Tuesday weather permitting. We'll have to talk (PM!) about getting together, if you can squeeze it in!

AnnieBee said:
Ditto Harriet! We also don't get out too often...

PS We're still planning on going to MI next week, on Tuesday weather permitting. We'll have to talk (PM!) about getting together, if you can squeeze it in!

YES! How long will you be in town - and what is your schedule like?

We'll be in Middleville Tuesday thru Sunday. Our only definate stuff is Thursday :))). Saturday afternoon DH's mom's side of the family has a re-union, but we've been talking about not going this year ( we don't know any of them well, and end up pretty much talking with his sibs...).

I'll have to talk to DH, but if Wednesday is not crazy for you, it might be a good day. I know he would be up for a trip to the big mall (Rivertown Crossing), and there is a pretty nice play area for the kids there too, but of course Friday onwards it will be horrendously busy.

Do you have a preferred day (or location)? I think we can be pretty flexible.

1. Why did your FIL want to pick up your car?

My FIL wanted to pick up my car to get new tires put on it. It needed new tires, but my husband has been too busy to deal with it.

2. Did you agree to let your FIL take your car?

Yes, I agreed to let my FIL take my car since I wasn't planning on going anywhere that day.

3. Did your FIL only get new tires for your car?

No, my FIL went above and beyond and not only got new tires for my car, but also washed, waxed, and detailed it inside and out.

4. Why did your FIL do all of this for your car?

My FIL did all of this as a generous gesture to show his love and appreciation for me and my in-laws.

5. How do you feel about your FIL's actions?

I feel very grateful and blessed to have such loving and generous in-laws. It's a reminder of the amazing family I married into.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • minirottie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • crystalscookingnow