• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Graduation Cake From Prep Bowls

In summary, a graduation cake from prep bowls is a convenient and creative option for celebrating a graduation. The prep bowls set includes six durable stoneware bowls of varying sizes, and they can be used to make a variety of cakes. To make a graduation cake, simply prepare cake batter, bake it in the bowls, and stack and decorate the layers. Some tips for decorating include using a sturdy frosting, adding edible decorations, and using a cake leveler for even layers.
pcheftammy
This came across my email and I just can't find the directions for it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Sorry, but no.
If it were me, I would just use the cake with a piece of iced cardboard sitting on the top for the cap. I'm not sure what I would use to the tassle. Give me a minute!

You could use a graham cracker square for the top of the mortarboard, and pull and peel type licorice to make a tassle.

Hubby has made a suggestion. He is an architect and is good at visual things like this.
He says that he would cut the top of the cake at an angle so that the iced cardbaord is slanted down touching the cake plate then you could just use icing to make the tassle as the fringed part is lying flat. It would look like the cap is on it's side. Then he says that he would use a refridgerated pie cust rolled and baked for the diploma. The icing could be used for the ribbon as well.
I hope that is clear. It really isn't that complicated but I'm not sure that I did a good job getting it across!

Oh wait! You said prep bowl! I was thinking batter bowl!
The graham cracker is a good idea! You could also use the Keebler cookies that are fudge dipped graham cracker and save yourself a step!

Last edited by a moderator:
These sound like great ideas! I wish I knew someone graduating!

Hi there! I'm a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and I would be happy to help you with the graduation cake from prep bowls recipe. It's a great recipe that is perfect for celebrating a special milestone like graduation. I'm not sure which email you received, but I can share the recipe with you here. Ingredients:
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container of your favorite frosting
- Food coloring (optional)
- Pampered Chef Prep Bowls (set of 8)Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the cake mix box.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
3. Divide the cake batter evenly among the Pampered Chef Prep Bowls, filling each one about 2/3 full.
4. Place the Prep Bowls on a baking sheet and bake in the oven according to the cake mix box instructions. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of a cake. If it comes out clean, the cakes are ready.
5. Let the cakes cool completely before removing them from the Prep Bowls.
6. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring to your frosting to create your desired color.
7. Frost each cake with the colored frosting, layering them to create a tiered cake.
8. Decorate with additional frosting, sprinkles, or other decorations as desired.
9. Serve and enjoy your delicious and unique graduation cake!I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if you need any further assistance. Happy baking!

What is a graduation cake from prep bowls?

A graduation cake from prep bowls is a unique and convenient way to make a cake for a graduation celebration. It involves using a set of Pampered Chef prep bowls to create individual cake layers that can be stacked and decorated to look like a traditional cake.

What comes in the prep bowls set?

The prep bowls set includes six bowls of various sizes, ranging from 4" to 8" in diameter. They are made of durable stoneware and are dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe.

How do I make a graduation cake using the prep bowls?

To make a graduation cake using the prep bowls, first prepare your favorite cake batter. Then, grease and flour the inside of each bowl before pouring in the batter. Bake the bowls according to your cake recipe's instructions and let them cool. Once cooled, stack the bowls in order of size, with the largest on the bottom and the smallest on top. Decorate as desired.

Can I use the prep bowls to make other types of cakes?

Yes, the prep bowls can be used to make a variety of cakes, not just graduation cakes. You can use them to make a layered birthday cake, a colorful rainbow cake, or even a mini wedding cake.

Do you have any tips for decorating a graduation cake made from prep bowls?

Sure! One tip is to use a buttercream frosting that is stiff enough to hold the weight of the stacked bowls. You can also add edible decorations, such as fondant graduation caps or diploma scrolls, to add a festive touch. And don't forget to use a cake leveler to make sure each layer is even before stacking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies