• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prep Bowl Idea - Molton Chocolate Cakes

In summary, the conversation discusses using Prep Bowls to make Molten Chocolate Lava cakes and other desserts. The recipe involves using a plain Devil's Food cake mix and Betty Crocker rich & creamy Chocolate frosting. The cakes can be made in the microwave and are a hit with families and at parties.
mspibb
Gold Member
Found this through the Kraft food emails I get. Thought it would be a great thing to have to help sell Prep Bowls!

Attachments

• Molton Chocolate cakes.doc
    54 KB · Views: 692
Now it's going to be bug me, but I know we had a recipe for Molten Choc. Lava cakes in the 1-cup prep bowls! We've made it! It was the recipe that got my MIL to buy a set of the bowls. :) Now I'll have to find it! It MIGHT have been the "Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes" recipe from the F/W '07 and '08 Season's Best....only instead of using the Floral Cupcake pan, we used the 1-cup bowls (idea from others on here most likely).But yes, they work great. My MIL also found that when you are making muffins, and if you have a little batter left over- not enough for a full pan of the regular muffins, she uses the 1-cup bowls. I have too- put a liner in the bowl, add the batter. There you go. :) You can make a few as needed.

I've done the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes before ... but started doing a quicker recipe that tastes better. I use a plain Devil's Food cake mix, it does 2 sets of 6 1 cup prep bowls perfectly. I put them on the dessert plates (inverted). Then I use Betty Crocker rich & creamy Chocolate frosting, remove ALL the foil & microwave uncovered for a few seconds, stir, heat, stir, etc until it can be easily poured. I put about 2 tbsp of melted frosting on each cake & serve hot. Everyone says it tastes just like the ones at Chili's.

I did several dozen for a bake sale last year ~ here's a photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/180844_191215727565673_190756324278280_585860_3235837_n.jpg

Sheila said:
I've done the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes before ... but started doing a quicker recipe that tastes better. I use a plain Devil's Food cake mix, it does 2 sets of 6 1 cup prep bowls perfectly. I put them on the dessert plates (inverted). Then I use Betty Crocker rich & creamy Chocolate frosting, remove ALL the foil & microwave uncovered for a few seconds, stir, heat, stir, etc until it can be easily poured. I put about 2 tbsp of melted frosting on each cake & serve hot. Everyone says it tastes just like the ones at Chili's.

Do you make them in the oven or the microwave?

Thank you for this recipe..and Sheila for yours. My cousin and his wife are buying a house next week so I was planning on giving them a PC goodie bag..to include the Prep Bowls. So I will include these recipes.

I do them in the microwave, 6 at a time.

the recipe in word works GREAT I just made them. For the dishes I did SIX prep bowls brushed with melted butter, and sprinkled with some plain white sugar. Did One plarge scoop in each one then divided the remaining in them. I put them in my microwave on the turn table for 4 minutes and let sit for five to cool in the bowls then turned them out. OH TASTY. :D Thanks

ritabenson said:
the recipe in word works GREAT I just made them. For the dishes I did SIX prep bowls brushed with melted butter, and sprinkled with some plain white sugar. Did One plarge scoop in each one then divided the remaining in them. I put them in my microwave on the turn table for 4 minutes and let sit for five to cool in the bowls then turned them out. OH TASTY. :D Thanks

Great to know you can do in Microwave and that they tasted good. I didn't have time to try the recipe out last night!

My family LOVES the chocolate cakes in the prep bowls! They are delicious and easy to make. I did them once at a show - placed one on a plate and set on the table all pretty and the rest were cut in half so everyone got some. They were a huge hit at my show.

What are the ingredients needed for Molten Chocolate Cakes?

The ingredients needed for Molten Chocolate Cakes include butter, semisweet chocolate chips, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, and salt.

How do I prepare the prep bowls for Molten Chocolate Cakes?

To prepare the prep bowls for Molten Chocolate Cakes, you will need to grease the bowls with butter and dust them with cocoa powder. This will prevent the cakes from sticking to the bowls.

Can I make Molten Chocolate Cakes in advance?

No, it is not recommended to make Molten Chocolate Cakes in advance. The cakes are best served fresh out of the oven, so it is best to prepare and bake them right before serving.

How do I know when the Molten Chocolate Cakes are done baking?

The Molten Chocolate Cakes are done baking when the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. The cakes will continue to cook and set as they cool, so be careful not to overbake them.

Can I use a different type of chocolate for Molten Chocolate Cakes?

Yes, you can use a different type of chocolate for Molten Chocolate Cakes. However, it is important to use high-quality chocolate for the best results. You can also experiment with different types of chocolate, such as dark or milk chocolate, for a different flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies