• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going to Do Children's Cooking Classes

In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of hosting children's cooking classes to boost sales and introduce new products. The cost breakdown and potential issues with the school board were also discussed. Another idea involving apple pies was also mentioned.
its_me_susan
I decided in an effort to create regular "bookings" and guarentee my December sales for free spring products to do Children's cooking classes ~ charging for tools, etc. $47 of the $50 charged would be in PC tools (added to my total). Want to see?

The first page is printed on cookie stationery, the second is attached on plain paper.

Last edited:
Wow!This is such a great idea! I am totally stealing this!;)

Seriously, what a wonderful way to get a some orders in, introduce some great products, and have fun. Way to go, Susan!

I can't wait to try this out... I recently left my job as a Program Coordinator for a preschool so I could stay home with my kids, this would definitely give me my "fun with kids" fix. :)

Thanks so much for sharing!

ConfusedI also think this is a great idea. I might be reading this wrong but wanted to be sure to tell you in case you need to make changes.

My costs: $40.50 (inc. shipping) + tax/$2.43 + 3.50/ship + $5 ingredient cost = $51.43

I copied that out of your file. Does the $40.60 (inc. shipping) mean that that cost includes the shipping cost? If so, you may not want to charge shipping again. Maybe that is not what it means at all, but that I how I am interpreting it. Thought you might want to know before you sent them out in case it is a mistake.

I did the math and it does look like it was added twice...

That is a great idea! I just got another idea and invite emailed to me by my cluster (at least I think that's where it came from and not here) going along the same lines, but with Apple Pies. Yummy! I would LOVE to promote this, but I'm afraid I'm running out of time. Anyway, I thought I'd share this with all of you. :)

Questions for BeckyI think both Susan and Becky have wonderful ideas! I'll probably give them a try soon.

Becky, what recipe would you use for the pie? And which cookbooks would you give away for free?

Thanks!

Pampered Zoe said:
This is such a great idea! I am totally stealing this!;)

Seriously, what a wonderful way to get a some orders in, introduce some great products, and have fun. Way to go, Susan!

I can't wait to try this out... I recently left my job as a Program Coordinator for a preschool so I could stay home with my kids, this would definitely give me my "fun with kids" fix. :)

Thanks so much for sharing!

You are WELCOME! Of course I don't mind if you take it and run with it. Maybe you can help come up with future flyers ~ we can work together.

Now the one thing raining on my parade here ~ the school said I needed to run this through the Board of Ed and they didn't seem too keen on it. I already printed out 50, and have the 11/26 deadline... Guess I could just preorder some, and change the dates by hand. But if I can't distribute through school I will need to mail... adding to my cost. but... I just want those spring/summer products!

plichte said:
I also think this is a great idea. I might be reading this wrong but wanted to be sure to tell you in case you need to make changes.

My costs: $40.50 (inc. shipping) + tax/$2.43 + 3.50/ship + $5 ingredient cost = $51.43

I copied that out of your file. Does the $40.60 (inc. shipping) mean that that cost includes the shipping cost? If so, you may not want to charge shipping again. Maybe that is not what it means at all, but that I how I am interpreting it. Thought you might want to know before you sent them out in case it is a mistake.

oops, actually now I'm not sure ~ but you are right, hmmm should go back to the $45 I was originally going to charge. Think anyone will notice? See what happens when you do too much when you are already running ragged?

Thanks for the heads up ~ will have to cross out that part too.

Pampered Zoe said:
I did the math and it does look like it was added twice...

Thanks! I wanted to charge $45, then forgot I added the shipping and just don't want these classes to cost me extra.

pamperedbecky said:
That is a great idea! I just got another idea and invite emailed to me by my cluster (at least I think that's where it came from and not here) going along the same lines, but with Apple Pies. Yummy! I would LOVE to promote this, but I'm afraid I'm running out of time. Anyway, I thought I'd share this with all of you. :)

Love it! Thanks for sharing. I would LOVE to see more of these types of flyers/ideas for classes!

ChefMommy said:
I think both Susan and Becky have wonderful ideas! I'll probably give them a try soon.

Becky, what recipe would you use for the pie? And which cookbooks would you give away for free?

Thanks!
I've actually never done this....I got the idea from someone in the cluster. So, I don't know what would work the best. The free cookbook I'd assume is a Season's Best. I don't think I'd be giving away $14.75 cookbooks! :)

Just found this site, and if I am not careful, I will be up all night reading posts!! Very new to PC, although I signed up a year ago, I was busy running my own 2 brick and mortar business's that PC fell by the wayside. Anyway those 2 shops are being closed down and I am going to spend some serious time with PC and am loving all these ideas. Since I do catering already, hosting a cooking class for the Apple Pie sounds perfect, just curious, (and maybe it was stated and I am just getting tired) where would these classes be held?

Again, love, love, love this site!!!
Judy :)

1. What age range are the children's cooking classes for?

The children's cooking classes offered by Pampered Chef are suitable for children ages 5-12.

2. Do I need to have any previous cooking experience to attend the children's cooking classes?

No prior cooking experience is necessary for children to attend our cooking classes. Our trained instructors will guide them through the recipes and techniques.

3. What types of recipes will the children be making in the cooking classes?

We offer a variety of recipes in our children's cooking classes, including simple snacks, desserts, and main dishes. Our goal is to introduce children to a variety of ingredients and cooking techniques.

4. Are the children's cooking classes hands-on or demonstration-based?

Our children's cooking classes are hands-on, allowing children to actively participate in preparing the recipes. This helps them learn and develop important kitchen skills.

5. Do I need to bring any ingredients or equipment to the children's cooking class?

All necessary ingredients and equipment will be provided by Pampered Chef for the children's cooking classes. However, if your child has any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please inform us beforehand so we can make accommodations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Flamingo
  • KellyTheChef