• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Glass Vs. Plastc-- Freezability

In summary, using glass containers for freezing food has several benefits, including being non-porous and safe for extreme temperatures. While plastic containers can also be used, they may not be suitable for long-term storage and can absorb odors and flavors. Glass containers are also safe for defrosting and reheating frozen food.
ChefMary412
to make the ganache that goes with the choc. truffles... can I free it in the 2-cup measuring cup instead. I only have 1 batter bowl. I have had trouble getting the right consistency.. and just want to make sure!
Thanks.

That should work fine for you!

Yes, you can definitely use a 2-cup measuring cup to make the ganache for your chocolate truffles. It may be a bit more challenging since it is a smaller container, but it should still work. Just be sure to heat the cream and chocolate slowly and stir constantly to avoid burning the chocolate. Also, make sure to let the ganache cool and set before using it for your truffles. Good luck!

Related to Glass Vs. Plastc-- Freezability

What are the benefits of using glass for freezing food?

Glass is a non-porous material, meaning it does not absorb odors or stains from food. This makes it a great option for storing and freezing foods with strong flavors. Glass is also safe to use in the freezer and can withstand extreme temperatures without cracking or breaking.

Can I freeze food in plastic containers?

Yes, as long as the plastic container is labeled as "freezer safe" or "safe for freezing." It is important to note that not all plastic containers are suitable for freezing, so be sure to check the label before using. Freezing in plastic can also cause the container to become brittle and break over time, so it may not be the best long-term storage option.

What are the disadvantages of using plastic for freezing food?

Plastic is a porous material, meaning it can absorb odors and flavors from food. This can affect the taste of your food and may also result in stains on the container. Additionally, some plastic containers may not be safe for freezing and can crack or break under the extreme temperatures of the freezer.

Can I use glass containers in the microwave to defrost frozen food?

Yes, glass containers are safe to use in the microwave for defrosting frozen food. Just be sure to remove the lid before heating and use caution when handling, as the glass may become hot.

Is it safe to transfer frozen food from plastic to glass for reheating?

It is generally safe to transfer frozen food from plastic to glass for reheating, as long as both containers are labeled as safe for the freezer. However, be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions and recommendations for any specific precautions or guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • LeanneB.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • kam