• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Ideas for Son's Teachers: Unique & Inexpensive Options!

I'm leaning towards the Trivets. Easy to wrap and not to heavy for DS to take to school. I wanted something cute and unique, but I do love the trivets. I like the Dots Cup idea too (afraid DS might drop one though), so I guess I'll just have to think a little more.....Those are great ideas!
Tara1021 said:
As a teacher, i think a TTA with a couple of essential tools (with those cute sayings, of course) would make a GREAT GIFT! Maybe a scoop for cookies, a citrus peeler for her lunch, small spatula. Or...this just came to me!!! Get a lunch bag personalized and put in an apple slicer, citrus peeler, and paring knife. These are GREAT lunchbox tools!!! :0)

If you do that I think you should add the bar board too

Just a word of warning--some workplaces will not let you bring a paring knife. This definitely includes some schools. The zero-tolerance policies get pretty strict in some areas. You'd be fine with the Apple Wedger, though.

purrbal said:
If you do that I think you should add the bar board too

I bought 4 sets of the cranberry bar board and paring knife on the outlet at $5 each to give out to the art teacher, gym teacher, music teacher & librarian - the people I always seem to forget! :)

MORFIA said:
Slice $ Serve ---thanks For Serving My ______
Batter Bowl Brownie Mix----you Really Measure Up
Dipper Thanks For Teaching Me The Scoop

Stainless whisk with a kiss inside and a ribbon on the handle "Thanks for whipping me into shape"

pamperedlinda said:
Oh geeze....now I need to find out how many teachers DS has! I was only thinking about the Teacher, the Para-Pro and the Bus Driver.....Lets see, there's a PE teacher, Music Teacher....what else? DS is only in Kindergarten!

I like the TTA or the RUFTH for my kids main teachers. Then I was thinking of the sprinkles for the supporting teachers and bus driver (didn't think of him so thanks for that reminder) I know I would go broke if I gave each teacher a larger item. We also have a counsler, don't forget the principle, computer teacher, language, the list can get pretty big :) They are all worth it though!

tpchefrebecca said:
bus driver (didn't think of him so thanks for that reminder)

My daughter has 2 bus drivers!!!! :cry:

When I was a kid we never gave our teacher gifts {man maybe that is why I was never a teacher fav well I had a few that loved me so it must be my winning personality} and when you add up all the people you are talking about OMGoodness you can go broke unless you do more homemade gifts.

Why not do the wreaths or bark and do something nice for the main teacher. I asked my girlfriend if she gets stuff for her kids teachers and she said nope but she might for her daughters this year because her ds had the same teacher last year and she likes her but she doesn't care for her ds's teacher this year.

Last edited:
Going broke - hence why I'm going to make another batch of jam!

Or Becky's roll idea!

janetupnorth said:
Or Becky's roll idea!

I bet your jam + my rolls = the perfect combination!

And if you want to add something PC - how about the all-purpose spreader?

I was thinking that or I did get a few bar boards from the outlet I haven't used yet...

I do like the small spreader idea too the more I think about it!!! The bar boards I have are cranberry and not everyone has cranberry.

KellyRedHead said:
These are great ideas!

But what do you give your childs teacher when she is a PC consultant. She signed up over the summer with someone else, she didn't know I was one.

Kelly V.

That's the problem I'm having b/c my dd's teacher has a sister who's a consultant. I ordered her something from Princess House instead. A cute reindeer thing with a bowl that sits in it for candy or nuts or something....

I know its not PC, but my dd's teacher's have also appreciated gift cards to office stores in the past as they spend a lot of their own money on supplies....

Christ Follower said:
That's the problem I'm having b/c my dd's teacher has a sister who's a consultant. I ordered her something from Princess House instead. A cute reindeer thing with a bowl that sits in it for candy or nuts or something....

This is where I would give a gift certificate :angel:

Someone posted earlier about not giving gifts to teachers when they were young - I/my parents never gave gifts either. I don't remember seeing anyone giving the teachers gifts. I gave some $$ last year to my dd k-3 teacher because they asked for it for a new carpet, in leu of gifts. If they hadn't sent that letter, I wouldn't have even known that it was expected that I give a gift. Realistically, how many school related people are all of you giving gifts to?

Niki,

I only do the kid's main teacher (elementary school kids) - otherwise you could be giving out 10 gifts per kid (with all the different teachers in school) -once they hit middle school I don't do anything. I do send the teachers a handwritten note as well at the end of the year thanking them for the year with my child - I feel this is often more important to a teacher than an actual gift. Just my opinion!

fikibiff said:
Someone posted earlier about not giving gifts to teachers when they were young - I/my parents never gave gifts either. I don't remember seeing anyone giving the teachers gifts. I gave some $$ last year to my dd k-3 teacher because they asked for it for a new carpet, in leu of gifts. If they hadn't sent that letter, I wouldn't have even known that it was expected that I give a gift. Realistically, how many school related people are all of you giving gifts to?

I know! I have given homemade angel ornaments to my kids' teachers the past couple of years but I didn't realize people did so much! I can hardly afford to buy gifts for my own family so I can't spend too much on teachers. (not that I don't appreciate them!) Especially because both of my school-age kids ended up in classes with two teachers this year. (Each grade at their school has at least one double class) That's four! Plus sunday school teachers (2 each there too!)...

I can't even remember the last time my hubby and I were able to give each other gifts, so...it's tough!

Some of you guys really go all out!

pamperedlinda said:
I haven't tried the Chili one, the recipe sounds good though.

The cookies are really good when you make them fresh.

I'm leaning toward the Trivets. Easy to wrap and not to heavy for DS to take to school. I wanted something cute and unique, but I do love the trivets. I like the Dots Cup idea too (afraid DS might drop one though), so I guess I'll just have to think a little more.....

My teachers really loved the small cutting board & apple wedgers I gave them last year (for healthy snack at desk). :)

KellyRedHead said:
These are great ideas!

But what do you give your childs teacher when she is a PC consultant. She signed up over the summer with someone else, she didn't know I was one.

Kelly V.

How about a box of brownie mix (you can even put ingredients in baggie and trype out the Symphony Brownie recipe) with 2 symphony bars. wrap up in cello. She can use square stone baker. :) Mmmm

Our school district discourages gift giving from kids to teachers/staff. With that said, last year I noted about half a dozen gifts on the teacher's desk last year. I think it's to discourage buying favoritism or some such. I've never bought a gift for a teacher though because of the mention in the school hand book. We never did as kids either.

I'm hosting a show and using the free product value to get the teachers gifts! LOL! I'm thinking a apple wedger and SB with an apple and cinnamon sprinkles.

Being a teacher's kid I can tell you that teachers do not expect to receive a gift from anyone...nor do they feel sad, left out, etc. when they do not receive a gift. Not every child can afford to give a gift and teachers understand this.

However, I always get gifts for my youngest son's teacher, principal, and the school secretary...last year he also wanted to give his coach a gift. My older two are in high school, so I don't give gifts to teachers...I would have 14 teacher gifts to buy between the 2 of them. I do give a gift to the secretary because she is so helpful to me. The past 2 years my oldest has given a gift to his principal because she was very helpful to him when he transferred to the school. She passed away this summer...cancer She was a very special lady.

So, do not feel abligated to give your child's teacher a gift. It is a nice thought, especially if the teacher has been very helpful. Everyone likes to feel appreciated.

Last year I gave the ladies a whisk filled with candy kisses...Wishing you a Merry Kissmas...and cookies for the men. The year before that I gave candles...no men that year. Generally teachers get more candy and cookies than they can eat before they get stale.

heat123 said:
Oh man, Now I am torn! I was going to do the batter bowl gifts with cookie mixes (to match the mini prep bowl gifts for the aides) but now I think the trivets would be cute!?

Does anyone have a cute poem or tag for the trivets?

How about filling a prep bowl with candy, cello it with pretty bow, maybe small wooden spoon, put the uses (including speedy before-school omelet) in gift tag. Would be cute and useful too. They will LOVE and want 6 more!

tpchefrebecca said:
I like the TTA or the RUFTH for my kids main teachers. Then I was thinking of the sprinkles for the supporting teachers and bus driver (didn't think of him so thanks for that reminder) I know I would go broke if I gave each teacher a larger item. We also have a counsler, don't forget the principle, computer teacher, language, the list can get pretty big :) They are all worth it though!

Don't forget the mail deliverer (I gave her a $20 PC cg last year - she was sooo happy & never complains about my mail load), hair dresser(s), babysitter & house cleaner (if you have one)....

This year I am going to make alot of "mixes" for teachers to just add eggs/milk/oil to - like our pumpkin bread. Teachers appreciate the saved time and being able to make something homemade. If you go here, on page 37 of the main catalog in the red with the snowmen:

http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/stampinup/index.aspx?pagename=shopmain&fsid=c0aa9b20-f03c-43eb-9e32-397675346d68&storeid=1038724&circularid=10999

Looks easy enough.

Or - I might get these cute gingerbread kit sets. The lady usually sells them at boutiques for $30, but some boxes are a little damaged (you would never see it - they are just not "perfect"), she will sell for $15. Includes cookir cutters and booklet ~ looks so cute packaged. She has last year's perfect sets too at $15.

Welcome to SweetDomestics.com

Please tell her Susan Gentile sent you. She is so nice. I get nothing for the referrals ~ just will make her smile. I love them!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I bet your jam + my rolls = the perfect combination!

And if you want to add something PC - how about the all-purpose spreader?

Will you share your famous roll recipes?

Gina M said:
Niki,

I only do the kid's main teacher (elementary school kids) - otherwise you could be giving out 10 gifts per kid (with all the different teachers in school) -once they hit middle school I don't do anything. I do send the teachers a handwritten note as well at the end of the year thanking them for the year with my child - I feel this is often more important to a teacher than an actual gift. Just my opinion!

At the end of the year I have my kids make a booklet... I type out things like "The thing I like best about Mrs. XXXX is: " or "The funniest thing that happened this year is when____", etc and let my kids write the end of the sentence and draw a picture. They end up to be about 6-7 pages long. I know they appreciate them, you are right.

Gina M said:
Niki,

At the end of the year I have my kids make a booklet... I type out things like "The thing I like best about Mrs. XXXX is: " or "The funniest thing that happened this year is when____", etc and let my kids write the end of the sentence and draw a picture. They end up to be about 6-7 pages long. I know they appreciate them, you are right.

Thanks for the info. I actually just went to my first PTO meeting tonight and they were talking about teachers gifts. They will be sending home a letter with the kids letting you know that if you want to give a gift, you can send money if you'd like. The teachers make out a wish list (of school related things, I think) and then the room mom will go shopping. I guess that's better than receiving 18 #1 teacher mugs.

Last year someone posted a recipe for a cappuccino that they put in the prep bowls, does someone have that and can post it. I have a craft/vendor fair this weekend, and sold lots of them last year. Just can't find the recipe now. I make the batter bowls and sale them for $18 at fairs. I have 6 made up for this weekend.

Thanks so much

Donna

you could give a box of the PC roll/pizza dough mix w/ the cinnamon or the sprinkles to make cinnamon rolls for xmas morning...

My director mentioned filling a whisk with hershey kisses or M&Ms and attaching a tag "Whisking you a Merry Christmas" or filling the measure all cup with M&Ms and attaching "No one measures up to you".

I thought those were cute.

I remember reading a thread about gifts for neighbors and it mentioned giving the Pantry Seasonings, with a tag reading something about "Tis the Season" but I can't remember the whole thing.

I was planning on giving the teachers cinnamon or caramel sprinkles, but we are so broke this year, we really can't afford anything. Would it be stupid or cheesy to give them a Season's Best cookbook? Or should I just stick to some candy or something cheap like that. My kids are each in a double class, with two teachers. I know it seems really cheap of me, but our situation is not good right now. The few dollars we will spend on Christmas this year, I would rather spend on my family. And trust me, that won't be much!

Or, since the rubs are cheaper, and it's my kit enhancement month, would it be weird to just get them one of those with a recipe attached? I was hoping that there would be a recipe for each rub in the SB but there were only 2. Then I could give them a rub and the SB. But it might be weird to give them a rub and the SB if there is no recipe for the rub in the SB. And in Kit Enhancement, I can only get one of each. Otherwise, I would get them all the same thing!

Rambling...

urbnk8 said:
I was planning on giving the teachers cinnamon or caramel sprinkles, but we are so broke this year, we really can't afford anything. Would it be stupid or cheesy to give them a Season's Best cookbook? Or should I just stick to some candy or something cheap like that. My kids are each in a double class, with two teachers. I know it seems really cheap of me, but our situation is not good right now. The few dollars we will spend on Christmas this year, I would rather spend on my family. And trust me, that won't be much!

Or, since the rubs are cheaper, and it's my kit enhancement month, would it be weird to just get them one of those with a recipe attached? I was hoping that there would be a recipe for each rub in the SB but there were only 2. Then I could give them a rub and the SB. But it might be weird to give them a rub and the SB if there is no recipe for the rub in the SB. And in Kit Enhancement, I can only get one of each. Otherwise, I would get them all the same thing!

Rambling...

The rubs are on Supply Order too, for the same price. The Jerk rub, and the Smoky BBQ rub you can get 4 at a time...
And I think it would be nice to give them the rub with a SB. You could even print out a few more ideas for using the rubs to go with it.

ChefBeckyD said:
The rubs are on Supply Order too, for the same price. The Jerk rub, and the Smoky BBQ rub you can get 4 at a time...
And I think it would be nice to give them the rub with a SB. You could even print out a few more ideas for using the rubs to go with it.

Well, I have $50 in PC bucks that I am using to buy some gifts for my sister and a friend. I don't want to have to pay the shipping on a separate order. But I also thought that you could only order one at a time on the supply order. I tried one time and it would only let me order one. Maybe I did something wrong. If I would have known that...I have been ordering them one at a time because I could have sworn...!

I'll have to look at my options.

urbnk8 said:
Well, I have $50 in PC bucks that I am using to buy some gifts for my sister and a friend. I don't want to have to pay the shipping on a separate order. But I also thought that you could only order one at a time on the supply order. I tried one time and it would only let me order one. Maybe I did something wrong. If I would have known that...I have been ordering them one at a time because I could have sworn...!

I'll have to look at my options.

Heather, midstream during this season, there was an email memo sent from HO stating that for certain spices that were being used in featured or Theme Show recipes, we could now order 4 with each supply order - those included the Jerk Rub, BBQ Rub, Caramel & Cinnamon Sprinkles, and I think one or 2 others...

ChefBeckyD said:
Heather, midstream during this season, there was an email memo sent from HO stating that for certain spices that were being used in featured or Theme Show recipes, we could now order 4 with each supply order - those included the Jerk Rub, BBQ Rub, Caramel & Cinnamon Sprinkles, and I think one or 2 others...

Thank you! I must have missed that! I have been ordering them one at a time because I thought you had to. I would love to get them all the Jamaican Jerk Rub to go with the SB, but is it worth paying an extra $4 in shipping? I am so indecisive!

<h2>1. "What are some unique and inexpensive gift ideas for my son's teachers?"</h2><p>There are many great options for gifts that your son's teachers will love without breaking the bank. Some ideas include:</p><ul> <li>A personalized mug or tumbler with their name or a special message</li> <li>A set of high-quality pens or pencils</li> <li>A small potted plant or succulent</li> <li>A homemade treat, such as cookies or granola</li> <li>A gift certificate for a local coffee shop or bookstore</li></ul><h2>2. "Do you have any suggestions for combining inexpensive items into a gift for teachers?"</h2><p>Absolutely! One idea is to create a "teacher survival kit" with items like hand sanitizer, tissues, lip balm, and chocolate. Another option is to put together a themed gift basket, such as a movie night basket with popcorn, candy, and a DVD.</p><h2>3. "Are there any cute tags or add-ins that I can include with the gifts?"</h2><p>Yes, you can add a personal touch to your gifts by including a handwritten note or attaching a cute tag with a thoughtful message. You could also add in a small card with a quote or a funny joke to make the gift even more special.</p><h2>4. "Is a Pampered Chef gift certificate a good idea as a gift for teachers?"</h2><p>Absolutely! A Pampered Chef gift certificate is a great option for teachers who love to cook or bake. They can use it to purchase high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets that will make their cooking and baking experiences more enjoyable.</p><h2>5. "Do you have any suggestions for gifts that teachers will actually appreciate?"</h2><p>Teachers often receive a lot of trinkets and knick-knacks as gifts, so it's always a good idea to think of practical gifts that they will actually use and appreciate. Some ideas include a gift card for a massage or spa day, a subscription to a magazine or book club, or a personalized tote bag or planner.</p>

1. "What are some unique and inexpensive gift ideas for my son's teachers?"

There are many great options for gifts that your son's teachers will love without breaking the bank. Some ideas include:

• A personalized mug or tumbler with their name or a special message
  • A set of high-quality pens or pencils
  • A small potted plant or succulent
  • A homemade treat, such as cookies or granola
  • A gift certificate for a local coffee shop or bookstore

2. "Do you have any suggestions for combining inexpensive items into a gift for teachers?"

Absolutely! One idea is to create a "teacher survival kit" with items like hand sanitizer, tissues, lip balm, and chocolate. Another option is to put together a themed gift basket, such as a movie night basket with popcorn, candy, and a DVD.

3. "Are there any cute tags or add-ins that I can include with the gifts?"

Yes, you can add a personal touch to your gifts by including a handwritten note or attaching a cute tag with a thoughtful message. You could also add in a small card with a quote or a funny joke to make the gift even more special.

4. "Is a Pampered Chef gift certificate a good idea as a gift for teachers?"

Absolutely! A Pampered Chef gift certificate is a great option for teachers who love to cook or bake. They can use it to purchase high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets that will make their cooking and baking experiences more enjoyable.

5. "Do you have any suggestions for gifts that teachers will actually appreciate?"

Teachers often receive a lot of trinkets and knick-knacks as gifts, so it's always a good idea to think of practical gifts that they will actually use and appreciate. Some ideas include a gift card for a massage or spa day, a subscription to a magazine or book club, or a personalized tote bag or planner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • pattybrady