• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting to Hotel - Taxi or Shuttle?

In summary, if you are going with a group of 3-4, it will be cheaper and quicker by cab. If alone or another, it may be cheaper with the shuttle.
Kelly3282
I'm attending conference for the first time. I'm arriving at O'Hare early on Thursday morning. I'm just wondering if it's easier and/or cheaper to go with the airport shuttle recommended by PC or just getting a taxi. Any ideas/suggestions? TIA!

If with a group of 3-4, it'll be cheaper and quicker by cab. If alone or another, it may be cheaper with the shuttle.

Personally I would take the train. I'm not going this year but that is what I did last time I went. I was alone and didn't have any trouble with it at all.

I'm doing the EL too. Arriving at O'Hare on Wed though ~ waiting 1.5 hours for one of the other ladies on the team & then we'll be hitting the EL together. :D

L-i-m-o-u-s-i-n-e!!

I am arriving at O'Hare early Thurs morning too, around 9:30. I still need to figure out how I am getting to the hotel too. Does the Hilton have a shuttle from the airport?

I'm supposed to come in at 8:35. Do you want to meet up and try to attack this together? I'm still debating between the train or just signing up for the shuttle.

DebinCincy said:
I am arriving at O'Hare early Thurs morning too, around 9:30. I still need to figure out how I am getting to the hotel too. Does the Hilton have a shuttle from the airport?

None of the hotels offer shuttle services, you have to go with the pay shuttle, taxi or train. I was so shocked about that the first year I went.

I would love to hook up so I didn't have to do it alone. I am supposed to get in at 9:36 from Cincinnati. I am flying Delta.

I pulled up the info for the "L" and for the shuttle today. The train takes just over an hour to get to the hotel. I am staying at the Hilton.

ChefCKHall said:
L-i-m-o-u-s-i-n-e!!

I'll never forget my limousine experience when I went to Conference in '09. So, I arrive at the airport and was traveling with my director's director (can't remember what that title is), but she was staying at a different hotel. So I was on my own with finding transportation to the hotel. Well, there was this friendly PC gal there who said she was with a group and thinks they had a few spots still available for their limo. I kept asking them if they were sure, was it really okay? I could just grab a shuttle. No, no, it's fine, I can go with them...Well, I ended up having to sit on the floor. The driver was mad at the leader girl who made the arrangements. There was one other girl sitting on the floor with me, too. I just didn't know what to do. I was all alone in this and didn't know where to go for a shuttle and at this point they kept saying I could still fit. It wasn't till we crowded in that I realized I was going to have to be on the floor. I felt so dumb...and miserably uncomfortable. One of the consultants sitting on a real seat just had foot surgery or something and my bag accidentally bumped her. I could tell she was really upset but trying not to be mean. I felt bad, but really I was trying to be as tiny as possible there on the floor. I kept thinking how I wish this gal hadn't encouraged me to come along. I was mortified. Then the thing that really made me mad was that they found me at the hotel later and asked me to pay more money because their director ended up getting charged more. They weren't positive, they needed to check with her and see. I told them to let me know. Luckily later when the girl saw me again she said it was fine. But really? Me pay more? I sat on the floor! As it was I did give the girl some extra money when we all got out because the driver was making a scene in front of the Hilton.

WORST experience E-VER!

Sorry...had to vent, guess it still was bothering me after all this time. :blushing:

I think I'm going to just take the shuttle - I'm staying at the Hyatt at Mc Cormick Place. It's 18 stops on the L and another 16 by bus to get there. I know the L is cheaper but I don't have the patience for that.

Related to Getting to Hotel - Taxi or Shuttle?

What are my options for transportation from the airport to the hotel?

As a Pampered Chef representative, we offer two options for transportation from the airport to the hotel: taking a taxi or using a shuttle service. Both options are convenient and will get you to your destination safely and efficiently.

How do I arrange for a taxi to pick me up from the airport?

If you choose to take a taxi, you can either hail one from the designated taxi stand outside the airport terminal or use a ride-hailing app like Uber or Lyft. You can also call a local taxi company and schedule a pick-up time in advance.

What is the cost of taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel?

The cost of a taxi ride will depend on the distance from the airport to the hotel and the current taxi rates. It is always a good idea to ask the driver for an estimated cost before getting in the taxi. You can also check the rates online or ask the hotel staff for an estimate.

How does the shuttle service work?

If you choose to use the shuttle service, you will need to make a reservation in advance. The shuttle will pick you up at the airport and drop you off at the hotel. Please keep in mind that shuttle services may have multiple stops, so it may take longer to reach your destination compared to a taxi ride.

Is the shuttle service complimentary?

The shuttle service may or may not be complimentary depending on the hotel. Some hotels offer free shuttle service for their guests, while others may charge a fee. It is best to check with the hotel beforehand to avoid any surprises.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pclinskie
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
sharalam