• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Ready for Tax Season: What to Gather for TaxAct Prep

In summary, when doing your taxes, gather your personal information, income documents, expense receipts, previous tax returns, bank and investment statements, mortgage and property tax statements, health insurance information, education expenses, retirement account contributions, business income and expenses, and information on potential deductions and credits. Consider using a tax preparation software or consulting with a professional for assistance.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
Can anyone help me know what all I should gather up to do my taxes? I am going to use taxact but just trying to make sure I take into consideration everything that I can use as a deduction. This is my first year with PC so I am a little confused what all I should do. Thanks!

There is an area on Consultant's Corner that helps you with tax information, and tells you samples of deductions you can take.
For instance:
• All of your mileage to and from shows, host coaching, cluster meetings, business trips to the store and post office.
• Part of your home office, if you qualify
• Internet and phone costs used exclusively for Pampered Chef
• Office furniture
• Food that you provided at shows (deducted at 100%, tally it as a show expense)
• Dining out expenses, if you ate out with a host or had meals out while doing a show or going to conference or whatever. (This you can deduct at 50%)
• Kit enhancements
• Samples
• Supplies for your business
• Web site (counted for advertising) .. and any other advertising
• Clothes and tote bags and items you use to carry around ... used as an advertsing expense. This includes PC jewelry.
• The property taxes/registration fees you paid on your car that you use for business.
• Booth and fair fees, parking fees, business-related toll fees
• Day care/babysitting expenses if you specifically had your children in day care while you were at a show.
• Medical and liability insurance premiums (if you have self-employed health insurance)

Here are some things you should gather up when doing your taxes:1. Personal information: This includes your Social Security number, date of birth, and any other personal information needed to file your taxes.2. Income documents: Gather all forms that show your income for the year, such as W-2s from your employer, 1099 forms for freelance work or investment income, and any other income-related documents.3. Expense receipts: Keep track of any receipts or documentation for expenses that may be deductible, such as business expenses, charitable donations, medical expenses, and education expenses.4. Previous tax returns: If this is not your first year filing taxes, it can be helpful to have your previous tax returns on hand to refer to.5. Bank and investment statements: Gather statements from your bank accounts and investment accounts, as you may need these to report interest or dividends earned.6. Mortgage and property tax statements: If you own a home, gather your mortgage interest statement and any property tax statements you received.7. Health insurance information: If you have health insurance through the marketplace, you will need your Form 1095-A. If you have insurance through your employer, you will receive a Form 1095-B or 1095-C.8. Education expenses: If you paid for tuition, fees, or other education-related expenses, gather your Form 1098-T from your educational institution.9. Retirement account contributions: If you contributed to a retirement account, such as an IRA or 401(k), gather your Form 5498.10. Business income and expenses: If you have a small business or are self-employed, gather all income and expense documents related to your business.11. Deduction and credit information: Keep track of any potential deductions or credits you may be eligible for, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit.It's always a good idea to consult with a tax professional or use a tax preparation software, like TaxAct, to ensure you are taking advantage of all deductions and credits available to you.

1. What documents do I need to gather for tax preparation?

To prepare for filing your taxes with TaxAct, you will need to gather documents such as your W-2 forms, 1099 forms, receipts for deductible expenses, and any other relevant tax documents. You may also need personal information such as your Social Security Number and bank account information for direct deposit of your refund.

2. How can I organize my tax documents for easy preparation?

It is helpful to create a folder or file specifically for your tax documents. You can also use labels or dividers to separate different types of documents. Additionally, consider using a tax preparation software like TaxAct which allows you to upload and store your documents electronically for easy access.

3. When is the deadline for filing taxes with TaxAct?

The deadline for filing taxes with TaxAct is typically April 15th. However, this date may vary depending on your state of residence. It is important to check with your state's tax agency for the specific deadline.

4. Can I file my taxes electronically with TaxAct?

Yes, TaxAct offers the option to file your taxes electronically. This is typically the fastest and most convenient way to file your taxes and receive your refund.

5. What if I have questions or need help while using TaxAct?

If you have any questions or need help while using TaxAct, you can access their customer support through their website or by phone. They also offer a variety of resources and FAQs on their website to assist with any issues or concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates