• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting New Leads: What's Worked for You?

I had six shows booked (one is my own open house) but three disclosed that they have a PC consultant elsewhere. They were just booking with me since we are friends. Ethically, I cannot do that so I thanked them profusely but insisted that I wanted to run my business under good karma and, should their consultant ever cease to serve them, I would love to but in the meantime I cannot. They all understood.So, I am asking you all what has worked in getting new leads. I've worked my list of 100 (which wasn't 100. i'm pretty much of a hermit because my job takes so much from me and am limited as most of the people I
Shonda1107
My SS month begins in January. I had six shows booked (one is my own open house) but three disclosed that they have a PC consultant elsewhere. They were just booking with me since we are friends. Ethically, I cannot do that so I thanked them profusely but insisted that I wanted to run my business under good karma and, should their consultant ever cease to serve them, I would love to but in the meantime I cannot. They all understood.

So, I am asking you all what has worked in getting new leads. I've worked my list of 100 (which wasn't 100. i'm pretty much of a hermit because my job takes so much from me and am limited as most of the people I know are clients through my job and a conflict of interest clause prevents me from approaching them). I need leads but really don't know where to start.

Has anyone tried "lead boxes" a local merchants? Has it worked? Thanks and Happy Holidays everyone! Be well and be safe!

If your friend or the friend/family member of a host books with you to help you or the host you have every right to hold that show. They told you that they have a consultant so you know that they won't be a source of future business but by all means let them help you. That is TOTALLY ethical!

Their consultant will understand (I would).

I always tell people that if they have a consultant already that's great but please consider me your consultant for today (at the show).

We have no territories and it's up to the guest who she spends her money with. That being said, I would never STEAL anyone from another consultant but if she chooses to give me some of her business I will not refuse it.

I agree with Beth! Don't necessarily write off those potential hosts! It also works both ways. I had some guests from a show a WAYYYY long time ago when I first started. I kept in touch with them and they seemed to love the products, so I kept the little bug in their ear about hosting. I had two people tell me that they had some friends who just started the business and they apologized, but said they'd want to help the friend get started in her business. I was bummed, but definitely not offended because I would hope someone would do the same for me. Let it be their choice. And if "their" regular consultants aren't asking them to host, but YOU are, then it's really YOU who should be rewarded with that booking. I hope that makes sense.:)

Good luck with the start of your business!!!:D

I wouldn't write off those hosts! Let them host a show for you! EVen if you aren't goign to be their regular PC consultant you may find your own leads from their shows!

I agree - friends like to help out their friends - I actually had a friend who lives in OH (I'm in Illinois) - she felt bad about being asked to a show at her neighbor's house - she didn't want to go and I told her to go and have fun but if she wanted to purchase the cookware set to contact me:). Her friend ended up signing up as a consultant - my friend did one of her first cooking shows to help her out and then told me she'll order from me in the future. I totally understood and was glad she could help her neighbor out. Most people wouldn't offer to host if they really didn't want to do it. And I agree if their current consultant is not asking them to host - they you have every right to do so.

Shonda,

Hold those shows! That is one of the things I like about Pampered Chef is that the customer has a right to do business with the consultant they want to work with. That means it is my job to provide the best customer service I can so that they want to continue doing business with me. I have lost some hostesses to other consultants (recruited two people who are friends from church and one also has kids at the same school). I feel that if someone has a closer relationship with them than me by all means they should honor that. I have a neighbor who is an excellent Mary Kay consultant but it irritated me that she would not take my order because I already had a consultant. Even though the consultant that I had was just by chance, doesn't do demos and really isn't keeping me informed about new products and the best way to care for my skin. So who loses out at something like that? The customer. You may find that there are people at those shows that will want to stick with their original consultant but there very well could be some who are looking for a new consultant or don't have one in the first place.

Thank them for helping get your business started and have fun at the shows!

As for new leads, any kind of fair or booth is an excellent opportunity to get out there and meet new people. I actually had my last hostess come from a fair and it turned into a $1300 show.

You could also try the posters you can purchase from Merrill and putting these around. Try going into businesses and asking if you can pamper them with treats and offer one of the purchasers will win the hostess benefits. Focus on realtors. There are several threads out there on that topic.

Good luck with your business!

Shonda,

I would definately try and hold those original shows if I were you. I'm sure their regular consultants would completely understand. The same thing happened to me. I was invited to a PC show at the end of last year by an old highschool friend who was hosting. The consultant was another friend from HS. After the show, I decided to become a consultant myself, and signed up with the consultant friend of ours from HS. She is now my director and we still "share" our other friends from school. There are several of us who keep in touch, and the other girls take turns using us for their shows. In fact, one of the girls hosted an $800+ show for me a few months ago!!! She then signed up as a consultant herself with our director. It's all good!

Friends help friends...Shonda,

My first recruit was a friend of mine. She asked my sister if she wuld host a show for her to get started....of course my sister asked me if it woudl be OK...OF COURSE...we all know that we need to rely on friends and family to get our business off the ground.

My recruit held her show with my sister and it gives me something to tease her about:D all in fun of course....

They knew they were helping oyu get started and their REGULAR consultatnt should also understand for that matter. You are NOT stealing any shows from her.....they are just wnating you to succeed in your new business...and I say if they choose to stay with you and YOUR business, the other consultant will understand...I know I would. I would feel totally weird if my frined were sell XYZ product and I didn't order from her...

That is one of the perks of PC - you can build your business and clientel and not worr about territories or bounderies THERE ARE NONE!

Just my thoughts...

I say HOLD the shows and give it your best shot...

Shonda1107 said:
My SS month begins in January. I had six shows booked (one is my own open house) but three disclosed that they have a PC consultant elsewhere. They were just booking with me since we are friends. Ethically, I cannot do that so I thanked them profusely but insisted that I wanted to run my business under good karma and, should their consultant ever cease to serve them, I would love to but in the meantime I cannot. They all understood.

So, I am asking you all what has worked in getting new leads. I've worked my list of 100 (which wasn't 100. i'm pretty much of a hermit because my job takes so much from me and am limited as most of the people I know are clients through my job and a conflict of interest clause prevents me from approaching them). I need leads but really don't know where to start.

Has anyone tried "lead boxes" a local merchants? Has it worked? Thanks and Happy Holidays everyone! Be well and be safe!

Yup I Agree with Beth. And the beauty of this non-competitive business is they were booking to help their FRIEND (your host), probably not you. Your host is going to get all the specials that her friends booked under. Just as WE can NOT tell our hosts WHO they can invite (you shouldn't tell your host not to invite certain friends just b/c they have had parties with others) - - they are free to invite whomever they want. It's their party.

I would call those potential hosts back, because it is not fair to your host that you talked those booking out of helping her to receive future host rewards.

Does this make sense? I didn't get it at first either. There are no territories. You wouldn't probably get next years party through this host's friends. But it's your job to get as many bookings as you can without being pushy. They wouldn't offer to book if they didn't want to help their friend.

its_me_susan said:
I would call those potential hosts back, because it is not fair to your host that you talked those booking out of helping her to receive future host rewards.

Thanks for the advice. Just to clarify, I haven't had my first show yet, these were just people who agreed to do a show for me for the first time so no hostesses are out of their rewards.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone! And a healthy, prosperous New Year!

I would let your friends decide. If they only host the one for you to help get you started, that's fine. But friends want to support friends, and ppl are understanding about it. My best bud in OH had a consultant but wants to support me with her purchases now so she told her consultant...and she got a really nice response.

I think that's what's great about this business. It's one thing to lose a customer for no reason. But to lose one to help her friend...it actually may be better for PC in the long run! You never know.

I don't think you are "stealing" anyone's job. For instance, I shop at numerous grocery stores. I am a "regular" at two different stores but often get something at a speciality store or it's on sale or it's more convenient. No one is "stealing" my business. I am choosing to serve my needs in various ways. I would make sure they understood to not be obligated to you but they are not obligated to the other consultant either.

The first week I started selling PC (probably before I got my kit), I was in the church nursery watching someone turn int her PC order to another mom. I told them I just started selling and the hostess said she would love to do a show with me. I was very reluctant because I didn't want to step on anyone's toes (and I was a bit paranoid I wouldn't do as good a job.) Finally, a full year later I did a show for her (at her request) and it was best ever! She had $500 worth of outside orders before the show. Many of the guests bought more because they knew me AND her. She is my best host yet and it took me a year to recognize that she wanted to have a host that she saw weekly. (Also, the other consultant moved out of state and stopped selling. And, I didn't do as good as job but who cares, it was a $1400 show!)

Okay, to answer your question.....I get a lot of leads from fairs. My director has arranged a few that I will "buy" a booth. It's fantastic to get outside the box of friends. I also wear PC clothing and include a PC signature when I respond to ads on freecycle. This has gotten me a few shows but mostly it reminds people that I am a consultant so they think of me when they need something. (I got several Christmas cards with notes of products that people need - parchment paper, corn cob nobs. They aren't big, but add up.)

Good luck...BEE

re: leads
Shonda1107 said:

Shonda:

I agree with most of what was replied to you, but I would've done exactly the same thing you did!!!

Good Luck.

Liz

Hi Shonda,
I had a very similar situation where a co-worker said she had a consultant but likes me and wanted to do a show with me. Her consultant had been sick but was just coming back from her illness. I declined doing the show because I know they've had this consultant for some time and this consultant is just coming back from a long term illness - I wouldn't feel ok with myself doing this sale because I feel it would be kicking someone when they're down. If their consultant has a relapse and isn't able to do PC for some time, I will then reconsider. You all can disagree with me, and that's fine. It is early in my PC career, so I may kick myself in the future, but acting in this way will enable me to look myself in the mirror each day.

Related to Getting New Leads: What's Worked for You?

1. How can I generate new leads for my Pampered Chef business?

There are several effective ways to generate new leads for your Pampered Chef business. One method is to utilize social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram to showcase your products and engage with potential customers. Hosting virtual cooking parties and collaborating with other consultants can also help expand your network and reach new leads.

2. Is attending local events and fairs a successful way to get new leads?

Yes, participating in local events and fairs can be a great way to get new leads for your Pampered Chef business. This allows you to interact with potential customers in person, offer product demonstrations, and distribute business cards or flyers to promote your business. It also helps to establish a presence in your community and build relationships with other vendors.

3. How important is it to have a website for my Pampered Chef business?

Having a website for your Pampered Chef business is essential in today's digital age. It serves as a central hub for potential customers to learn more about your products and services, as well as a way to contact you and place orders. Additionally, having a website can help improve your online visibility and credibility.

4. Can hosting cooking demonstrations or classes help me get new leads?

Absolutely! Hosting cooking demonstrations or classes is a fun and interactive way to showcase the versatility and quality of Pampered Chef products. It also allows you to connect with potential customers and build trust by sharing your knowledge and expertise in the kitchen. This can lead to new leads and potential future customers.

5. Are there any specific marketing strategies that have proven to be successful for getting new leads in the Pampered Chef business?

Some successful marketing strategies for getting new leads in the Pampered Chef business include offering promotions and discounts, collaborating with influencers or bloggers, and utilizing email marketing to reach out to potential customers. It's also important to consistently engage with your current customers and provide exceptional customer service to encourage them to refer their friends and family to your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
  • mindyanne44
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RosieTrips