• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Promotion: Strategies for Generating Bookings and Leads

In summary, Debbie is discouraged because she is not getting enough bookings from her shows. She has tried different methods to get more bookings, but has not had any success.
jaye
In trying to promote my business, I have completely run out of leads, ideas for bookings.
I have 4 shows on the books this month, one next month and one in November.
This isn't and cannot be a part-time for fun job, this is my full-time job and yes, it's for fun, but it's also my income.
If this doesn't pick up, I am going to have to quit and go back to work. I am trying to promote the Stoneware this month and have had so many people tell me, nope... not interested.
I have two people today, ask to be removed from my distribution list.
I tried the 24 in 24... I made over 60 calls... no joke... and NOTHING. One person gave me a referral and said, I won't have a show, but call my friend, if she has one, I will buy from it. I called the friend and she was not interested.
I have a great phone voice, I am not pushy, I know that I am great at what I do. I have that confidence.
However, I am not getting the business I need in order to stay in this business.
Thanks for letting me gripe.
Discouraged in FLA,
Jaye

Can you find a craft show or anything in your area to get more leads? What about the David's Bridal deal - is anyone in your cluster in on that? Sit down and re-do your list of 100 - there might be a few people you forgot the last time.

DON'T GIVE UP!

Book from your shows!!!Try to book from your shows! That is the number one place we should be trying to get our bookings from. Really talk to your guests and find out what it will take to book a show of their own.
I understand some women will not budge when it comes to having a show in their home, BUT
there are catalog shows, referrals they can give you, and maybe even a co-host show.

I had a show booked from someone who didn't want a show in her home because she was able to co-host with her neice and use her home.
After talking to another lady I found out her husband didn't want her delivering products all over town, so I offered to do that for her.
Another customer thought I only did weekend shows and wanted a weekday show.

So there are people who will do the shows if you find out what is holding them back and help them solve their problem.
We won't get all of our bookings from our shows but that is actually in my opinion the easiest place to get bookings. They know what they are in store for, you can easily explain benefits to everyone and even offer a personal incentive if you want to get some bookings on your calendar. I try to find out what everyone wants and then try to tell them they can earn it for FREE, 60% off, or half off.
I offer to help send out invites, and bring the ingredients to the show where she can easily reimburse me. I have games, prizes and try to keep my shows fun and informative. Don't quit, there are so many possibilities at your upcoming shows!!
Debbie

Thanks for the encouragement. I do try to book from my shows, but at my last two shows, I got nothing. And I did follow the rule of 3... mentioning it at least 3 times. Then when we were closing out orders, I ask them all individually. The only one who seemed to be interested was a woman who is still trying to get her kitchen back in order from the hurricanes and asked that I call her in November, after her kitchen is put back together, that way she can show it off. So, yeah, I do try to book at shows.

As far as David's Bridal, I don't know of anyone who is doing that, but in all honesty, I keep hearing how their is business to go around, but everyone I talk to already has a Pampered Chef person. It's annoying. That's like the lady today, I sent her a reminder of the special, and she said she has a rep already and would rather order from her. She wished me luck with my business tho. :)

I keep trying the fairs, expos, bazaars, etc. And every time I go to sign up, they say, "oh, we already have a Pampered Chef lady."

I am still going to keep plugging away... I am just getting really irritated. Because I know all the things to do, I do all the things and still I am barely scraping by...
Thanks again!

Have you talked to yoru director about any of this???? Refer back to your list of 100 hundred... call past hostess, or even past guest, I keep all of my DPDS and paper clip each show with the reciptes together and put it in a file for my books..... doesn't hurt to try though.

Hi Leah,

Yep, sure have! And everything you suggested; done, done and done! :) I promise! :)

And on top of it all, I had 4 more shows this month, I talked to tomorrow night's host today and she postponed. We are still trying to squeeze her in this month, but it's looking like that may be postponed to next month.... <sigh>

I have re-written my 100, talk up PC, my girlfriends were all over tonight, but they have already hosted shows and said that they would do another one, but they would only invite each other!

It's all good, something has to come of it... it has to. I am going to remain positive and keep working it. Try, try, try again!

Thanks again!
Jaye

What does your director say about it????The other thing that I did was googled other direct sales companies like tastefully simple, tupparware, home interiors, etc.. too see if any of those consulants would be willing to do a party exchange with me. It's worth a shot ya know. Keep your chin up it will all work out in the end!!! :)

Then don't quit! Fight for your business!

Jaye: I felt the same way you do now, back in August. Then I purchased the Belinda Ellsworth Step Up to Success CDs and it has changed EVERYTHING I do, and WHAT I say. I went from NO shows in Sept and Oct to: 1 Catty in Sept, 2 cooking in Oct + 2 Bridal Expos, 1 in Nov and 1 in Feb. While its not where I want it to be, I can see I'm moving in the right direction.

Since I was in the same position as you, I will tell you this: Your effort did not go to waste. All that you put in WILL come back. People who told me no to recruiting and booking are now calling me and reconsidering.

Yea Anne! I was wondering if you had gotten your Step Up CD's yet! Aren't they amazing? They have changed the way I do everything too! I had never thought that the way I word things might be totally turning people off......by using her methods, I have a full show schedule for Oct. & Nov, and 3 hosts from Sept. who are either signing or considering signing!
I'm on the "Belinda" Bandwagon, and would recommend these CD's for ANYONE serious about building their business!

I listened to those CDs in 2 days. I couldn't get enough. I did the power hour yesterday at work, starting right at 5pm and I was so pumped when I got home. By staying at work and making the calls, it was amazing! I have a 45 minute commute and I lose a lot of valuable phone time because of it. I think the people around me are sick of hearing about Belinda. My husband asked, "Is that a new friend of yours." When I told him about the cds he laughed and said "The way you talk about her, its like you were talking to her." I know in time, when he sees the results, he'll love her, too!

BTW, I know EXACTLY what you mean about what you were saying. Same with me. I'm sort of kicking myself over the missed opportunities. But glad I started it now. I think HO should update the training a little bit with some of her ideas, since it works so well for soooo many of us.

AJPratt said:
I listened to those CDs in 2 days. I couldn't get enough. I did the power hour yesterday at work, starting right at 5pm and I was so pumped when I got home. By staying at work and making the calls, it was amazing! I have a 45 minute commute and I lose a lot of valuable phone time because of it. I think the people around me are sick of hearing about Belinda. My husband asked, "Is that a new friend of yours." When I told him about the cds he laughed and said "The way you talk about her, its like you were talking to her." I know in time, when he sees the results, he'll love her, too!

BTW, I know EXACTLY what you mean about what you were saying. Same with me. I'm sort of kicking myself over the missed opportunities. But glad I started it now. I think HO should update the training a little bit with some of her ideas, since it works so well for soooo many of us.

Okay, Anne, you've convinced me that I need these tapes! I really enjoyed her at conference but couldn't afford the tapes at the time...I may have to fit it into my budget now! Thanks for sharing.

Lacy,

At conference they had a deal where if you bought more than one set, you could do a payment plan. I bought Step Up To Success, and Power Hour, and was charged in just three easy payments of $39 each. Call and check to see if that is still available (I'm not sure if it was just for Conf. or not) I can truly say that for the way she has motivated me and changed my business, and how I approach just about everything I do - it was a bargain!!!
Here is all of her info:

phone - 734.878.1075
fax - 734.878.1142
email - [email protected]
website - www.stepintosuccess.com

HTH!
Becky

AJPratt said:

I think so too! Alot of what I was saying and doing comes directly from our training - but she gives so many valid reasons for doing it differently! Like looking for leads, not recruits, and how you offer info at your shows - not the opportunity immediately! It's now my goal to hand out 3 info packets at each show ( 2 at my last show - but only 8 people there!) - and now what I have wanted I now know I can actually do! (become a director by the first of the year) My director is so excited for me! When I was talking to her the other day, she said "You know, the difference is before there were things you wanted, but now, not only do you want them, you actually have a plan and goals for acheiving them! - and you are gonna do it!"
For the Power Hour - my husband and I talked about it, and he loves logic so much (and Belinda's plan is so logical!), that he was willing to agree to a plan where on the nights I don't have shows, he will keep my son away from our office for one hour, so I can do my Power Hour! He really wants me to succeed - but before he said it felt like I was doing PC ALL the time!- but one hour is a set time, and when I'm done with my hour, I'm free, and not thinking about what I should be doing - which actually gives me more time for him and our son!

I am still hanging in there... :) I saw Belinda a couple of years ago. She is amazing. A bunch of the Central Florida clusters got together and had her come down. I love how she makes it all seem so simple! Time to get back to basics! Thanks everyone! And good luck to you all!!

Jaye :)

Becky: I just read your post to my husband, who feels like I do PC all the time, too. After doing just one PH, I felt like I got more done than in a week. Its funny because I could do PC all the time because it doesn't seem like work to me. My husband misses me. LOL

Jaye: My take is a little different than others. It sounds like you have a great attitude, but like any business, it's just a little slow right now. Perhaps you should continue to work your business but also look for some part-time retail work through the holidays. This would allow you to pay the bills and not depend so heavily on PC as well as meet new people. Holidays can be hard to get people to book and with extra holiday expenses, you'll need the money more than ever. Good luck....

I would love to get my hands on the cd you guys were talking about! Where can we order it if we didn't make conference this year? I totally understand what Jaye is going through, however, thanks to my husband I don't have to make the money, It helps us pay off credit cards and such, but it's frustrating when you work so hard and you don't get the results you hope for! Know that you are not alone, and I agree with Bee, take some stress off your shoulders and it would be a great way to meet new people!

Thanks, Bee and Kim!

I appreciate the support!!

I am working it!! :)

THANKS EVERYONE!! :)

Jaye

pckimboyers said:
I would love to get my hands on the cd you guys were talking about! Where can we order it if we didn't make conference this year? I totally understand what Jaye is going through, however, thanks to my husband I don't have to make the money, It helps us pay off credit cards and such, but it's frustrating when you work so hard and you don't get the results you hope for! Know that you are not alone, and I agree with Bee, take some stress off your shoulders and it would be a great way to meet new people!

Try this I just got this email from my hospitality director...

Belinda Ellsworth's
Thought for the Week
Monday, September 25, 2006

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK:

ARE YOU FULLY IN?

"There are only two options regarding commitment; you're either in or you're out. There's no such thing as life in-between." -- Pat Riley

When it comes to commitment, people are interesting. They want to believe that they are fully in and fully committed; and they know they need to be fully committed if they're going to experience any level of success . . . but, surprisingly, most people never step over the edge and fully commit to what they are doing.

Tommy Lasorda says, "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." And many times the difference between the person who succeeds and the person who doesn't is simply whether or not they decided to stick it out. The key to staying in the game is commitment.

This week, pick a few areas of your life where you want to do or achieve more. Be honest. Are you fully committed? Do your actions reflect your desire to be successful? Are you fully in?

If not, take action today to show that you are fully committed to your cause. Get "fully in!"

Have a great week!
---------------------------------------
**COMING EVENTS**

Saturday, September 30 - Nashau, NH
Monday, October 2 - Salt Lake City, UT
Saturday, October 14 -- Rochester, NY
Saturday, October 21 - Portland, OR
Saturday, October 28 - Lansdale, PA

Register at http://www.stepintosuccess.com/events.cfm
------------------------------------------------
**SEPTEMBER SPECIAL**

Take 15% off anything you order during the month of September. This applies to all of our regular products.

It's a great time to add to your training library -- or take advantage of the savings to pick up extra copies of our exciting new Power Hour and Effective Hostess Coaching systems.

Offer good through September 30.

Please indicate "I am a TSE member" in the comments section.

Click here to place your order
-------------------------------------------------------
HAVE YOU READ . . .

. . . the September Issue of Step into Success? Learn how to overcome objections to recruiting, and how to listen for the "hot buttons" in sharing your opportunity. More great articles and strategies for success!

Read it today!
--------------------------------------------------------MANAGERS, have you heard about the exciting NEW START TRAINING CENTER? Save time, energy and money training your new recruits with this powerful new resource. For more information, contact Diane (931) 520-3747. Check it out today!
-----------------------------------------------------------
MEMBER REWARDS PROGRAM
Did you know that every time you refer a new member to the site, you will receive ONE FREE MONTH? Offer excludes new members who elect to sign up following their complimentary period on the New Start Training Center; however, anyone else you refer (up to 12 per year) is eligible.

Share The Success Express today! Please forward this email, so that your friends and colleagues can begin to enjoy the training, motivation and great ideas offered at www.the-success-express.com

That's awesome Flamingo! Thanks for sharing! :)

thanks for sharing......

jaye said:
In trying to promote my business, I have completely run out of leads, ideas for bookings.
I have 4 shows on the books this month, one next month and one in November.
This isn't and cannot be a part-time for fun job, this is my full-time job and yes, it's for fun, but it's also my income.
If this doesn't pick up, I am going to have to quit and go back to work. I am trying to promote the Stoneware this month and have had so many people tell me, nope... not interested.
I have two people today, ask to be removed from my distribution list.
I tried the 24 in 24... I made over 60 calls... no joke... and NOTHING. One person gave me a referral and said, I won't have a show, but call my friend, if she has one, I will buy from it. I called the friend and she was not interested.
I have a great phone voice, I am not pushy, I know that I am great at what I do. I have that confidence.
However, I am not getting the business I need in order to stay in this business.
Thanks for letting me gripe.
Discouraged in FLA,
Jaye

Have you seen the 118 ways to get bookings document? Though I wasn't crazy about all the ideas it was helpful to me. I second the fair or booth. you could even try the 24 booking in 24 hours. I just did both and now have 8 Oct shows, 6 Nov shows and 1 Dec so far. I still haven't secured all the fair leads yet.

Another thought, is do offer a product for booking a show early. I'm attaching a flyer I used and it helped a few people commit to early dates than they may have normally which helped get me other bookings off that show.

Attachments

• DollarDaysBooking.doc
    179.5 KB · Views: 362
How about at your shows offer certain dates you want book ex: 11/11 11/13 12/1 if they chose to book a show on that date your will give them either a "food chopper", "Kitchen Shears" or what ever you offer for FREE. Tell them that they will get that FREE item when they are done with there show, and then put it under the host order which will give you either 20,25 or 30% off. Hopefully this makes any sense! ;)

Thanks for attaching the Dollar Days! I can really use this for my Nov!

Related to Maximizing Business Promotion: Strategies for Generating Bookings and Leads

1. How can I effectively promote my Pampered Chef business and generate more bookings and leads?

Effective promotion of your Pampered Chef business involves utilizing a variety of marketing strategies, such as hosting virtual parties, participating in vendor events, leveraging social media, and offering incentives for referrals. It's important to also maintain a strong online presence and regularly engage with your customer base through email marketing and personalized follow-ups.

2. What are some tips for maximizing bookings and leads during slow periods?

During slow periods, it's important to get creative and think outside the box. Consider offering special discounts or promotions, collaborating with other local businesses for cross-promotion, and reaching out to past customers for repeat business. Additionally, focus on building relationships and providing exceptional customer service to keep your existing customers coming back.

3. How can I ensure a successful virtual party for generating bookings and leads?

To ensure a successful virtual party, it's essential to have a clear and organized plan. This includes promoting the party through various channels, setting a date and time that works for your target audience, providing interactive and engaging content, and following up with attendees afterwards to convert leads into bookings. It's also important to have a reliable and user-friendly platform for hosting the virtual party.

4. What are some effective ways to track and measure the success of my business promotion strategies?

There are multiple ways to track and measure the success of your business promotion strategies. Utilizing analytics tools for your social media and website can provide valuable insights on engagement and conversions. You can also track the success of specific promotions or events by keeping a record of the number of bookings or leads generated. Additionally, asking for customer feedback and tracking repeat business can also be useful in evaluating the effectiveness of your strategies.

5. How can I stand out and differentiate my Pampered Chef business from competitors?

To stand out and differentiate your Pampered Chef business from competitors, focus on providing a unique and personalized experience for your customers. This can include offering exclusive products or services, emphasizing your expertise and passion for cooking, and providing exceptional customer service. Additionally, showcasing your personality and building a strong personal brand can help you stand out in a crowded market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pngentil
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jengillette
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KCPChef