• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting my DCB - But the Lid Doesn't Fit!

In summary, the most common reason for the lid not fitting on a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is warping from heat or improper handling. The lid helps create a seal and retain moisture, so using the DCB without it may result in uneven cooking and less moisture retention. Replacement lids for DCBs can be purchased from Pampered Chef, and to prevent warping, follow the care instructions provided, avoid sudden temperature changes, and do not use metal utensils. The lid is covered under the limited lifetime warranty and can be replaced if it does not fit properly.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I earned the DCB, got it yesterday. The lid doesn't seem to fit! It doesn't go all the way down- and rocks back and forth (width-wise). Have you had many complaints like this?

Re: DcbMine rocks a little bit. It's a clay product, not a precision-machined piece of metal. The clay shrinks when it's fired. There will be shrinkage built into the molds, but all it takes is one piece to have slightly higher water content and shrink differently to not fit. If you're unhappy with it, call customer service and exchange it for a new one. As long as its within 30 days of shipment (from HO), they'll pay to ship it back.

Re: Dcbmine rocked and they sent me a new one with no questions asked. i didn't have to return the old one either

Re: DcbMine fits with only SLIGHT movement. If it rocked back and forth, I would send it back cuz then it's not sealing properly, so lots of steam would be able to escape!

Re: DcbThat was exactly my worry- that it doesn't sit down enough to seal in the moisture & steam. I made the microwave chicken in it (couldn't resist) without the lid- YUM! I did call HO, and they are sending a new one without collecting this one. I wonder if somehow we could sand the part that's keeping it from fitting all the way down?

Re: DcbIt's worth a try (fixing it, that is) and if that doesn't work, you can always use it as a spare, on recipes that the lid doesn't need to fit correctly!

Related to Getting my DCB - But the Lid Doesn't Fit!

1. Why doesn't the lid fit on my DCB?

The most common reason for the lid not fitting on a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is that the baker may have warped from heat or improper handling. It is important to always follow the care instructions for your DCB to prevent warping.

2. Can I still use my DCB without the lid?

Yes, you can still use your DCB without the lid. However, keep in mind that the lid helps to create a seal and retain moisture, so your food may not cook as evenly or retain as much moisture without the lid.

3. Can I purchase a replacement lid for my DCB?

Yes, replacement lids for DCBs are available for purchase from Pampered Chef. You can either contact your consultant or visit our website to order a replacement lid.

4. How do I prevent warping of my DCB?

To prevent warping of your DCB, always follow the care instructions provided. Avoid exposing the baker to sudden temperature changes and do not use metal utensils when cooking with the DCB. It is also important to allow the baker to cool down before washing it with cold water.

5. Is the lid covered under the warranty?

Yes, the lid for the DCB is covered under our limited lifetime warranty. If your lid does not fit properly, please contact your consultant or our customer service team for assistance with a replacement lid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • mspibb
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl