• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Back in Shape with Zumba: Taking the Plunge!

In summary, Zumba is a fun and easy way to get your butt back in shape, and it's great for moms with kids.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, in an effort to get my butt back in shape, I signed up for a Zumba class at the Y in town for January/February...

(1 hour per week)

It sounds fun and that anyone can do it but I'm a little apprehensive...

...but jumping in with both feet this coming Saturday!

Janet,

I'm taking this class starting in January at our park district - I took a free intro class and it is so much fun! The music is great and you just kind of let loose with the latin moves - I really enjoyed it - have fun!

Thanks Gina - good to hear!

I'm not a dancer...I've always been athletic, but in sports, not in dance. Did aerobics once and wasn't the greatest so I was a little fearful...

It was offered to teachers in my building last year as an after school thing. I couldn't take it because I had a class on that night, but everyone who did absolutely loved it!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: They all raved about how great the music was & how much fun they had. GOOD LUCK!!

And don't worry about being a dancer - the music just lets you feel free and there so many people along with you in the class that no one is really watching just you either.

And here I thought you were talking about that vacuum thingie - maybe it's a Roomba? There's too much washer/dryer/vacuum talk going on.:D

This is funny... Zumba is one of my favorite restaurants here! When I saw the post thread header, that's what I thought you meant!PS: If you're ever in Royal Oak, MI... check out Zumba!

Sounds interesting. I saw a story on our local news on this new class the other day!! Should be fun for you!

So, I had my first class Saturday...yes, it confirmed I have 2 left feet, but I'm getting some of it...and it almost kicked my butt! Definitely worked up a sweat. My friend was beat red afterwards, I was as pale as a ghost! (I think my blood sugar dropped a bit during it all!) Anyway, more Powerade next time and we'll keep chugging! :)

I had my first class last Friday and it definitely makes you sweat! But a lot of fun and saw a lot of moms from my kid's school. Definitely need to drink a lot during class. Glad to hear you liked it!

I want a zumba class at my gym! :( Sounds like fun!

It is a blast!! Heather you've got to find a class. I have a hard time getting to one because they are held in the evening and my husband is gone, so I have no one to watch the kiddos. I only went once and would love to go again. The next 3 days after the class my inner thighs were signing a song of mercy!!

Bummer Heather - it's very popular here - they teach 4 classes a week at our park district - I just go on Friday mornings - a guy teaches our class and he's quite a character. It's really fun!

And here I thought you were talking about that vacuum thingie - maybe it's a Roomba? There's too much washer/dryer/vacuum talk going on...

I think I'd much rather watch the vacum excercise than me......

And here I thought you were talking about that vacuum thingie - maybe it's a Roomba? There's too much washer/dryer/vacuum talk going on.

I have to admit, when I clicked on this link I thought it was about the vacuum, :blushing: I wondered how it worked, really thought about checking into getting one.

I've never heard of the Zumba, :confused: so I'll have to see if they've got anything here in our area.

Still laughing at my mistake.

Lisa

Gina M said:
Bummer Heather - it's very popular here - they teach 4 classes a week at our park district - I just go on Friday mornings - a guy teaches our class and he's quite a character. It's really fun!

Maybe I should become an instructor and get paid to do it LOL. But seriously, the curiosity is killing me. I don't know of any local gyms that offer it?:confused: Too bad so sad.:cry: I wonder if it's like the salsa classes at my gym?

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I have to admit, when I clicked on this link I thought it was about the vacuum, :blushing: I wondered how it worked, really thought about checking into getting one.

I've never heard of the Zumba, :confused: so I'll have to see if they've got anything here in our area.

Lisa

I thought the very same thing and remembered that link. ;)

Of course the Kitchen Guy has a cat Video, lol.

I still can't believe I thought this post was about the vac.

Lisa

Ok, well at least some of you thought it was about a vaccuum - I thought it was about the Zumba game on msn.com!!!! It's a fun and addicting little game that I play from time to time. So sad!!!!!

You kinda have to just jump in, dont be shy. Plus everyone is watching themselves in the mirror, not you. I did it for awhile with great results. Wonderful workout. However, developed a heel spur and could not longer withstand the pain from the pound ing on the hard wood floors. (I think it was a result of wearing poor shoes to a wedding with the pounding.) Just be sure you were supportive shoes and have fun!! You will catch on if you keep going to teh same class. It is repeatative and all moves go to the music!! I miss it!

Lisa/ChefBear said:

Lisa

:blushing:Me too! lol:blushing:

Yeay, I just ordered the 4 series kit and it arrived yesterday! I tried the 1hour intro and 20 express workout and MAN, did I bring up a SWEAT! I can tell it's gonna be a GREAT cardio workout! Now with my 3x a week walking and 3x Zumba, hopefully I will get back in shape and lose the last 10lbs by May1! VEGAS trip! :)

You can do it Heather!!

I have to say... Zumba live at a gym is Way better than on video at home! Much more of a work out live! :) They finally brought it to 24hour fitness in SoCal!Yippee :p

We just started a weekly class last month in our retirement ("active living") community...LOVE IT! The time zips by and everyone is drenched from the workout.

legacypc46 said:
We just started a weekly class last month in our retirement ("active living") community...LOVE IT! The time zips by and everyone is drenched from the workout.

Toally makes you SWEAT!

Related to Getting Back in Shape with Zumba: Taking the Plunge!

1. How often should I attend Zumba classes to see results?

To see significant results, it is recommended to attend Zumba classes at least 2-3 times a week. Consistency is key in any fitness routine, so committing to a regular schedule will help you achieve your fitness goals.

2. Do I need to have any dance experience to participate in Zumba?

No, you do not need any prior dance experience to participate in Zumba. The moves are easy to follow and the instructor will provide modifications for different fitness levels. Just come with an open mind and have fun!

3. Can I still do Zumba if I have any injuries or physical limitations?

It is always important to consult with your doctor before starting any new fitness routine, especially if you have any injuries or physical limitations. However, Zumba offers low-impact options and modifications for certain moves, so it is still possible to participate even with limitations.

4. What should I wear and bring to a Zumba class?

Wear comfortable workout clothes and supportive athletic shoes. You may also want to bring a towel and a water bottle as Zumba can be a high-energy, sweat-inducing workout. Some people also like to bring a small towel to place on the floor for any floor exercises.

5. Is Zumba suitable for all ages?

Yes, Zumba is suitable for all ages! The choreography can be modified for different fitness levels and the music is often a mix of popular songs from various decades. It's a great way to have fun and get in shape for people of all ages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefcharity
Replies
Views
straitfan
Replies
Views
3RingChef