• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why did my daughter run away and how can we help our family?

In summary, Nicole's daughter was brought back by the Sherriff's after she threatened to commit suicide. She is now being admitted for a 72 hour psych evaluation.
nikked said:
So, Katie...

How many posts a day have you done to earn the YELLOW star so quickly?!

Does that qualify you as a "post slut"?...and have you gotten the T-Shirt yet?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Congratulations...

WAAAAAY too many! Of course, I've been MUCH better lately. As far as being a PS, I'm still a "novice" in that arena... especially when you look at ChefAnn's post count!! YIKES!!! If (listen to me... if... haha... most like WHEN) my posts go over 5,000... THEN I'll consider myself a PS and spring for a tshirt. DH isn't amused by that title, so I think I'd only be able to wear it at PC stuff... guess it will be in Chicago next year!

What time is your phone interview on Tuesday (and what time zone)? I'll set a reminder on my computer to offer up a prayer for you at that time. How are your other daughters doing with all of this? How much do they know and/or understand about what is happening? Other than keeping you ALL in prayer, is there anything else we can do for any of you?

katie0128 said:
What time is your phone interview on Tuesday (and what time zone)? I'll set a reminder on my computer to offer up a prayer for you at that time. How are your other daughters doing with all of this? How much do they know and/or understand about what is happening? Other than keeping you ALL in prayer, is there anything else we can do for any of you?

The call is at 2 pm, MST.

They're glad to home, and none the worse for wear. It's wonderful to be young and oblivious.

The six year old is having difficulties, though. As we dig a little deeper, we are discovering that Mary has involved in a lot of her little secrets. It's been hard to get Theresa to share, because she loves her big sister so much. So, we're working through all that slowly.

Prayer is the main thing we need, but I will definitely let y'all know if I need anything else.

Thanks again for everything!

You have my prayers! Best of luck to you and your family. Be strong and hang in there, it will all work out in the long run. God doesn't give us anything we can't handle....we usually just don't know we can handle it at the time.

Update...So......

After a perfectly lovely, but totally fake (and we knew it) day yesterday, Mary kept telling me that I needed to go to sleep because I was SO tired, and she didn't want me to be in bad shape tomorrow. She put the clothes in the dryer, put leftovers away, hugged and kissed me, etc.

I'm no dummy, and I totally didn't buy it. I took a shower (10 minutes or so) after she went to bed, then checked on her...surprise, surprise (NOT) she was gone.

Immediately called the base police, and discovered yet another benefit of living on base! Had an IMMEDIATE response...someone was at the house within 5 minutes, maybe 10. I think every cop on base was looking for her!

A good friend of mine :)sing: I get by with a little help from my friends:sing: ) [thanks, Greg!) went looking for her and found her quickly.

According to Mary, she was walking around to visit her old walking routes and to "say goodbye" to the base. She wasn't planning on running. On her side, she didn't have a backpack, and she didn't steel anything, so it's possible she was actually telling the truth, but I don't think we'll ever know.

I asked her if she thought of asking me, and her response was she didn't think I would let her go. To which I replied that I wouldn't have let her go at 10 o'clock at night, but I would have been more than happy to let her go in the morning.

I told her to stop making assumptions about what I will and will not do and to give me a chance.

There was a lot said last night, and we didn't get to bed until after 2 am, so we're quite exhausted. Had to cancel yet another physical therapy appointment, which really bums me out.

She says she does want to go to Teen Challenge, so the interview is still on for 2 this afternoon.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support...

You are on my computer alarm system to pop up at 2p PST (4p EST) and I'll offer up a prayer for you ALL!

Nothing is instant right now...and I WANT it to be!Had a good interview yesterday. I really like the lady's approach...it was kind of a Dr. Phil's "and how's that working for ya?" kind of thing. Made Mary really look at what she's been doing.

She was given an assignment to ready Psalms and Proverbs (the corresponding day...on the 9th, read the ninth chapers) and write down thoughts on how it can help her acheive her goals and get out of the mess she's in.

She hasn't read the Bible in a long time...it was nice to see her do it.

We have a second interview on Thursday at 3:45 to go over her responses. If they accept her, the process is 2-4 weeks, because they require exams. Eye, dental and a "female" exam to check for STDs. After she has that exam, she has to be with an adult at ALL times to make sure she doesn't exposed after the fact. How long it takes to get her in depends on how long it takes me to do everything.

So, keep on praying, ladies (and gents). We need it!

Thanks...

Sounds like things are rolling. Any way you can schedule those appointments now, while you wait for word? Might as well get a head start on them.

And it sounds like the hardest part will be keeping her under watch after the exams are done.

Yeah, but I have to wait for the paperwork before she can actually HAVE the appointments, because there are things for the doctors to fill out, so I have to wait.

I have an appointment for her at the Women's Clinic on base already, but it's not until the 29th...so I'm trying to get her an appointment with someone sooner, without it costing me a fortune. As soon as I know what's happening on Thursday, and how long it will take to get the applications, I'll start scheduling...

Thanks, y'all!

You're all still in my prayers, Nicole. I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this, but it's a good thing to get everything worked out & out in the open!

((((Hugs))))
Crystal

I will keep you and your family in my prayers though out the month. I know how hard it is (been there done that). Stay strong, that I know is the hardest part but she will thank you later, it took my oldest until she was 24 to admit she was out of control as a teen. Is there a teen crisis center or a teen help group that may be able to help assist you and your family through this difficult time. I know your daughter takes up alot of your time but also stay focused on the two little ones, because they are like little sponges and apsorb everything (thats what mine did). ((((((Hugs))))))) all around.

You'll continue to be in my prayers.

Nikke,
Any updates? Have you heard anything? I was driving in to work this morning, and for no apparent reason I thought of you and your family. I hope there's good news about the program.

Thanks for checking in...I was just thinking about posting.

We're still working things through with the program. It seems promising, but nothing is definite, and it is not a fast process. So, we still sit at the proverbial fork in the road, not knowing which way we are going...

Your continued prayers and thoughts are appreciated...

<h2>1. Why did my daughter run away?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons why your daughter ran away. It could be due to feelings of anger, frustration, or sadness. It could also be a result of underlying mental health issues, such as depression or anxiety. It's important to have open and honest communication with your daughter to try and understand her reasons for running away.</p><h2>2. How can we help our family?</h2><p>First and foremost, it's important to seek help from a professional therapist or counselor. They can provide tools and strategies to improve communication and address any underlying issues within the family. It's also important to have open and honest communication with each family member, and to work together to create a safe and supportive environment.</p><h2>3. Can you please pray for our family?</h2><p>Absolutely, our thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time. We hope that you find strength, support, and guidance to heal and move forward as a family.</p><h2>4. What can we do to support our daughter during this time?</h2><p>It's important to let your daughter know that you love her and are there for her, no matter what. Encourage her to express her feelings and thoughts, and listen without judgment. Offer support and understanding, and seek professional help if needed.</p><h2>5. How can we handle the exhaustion and stress of this situation?</h2><p>It's completely understandable to feel exhausted and overwhelmed during this difficult time. Make sure to take care of yourself and find healthy ways to cope with stress, such as exercising, talking to a friend or therapist, or practicing relaxation techniques. Don't be afraid to ask for help from family and friends, and remember to take breaks and prioritize self-care.</p>

1. Why did my daughter run away?

There could be a variety of reasons why your daughter ran away. It could be due to feelings of anger, frustration, or sadness. It could also be a result of underlying mental health issues, such as depression or anxiety. It's important to have open and honest communication with your daughter to try and understand her reasons for running away.

2. How can we help our family?

First and foremost, it's important to seek help from a professional therapist or counselor. They can provide tools and strategies to improve communication and address any underlying issues within the family. It's also important to have open and honest communication with each family member, and to work together to create a safe and supportive environment.

3. Can you please pray for our family?

Absolutely, our thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time. We hope that you find strength, support, and guidance to heal and move forward as a family.

4. What can we do to support our daughter during this time?

It's important to let your daughter know that you love her and are there for her, no matter what. Encourage her to express her feelings and thoughts, and listen without judgment. Offer support and understanding, and seek professional help if needed.

5. How can we handle the exhaustion and stress of this situation?

It's completely understandable to feel exhausted and overwhelmed during this difficult time. Make sure to take care of yourself and find healthy ways to cope with stress, such as exercising, talking to a friend or therapist, or practicing relaxation techniques. Don't be afraid to ask for help from family and friends, and remember to take breaks and prioritize self-care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Gina M
  • General Chat
Replies