• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Your Mini Catalog Inserts Now: Spring/Summer Product Companions

In summary, the author is disappointed that the new mini catalogs do not include all the new products that were announced at the spring launch. There are companion inserts that will be included with all mini catalog orders, but no one has received them yet. There is a chance that they were sent as smart post instead of first class mail, and the author is hopeful that they will arrive soon.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
This was emailed form HO-
However, for those of you who prefer to use mini catalogs to share all of the new products at once, we’ve developed inserts that feature the balance of the new products not included in the respective mini catalogs. All Spring and Summer mini catalog orders will now include a pack of companion inserts.

Has ANYONE received them???

Not yet. I'm in PA.

They probably sent them smartpost.

I was just coming on to ask about this. I know that we're getting inserts to go with the mini catalogs that we got at Spring Launch, but do you think they'll send inserts out for the 100 mini catalogs that I pre-ordered??

I was suprised that it wasn't in my changeover kit too. Why do they tell us one thing, and do another. I hope it comes soon, because I was ready to mail them out.

I've just been putting a personal note on them that says that this includes some of the new products coming out March 1st and to check back to my website on March 1st to find out all the products.But I do agree that they dropped the ball on this when they said they would include them but haven't yet.

sarahsworld2000 said:
I was suprised that it wasn't in my changeover kit too. Why do they tell us one thing, and do another. I hope it comes soon, because I was ready to mail them out.

They didn't say how we'd get the inserts. The Changeover boxes were likely packed weeks ago, and then they just tossed them in. I would bet it was a matter of timing - when they got the feedback (Jan 28th was when it would have started from consultants getting first looks at the mini's. And by then they were already packaging boxes and shipping (Mine shipped on the 1st of Feb).

However, for those of you who prefer to use mini catalogs to share all of the new products at once, we’ve developed inserts that feature the balance of the new products not included in the respective mini catalogs. All Spring and Summer mini catalog orders will now include a pack of companion inserts.

this was from 2/3- so one would assume all pre orders would have them but not!
I get a reg supply order tomorrow- we'll see then

I placed my preorder on the 5th which was AFTER this was sent so I was expecting them to be in my box too!

got my pre-order and no inserts were in there. Calling today

When my preorder shipped there was a second package shipped smart post. I should receive it tomorrow. I'm betting that the inserts are in there and possibly the SL inserts may also arrive tomorrow. Useless sending them that method (do they not know we wat to get some of these OUT?!). I would have rather they emailed them. First class mail surely would have been less costly and FASTER than smart post? I would think one set of the inserts would be just one stamp for petes sake. lol

I am hoping they get them out soon as well as I have a "guys" party on March 10 and I use the minis as invites too. The big thing is that I called from SL to book this party based solely on the new grilling stuff. Then to find they were not in the minis, was a real disappointment! Then I think I read in the weekly e-mail that the new minis will not be out until sometime in April and will contain all the new stuff. I mean really? What were they thinking by not including everything new! I have a feeling they will not make that mistake again.

pampered1224 said:
I mean really? What were they thinking by not including everything new! I have a feeling they will not make that mistake again.

I think your feeling is right! :)

BethCooks4U said:
When my preorder shipped there was a second package shipped smart post. I should receive it tomorrow. I'm betting that the inserts are in there and possibly the SL inserts may also arrive tomorrow. Useless sending them that method (do they not know we wat to get some of these OUT?!). I would have rather they emailed them. First class mail surely would have been less costly and FASTER than smart post? I would think one set of the inserts would be just one stamp for petes sake. lol
Or at least sent them as they did, but made an electronic version available for folks to print maybe, if they chose to.
I guess they don't have to do any of it....it just shows they listen, and are working to resolve the situation as fast as they can. Remember, they are also processing a lot of Changeover boxes, AND SAT, and sample orders, in addition to the regular load. I'm sure they are a bit busy getting it all correct. I think we forget that sometimes.

pampered1224 said:
I am hoping they get them out soon as well as I have a "guys" party on March 10 and I use the minis as invites too. The big thing is that I called from SL to book this party based solely on the new grilling stuff. Then to find they were not in the minis, was a real disappointment! Then I think I read in the weekly e-mail that the new minis will not be out until sometime in April and will contain all the new stuff. I mean really? What were they thinking by not including everything new! I have a feeling they will not make that mistake again.

Here's my question to those who PRE-ordered...did you order a lower amount knowing you were going to have to order a different set a few months later?

Personally, if I WOULD have pre-ordered I would have tried to order what I thought I would have needed for the season. If not, I would get most of what I needed in the first supply order. Either way, we will have to do another supply order in April to get the minis with all the products. (But, at least with the inserts it won't be absolutely necessary.)

kam said:
Here's my question to those who PRE-ordered...did you order a lower amount knowing you were going to have to order a different set a few months later?

Personally, if I WOULD have pre-ordered I would have tried to order what I thought I would have needed for the season. If not, I would get most of what I needed in the first supply order.

We didn't know until Spring Launch that there would even BE a second set coming out later in the season.

esavvymom said:
We didn't know until Spring Launch that there would even BE a second set coming out later in the season.

Yeah, that's my point! Not really fair to those who ordered a large qty in pre-order. They almost had to come out with an insert! I think we all have an abundance of outdated paperwork as it is.

I'm just glad they aren't that expensive!! :) I have 6 of them on my table I want to send out to customers, but I'm holding off for the inserts (yeah, and the little fact that I'm SLOW to get stuff out!).

esavvymom said:
I'm just glad they aren't that expensive!! :) I have 6 of them on my table I want to send out to customers, but I'm holding off for the inserts (yeah, and the little fact that I'm SLOW to get stuff out!).

True, they aren't that expensive! Hopefully the inserts will come soon!

Still, I don't know what they were thinking doing it this way. I am trying to figure a benefit to us or PC that comes with having 2 minis in a season. I understand when there is a mid-season product introduction, but that is not the case, this time. Very weird.

kam said:
True, they aren't that expensive! Hopefully the inserts will come soon!

Still, I don't know what they were thinking doing it this way. I am trying to figure a benefit to us or PC that comes with having 2 minis in a season. I understand when there is a mid-season product introduction, but that is not the case, this time. Very weird.

What they said at Spring Launch was they were doing it that way so that those who use them as invitations will have a "fresh" looking invitation for their guests for the Summer vs. the Spring.

ChefBeckyD said:
What they said at Spring Launch was they were doing it that way so that those who use them as invitations will have a "fresh" looking invitation for their guests for the Summer vs. the Spring.

Ahh! Thanks! I am SO much better with things if they have a logical explanation!

Maybe next time they'll just change the cover!!

I should not gripe. At least they listened and are correcting it with the insert. They could have told us we were on our own. But I am sorry, as I did create an insert and well, to me it is not professional looking so it really down grades the quality standards of everything in the mini. So... I am just glad it is being resolved. And I bet I am right. It probably will not happen again. The cost alone will be a major deterrent to that I am sure. Postage, printing and designing costs? WHEW!

Well, my smartpost delivery came a day early and it was some invitations that I had ordered. I didn't even notice they were missing in the other order - I guess because my Dec products and Director package came the same day. Anyway, no inserts yet. Oh well, I'll put my sticker telling people there's more new than in the booklet and I'll probably print off a few of John's inserts for now. Good thing you made those John!

Here's what I have on my stickers:

"Check out the full catalog for
additional new products for the grill!
www.p...../bbrigham"

BethCooks4U said:
Here's what I have on my stickers:

"Check out the full catalog for
additional new products for the grill!
www.p...../bbrigham"

Maybe this will draw interest to the website and create a few impulse purchases

I received a supply order yesterday. The inserts were not included. I spoke to someone in customer service this morning. He didn't seem to have an answer for me, but is researching when they will be shipped. I will post again later if I have any news.

I haven't received any either. I was at SL, and I pre-ordered 100 mini-catalogs. Ugh.

pampered1224 said:

Especially because I think they were the NICEST of the new products!

Amanda_RI said:
I haven't received any either. I was at SL, and I pre-ordered 100 mini-catalogs. Ugh.

I've never used the mini catalogs before, but this time I decided to bite the bullet and order 10 packs of them.... :cry:

I just called (might be a good thing if they heard from more of us - I usually don't advocate calling because it ties up the phone lines). The gal on the phone said that the spring launch attendees' inserts went out on February 6 and to give them 10 business days (tomorrow). I told her the biggest thing is some of us have parties the first week of March and use these as invites. She wasn't even aware what exactly the inserts were. From what I gather from her (my words, not hers) is that several emails have gone out to her supervisors and the person in charge of the department that controls the inserts and they haven't heard much back from them.

I hate waiting so close to mail mini's out. I really hope that today they will arrive!!! I misread and thought they came in the change over kit so I have had them stamped and ready since 2/07. But I agree, atleast they are sending them an not making us print our own.

So the gal I talked to earlier at HO sent out a couple emails and got back to me. She said that Spring Launch attendees will have inserts mailed out Feb 20th (not the 6th which is what she was told previously), change over will be mailed out Feb 24th. Nothing about preorders - they aren't allowed to do adjustments on these if we call about them. It doesn't seem like they really know what's going on. She said it's just as confusing and frustrating on their end (she was really nice and completely agreeing with me, saying that it makes their job hard being told several different things and not really knowing what's going on).

Then it seems pointless to wait to send them out for immediate needs then.Put a positive spin on it instead of negative. Use it as a way to tell your guests/hosts/prospects "There are many MORE great new items to see, so be sure to come buy to get your hands on them, or look at the new catalog!" Make them want more. Don't show them everything at once...make them desire to see the rest!
My wording isn't great, so someone else may have a better way to put it, but I think you get the idea.

I agree that about them not including the grilling products in the mini's what where they thinking? i bet they thought they could save on production by skimping out a few pages, just for them to send us inserts? odd.
At my SL they said they would be mailed out "later that week" I am still yet to see them. I thought I might order some on my supply order, but they weren't even an option. They should be there IMO.. They are not listed in my "shipment status" on CC either.. I sent my SL ones out regardless. I hope they have inserts in my supply order that on the way, but I doubt it!

esavvymom said:
Then it seems pointless to wait to send them out for immediate needs then.

Put a positive spin on it instead of negative. Use it as a way to tell your guests/hosts/prospects "There are many MORE great new items to see, so be sure to come buy to get your hands on them, or look at the new catalog!" Make them want more. Don't show them everything at once...make them desire to see the rest!
My wording isn't great, so someone else may have a better way to put it, but I think you get the idea.

Maybe something like this? Trying to be as un-wordy as possible.

"This booklet just has a few of our new products.
Love to grill? you will want to see our full new catalog!"

What are the companion inserts and how do I get them?

The companion inserts are additional pages that feature the products not included in the mini catalogs. They can be obtained by placing an order for the Spring or Summer mini catalog.

Are the companion inserts included in every mini catalog order?

Yes, starting now all Spring and Summer mini catalog orders will include a pack of companion inserts.

Are the companion inserts available for purchase separately?

No, the companion inserts are only available with the purchase of a Spring or Summer mini catalog.

How many companion inserts are included in each mini catalog order?

Each mini catalog order will include one pack of companion inserts.

Have any customers received their companion inserts yet?

As the email states, the companion inserts are a new addition and may not have been received by customers yet. However, they will be included in all Spring and Summer mini catalog orders moving forward.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
M/SPampered
  • melizabeth35
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Marlene Miller
Replies
Views
JessBarszcz