• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready to Start: Preparing for a New Journey

In summary, Ellen is starting her church's biggest loser program and is looking forward to winning money. She is having some problems with food, but is optimistic.
whats the journal? I haven't been on this portion of the sight in a long time.....

Okay, oatmeal and coffee for breakfast, homemade taco salad for lunch, granola bar for snack.

I did my 2 mile walk today again too. Hopefully I can keep it together for dinner.

Woo Hoo! I went out for lunch with a friend, and have no idea what we will have for dinner.:eek:

Okay so I just got back from another 2 mile walk. I had a good breakfast too. I do really good till mid-afternoon and evening usually so I am hoping that today will be different. At least I have been able to walk everyday this week. I may even try to do some more later on. Gotta play with Isaac now though!

Ellen since you live on the same sdide of the country that I do. Safeway has a new product out called eating right. And it's all low fat, low cal, Tast raelly good too. I have been buying it for the past little while. And I eat a breakfast bar in the morning, and Drink my water and eat a salad for lunch with light dressing. ( I think salad dressing and any other condoments should be their own food groups.) I eat small snack like a peice of fruit or something and a good healthy dinner. I dont' cook any differnt for myself than I do for my family. So we are all eating the right things. :) YOU CAN DO IT!!

Well the snacking has already begun. I was hungry after my walk and ate 2 Tempura Crunch Vegetable Rolls and a bunch of baby carrots. I think I may have a granola bar too. I am trying to not have anything else till lunch time though. Soon, very soon. I think I will have either a bowl of soup or some salad for lunch (or a small portion of both).

mommyhugz1978 said:
Ellen since you live on the same sdide of the country that I do. Safeway has a new product out called eating right. And it's all low fat, low cal, Tast raelly good too. I have been buying it for the past little while. And I eat a breakfast bar in the morning, and Drink my water and eat a salad for lunch with light dressing. ( I think salad dressing and any other condoments should be their own food groups.) I eat small snack like a peice of fruit or something and a good healthy dinner. I dont' cook any differnt for myself than I do for my family. So we are all eating the right things. :) YOU CAN DO IT!!

I have actually seen that product before. I am big on reading labels. Sometimes it seems okay and is not. I will start checking that one out and comparing it to other things.

I stay away from any high fructose corn syrups and partially hydrogentated oils too. There are a bunch of other things I aviod but would never be able to spell them! LOL! I do okay except I have a hard time (lately) with too much snacking and portion control. I used to be really good at it (last year) but this year I've totally slacked.

Let's keep on trying though!

I am big on reading lables too, my Dh has ADHD and as a child he went on a specilized diet so he didnt have to be put on any meds. And what the doc and his parents found out is that anything with articifial flavoring such as Red #40 etc sets it off. SO it takes me like a hour and half to go shopping. It drives people nuts.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am big on reading lables too, my Dh has ADHD and as a child he went on a specilized diet so he didnt have to be put on any meds. And what the doc and his parents found out is that anything with articifial flavoring such as Red #40 etc sets it off. SO it takes me like a hour and half to go shopping. It drives people nuts.

That is a big thing for our DD too. As soon as I changed her diet (no dyes, no processed foods) it was like she was totally different. Made all the teachers and family member's jaw drop b/c she changed w/o any use of drugs. Just diet change, consistant discipline and lots of prayer.

Once again I have sabotaged myself with a Grande Caramel Latte from Starbucks today. At least I have been walking everyday this week though. Still, I want to lose weight, not just break even!

Christ Follower said:
Once again I have sabotaged myself with a Grande Caramel Latte from Starbucks today. At least I have been walking everyday this week though. Still, I want to lose weight, not just break even!

And I should add that I also had a good size bowl of pasta and garlic bread for dinner.....:cry:. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.....

Christ Follower said:
That is a big thing for our DD too. As soon as I changed her diet (no dyes, no processed foods) it was like she was totally different. Made all the teachers and family member's jaw drop b/c she changed w/o any use of drugs. Just diet change, consistant discipline and lots of prayer.

My DH used Ben Finegold or the Finegold institute Association of the US it has helped a lot of people do a complete 180... it's amazing. That's just it diet change and constant discipline and faith and prayer.

It also works with weight loss... Make the commitment to yourself once you have done that then the rest is somewhat easier. Not always.......

Christ Follower said:

Christ Follower said:
And I should add that I also had a good size bowl of pasta and garlic bread for dinner.....:cry:. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.....

You are doing just fine. This also makes me think I should mention the diet change thing to my sister, her dh has adhd.

Okay, had a bowl of ceral (Kashi) and lots of coffee for breakfast today. Just got back from a 3 MILE WALK! YAY! I did one mile with Stitch and two with Lilo. Isaac was in the stroller of course. Hope I do okay for lunch and dinner now. I really want to start seeing some results in my tight pants. I have a show on the 27th and don't think my work pants would look too good right about now.

With all the walking you are doing I think you will see some changes soon. You've also been watching what you eat. I think you are doing great!

missydivine said:
With all the walking you are doing I think you will see some changes soon. You've also been watching what you eat. I think you are doing great!

Walking~ Yes

Watching what I eat~ not so much. I am watching what I eat go into my mouth if that's what you mean.....lol.....

I can be doing a lot better. I need to! I have $50 in it and can win a lot more if our team wins!

It just takes commitment as a whole!!! You can do it !!!

Not sure if I will get to walk today. I have bible study in a little bit and it doesn't get done till almost noon. Hopefully I can make up for it by eating good today.....

Christ Follower said:
Not sure if I will get to walk today. I have bible study in a little bit and it doesn't get done till almost noon. Hopefully I can make up for it by eating good today.....

I only walked a mile today.

hey it's better than nothing at all.

SO I need to set my ticker back to zero I think. Last night I had In & Out burger and this morning I went out to breakfast and ate a bunch of french toast. Not good at all. I really need to get my will power going again.

Christ Follower said:
SO I need to set my ticker back to zero I think. Last night I had In & Out burger and this morning I went out to breakfast and ate a bunch of french toast. Not good at all. I really need to get my will power going again.

That is only two meals in a life of meals. You are being too hard on yourself. It takes time to lose that unwanted weight. More time than it took to put it on.:grumpy: You can get motivated again I know you can.

I don't want to get on the scale, because I don't want to have to move mine back too.

I had a bunch of desserts tonight too. I think I may have to do a couple day fast so I can "re-set" my body.

So far today I have only had water and a cup of green tea. I am going to have a smoothie in a bit. I am doing a liqued only day or two so I can get my mind re-focused on portion control and such.

Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

missydivine said:
Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

I ended up having my smoothie and then later I ate some fruit. I had 2 tangerines for dinner and some cut fruit at the couples class for dessert. I think tomorrow I will eat breakfast and dinner but fast for dinner. Not sure yet though.

Today is the start of a new week! We can both do better this week, I know we can!

Today stunk for me. I didn't exercise at all and didn't eat the greatest. In fact, I was thinking about making myself a microcake in my SA mug. There's always tomorrow. It sucks not being motivated. Maybe I should take off my clothes and look at my fat rolls in the mirror before making the cake.

Christ Follower said:
Today stunk for me. I didn't exercise at all and didn't eat the greatest. In fact, I was thinking about making myself a microcake in my SA mug. There's always tomorrow. It sucks not being motivated. Maybe I should take off my clothes and look at my fat rolls in the mirror before making the cake.

You are not making an entire cake. You need to be tough on yourself, but not so much that you give up. Eat what you need to tonight, and get back on track tomorrow. You haven't lost the battle.

I think it is best to get back on the horse when you fall off and don't give up even if you have an off day or two. Weight loss is a battle that becomes a lifestyle change which takes a while. Some days are good, some days aren't so hot. But allow yourself the bad days without it detouring you from the main goal.
Good luck, tomorrow is a new day!

lhpcgirl said:
I think it is best to get back on the horse when you fall off and don't give up even if you have an off day or two. Weight loss is a battle that becomes a lifestyle change which takes a while. Some days are good, some days aren't so hot. But allow yourself the bad days without it detouring you from the main goal.
Good luck, tomorrow is a new day!

Thanks.:)

Sorry I missed you last night. Wanted to give you some encouragement for today! I know you can have a great day today!

Bad day today.

Drank lots of coffee this morning.
Left-over Beef Enchilada Casserole for lunch
Choc chip granola bar
Salad for dinner but then I ate a Micro Mug cake with choc frosting
Chips & Salsa at like 10 pm!

AND NO EXERCISE because of the rain.

You'll do better tomorrow.

missydivine said:
You'll do better tomorrow.

See that's what we keep saying but then I mess up again. I need to get serious so I can see some results. I may end up having to wear jeans to my show this Sunday b/c all my dress pants are just too tight right now.:cry:

Christ Follower said:
See that's what we keep saying but then I mess up again. I need to get serious so I can see some results. I may end up having to wear jeans to my show this Sunday b/c all my dress pants are just too tight right now.:cry:

Okay, get busy and eat right! You need to have a big salad before lunch and dinner! Go light on the dressing!:eek: Drink you coffee in the morning, then water the rest of the day! I want you to write everything down!

Is that better? I can be tough too.:rolleyes:;)

Haven't posted here in a while....I am actually getting fatter. I have not been exercising (other than walking ONCE last week) and I just ate ice cream.

I need to make a change and fast! My jeans are getting too tight and I am NOT buying a bigger size!

Christ Follower said:
Haven't posted here in a while....I am actually getting fatter. I have not been exercising (other than walking ONCE last week) and I just ate ice cream.

I need to make a change and fast! My jeans are getting too tight and I am NOT buying a bigger size!

I felt like you last week. I was so disguisted with myself I couldn't stand it. I started to write everything down and only eat what is in my lunchbox . . . today I wanted the cookies on the table . . . and I didn't because I didn't want to write it down . . . I don't even show anyone my food chart . . . but it is just the mental thing of writing it down.

:boss:(of course I wouldn't have this mean face) You can do it, don't get discouraged.

Christ Follower said:

You can do it! I need to too! I have to make myself post and keep track again:eek: I think I'm just letting myself slack off. I can't do that!:grumpy:

Christ Follower said:

I know you can get back on track. I finally excercised today. Not enough to make much of a difference but at lest it is a start..

and this is my zero 0 post so I am going to go to bed now.

How are you doing? I miss you! Hope you get your computer up and going soon. How is your biggest loser at church going?

missydivine said:
How are you doing? I miss you! Hope you get your computer up and going soon. How is your biggest loser at church going?

I am fasting today. I've only had liquids and an apple. I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like. Not sure about the church thing either. They only do weigh-ins once a month at the end, so I will know at the end of this month how my team is doing.

Good luck with getting those stubborn pounds to go away! I know mine are holding on.:eek: I know what I have to do, now I have to do it.

How are you doing?

Okay so I started my diet for real on Monday and I think I am doing well so far. I haven't weighed myself yet though b/c it is THAT TIME of the month. Anyway, I walked Monday and Tuesday, walked just a little bit yesterday, and rode 2 miles on my bike today and will ride another 2 miles when I go to pick DD up from school later. Eating has been a little better so we will see how it goes.

As far as the biggest loser at my church, my team is in 8th place. Not sure how many teams there are but we are possibly in last place. One of our team mates dropped out and my sister and I didn't weigh in b/c we both think we actually gained since the last weigh in. The other lady lost 11 pounds though. It goes by percenage of weight lost though.

Christ Follower said:
Okay so I started my diet for real on Monday and I think I am doing well so far. I haven't weighed myself yet though b/c it is THAT TIME of the month. Anyway, I walked Monday and Tuesday, walked just a little bit yesterday, and rode 2 miles on my bike today and will ride another 2 miles when I go to pick DD up from school later. Eating has been a little better so we will see how it goes.

Good for you! I have to get back to it myself. I've lost a little, but not much.:grumpy: only have me to blame.

Christ Follower said:
As far as the biggest loser at my church, my team is in 8th place. Not sure how many teams there are but we are possibly in last place. One of our team mates dropped out and my sister and I didn't weigh in b/c we both think we actually gained since the last weigh in. The other lady lost 11 pounds though. It goes by percenage of weight lost though.

You all have to kick it into gear so you can win!!!!! You can do it!

<h2>1. What does "Get Ready to Start" mean?</h2><p>"Get Ready to Start" is a program offered by Pampered Chef to help new consultants prepare for their journey with our company. It includes resources, training, and support to ensure a successful start.</p><h2>2. How do I enroll in the "Get Ready to Start" program?</h2><p>To enroll in the "Get Ready to Start" program, you must first become a Pampered Chef consultant. Once you have signed up, you will automatically be enrolled in the program and will receive an email with instructions on how to access the resources.</p><h2>3. What kind of resources are included in the "Get Ready to Start" program?</h2><p>The "Get Ready to Start" program includes a variety of resources such as training videos, business tools, and support from your upline and fellow consultants. These resources are designed to help you learn about Pampered Chef products, build your business, and achieve your goals.</p><h2>4. How long does the "Get Ready to Start" program last?</h2><p>The "Get Ready to Start" program is a self-paced program, so it can last as long as you need it to. However, we recommend completing the program within the first 30 days of becoming a consultant to ensure a strong start to your business.</p><h2>5. Is there a cost for the "Get Ready to Start" program?</h2><p>No, there is no additional cost for the "Get Ready to Start" program. It is included in your enrollment fee as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, there may be optional resources or tools available for purchase to support your journey.</p>

1. What does "Get Ready to Start" mean?

"Get Ready to Start" is a program offered by Pampered Chef to help new consultants prepare for their journey with our company. It includes resources, training, and support to ensure a successful start.

2. How do I enroll in the "Get Ready to Start" program?

To enroll in the "Get Ready to Start" program, you must first become a Pampered Chef consultant. Once you have signed up, you will automatically be enrolled in the program and will receive an email with instructions on how to access the resources.

3. What kind of resources are included in the "Get Ready to Start" program?

The "Get Ready to Start" program includes a variety of resources such as training videos, business tools, and support from your upline and fellow consultants. These resources are designed to help you learn about Pampered Chef products, build your business, and achieve your goals.

4. How long does the "Get Ready to Start" program last?

The "Get Ready to Start" program is a self-paced program, so it can last as long as you need it to. However, we recommend completing the program within the first 30 days of becoming a consultant to ensure a strong start to your business.

5. Is there a cost for the "Get Ready to Start" program?

No, there is no additional cost for the "Get Ready to Start" program. It is included in your enrollment fee as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, there may be optional resources or tools available for purchase to support your journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PennyJLoomis
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AngelaM