• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Wilton Cookie Press the Best for Making Uniform Spritz Cookies?

In summary, the conversation discussed the topic of time management and how to prioritize tasks effectively. The speakers emphasized the importance of setting realistic goals and breaking down tasks into smaller, manageable chunks. They also recommended using tools and techniques such as creating a to-do list and setting deadlines to help with time management. Additionally, the conversation touched on the benefits of taking breaks and delegating tasks when necessary. Overall, the main point was to find a balance between being productive and avoiding burnout in order to effectively manage time.
Paige Dixon
Well, I just caught a couple of minutes of America's Test Kitchen on PBS. They were analyzing cookie presses. Real chefs prefer to use a pastry bag and shape their own, but out of the trigger-style cookie presses like ours, The Wilton was the favorite at $13. You should have seen him making those Spritz cookies, it was so fast and they all were very uniform. Each cookie only took one click of the trigger.

I don't have the PC press, but I have my dad's old twist-press, and I've used a "super shooter" which is hilarious. They SUCK hard when they suck, but when they work well, they're awesome. I think ours/Wilton's would be the same...

I understand what you mean by the "one click" awesome-ness. I find that with the Pampered Chef cookie press, it REALLY depends on the texture of the dough. Remember if it is very warm in the house...they need two or three clicks and still they do not come out uniform. BUT if it is cool, one click and uniformity seems to be hand in hand.

I don't like ours. The Wilton one is nice because it is metal. I thought that was cool. I've only ever used ours though. My hand hurts every time I use it. Squeezing the trigger is so hard.

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the America's Test Kitchen segment about cookie presses. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have to say that our cookie press is definitely a game changer when it comes to making Spritz cookies. Not only is it easy to use and produces perfectly uniform cookies, but it also saves a lot of time compared to shaping cookies by hand. Plus, with the variety of design disks that come with it, you can get really creative with your cookie shapes. Have you tried our cookie press yet? I highly recommend giving it a try for your next batch of cookies. Happy baking!

1. What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make cookies in a variety of shapes and sizes. It works by using a trigger mechanism to push dough through shaped discs, creating uniform cookies onto a baking sheet.

2. How does the Wilton Cookie Press compare to other cookie presses?

According to America's Test Kitchen, the Wilton Cookie Press was the preferred choice among real chefs. It is a trigger-style cookie press that is easy to use and produces uniform cookies quickly. It was also the most affordable option at $13.

3. Can I use a pastry bag instead of a cookie press?

Yes, many professional chefs prefer to use a pastry bag to shape their own cookies. However, for those who prefer a quicker and easier option, a cookie press can be a great alternative.

4. What types of cookies can I make with a cookie press?

A cookie press can be used to make a variety of shaped cookies, such as classic spritz cookies, butter cookies, and even savory crackers. You can also experiment with different dough recipes and add-ins to create unique cookie flavors.

5. Is the Wilton Cookie Press a good investment for making perfect cookies?

Based on the America's Test Kitchen review, the Wilton Cookie Press is a great investment for making perfect cookies. It is a preferred choice among real chefs and is affordable, easy to use, and produces uniform cookies quickly. However, ultimately, the effectiveness of the cookie press will depend on personal preference and skill in using the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Dotty