• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Expert Advice: Dealing with a Host Not Responding for Your Upcoming Show

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who has booked a show with a host three months ago, but is now having trouble getting in contact with her to finalize details for the show. The host has not chosen a recipe yet and the consultant has been unable to reach her through phone or email. The consultant is worried about showing up to the show and no one being there. Suggestions have been made to try calling and leaving a message, sending a reminder postcard, or mailing a printed email with the recipe options. The consultant is advised to give a deadline for the host to respond, and if she does not, to assume she wants to cancel the booking.
marciem
Hey all I need some advice

I have a show booked on sun that I booked from a home trade show 3 months ago. We were in contact in the beginning, and again about 3 weeks ago- she has several guests who checked yes on e-invite. She told me 3 weeks ago that she was doing the sun run (a 10km run) on the same day. I asked her if she still wanted to do the show on that day she said yes. the problem is she has not chosen a recipe yet and I have been trying since last week to get a hold of her but I only have 1 phone number and the voicemail box is full- I have e-mailed her 3 times and got nothing back. When I talked to her 3 weeks ago she had changed the location from her house to a hall. Its a good 1 hour drive for me to get to this show- I do not want to show up and have no one there. I'm freakin out a bit!!!

marciem said:
Hey all I need some advice

I have a show booked on sun that I booked from a home trade show 3 months ago. We were in contact in the beginning, and again about 3 weeks ago- she has several guests who checked yes on e-invite. She told me 3 weeks ago that she was doing the sun run (a 10km run) on the same day. I asked her if she still wanted to do the show on that day she said yes. the problem is she has not chosen a recipe yet and I have been trying since last week to get a hold of her but I only have 1 phone number and the voicemail box is full- I have e-mailed her 3 times and got nothing back. When I talked to her 3 weeks ago she had changed the location from her house to a hall. Its a good 1 hour drive for me to get to this show- I do not want to show up and have no one there. I'm freakin out a bit!!!

I would call her and leave a message saying something like "I have been trying to reach you to plan your show but have been unable to and have not her from you. So, unless I hear from you I will assume that you wish to cancel your booking". If she still wants the show, she'll get in touch.

Just keep trying. Give her the recipe options in an e-mail and say that if you don't hear from her by Fri morning that option x (what ever you choose) will be the one and here is the ingredient list.

As stressful as it is being in limbo, I wouldn't cancel yet. She could be overly busy and stressing with life stuff. The fact she sent out invites via your site and she has rsvps is a good sign. Is it possible there has been a family emergency?

I like Niki's suggestion regarding the recipe. If she is genuinely busy, she may appreciate an email with no more than three choices (designate one as the selection if you don't hear back from her).

good luck

leftymac said:
I would call her and leave a message saying something like "I have been trying to reach you to plan your show but have been unable to and have not her from you. So, unless I hear from you I will assume that you wish to cancel your booking". If she still wants the show, she'll get in touch.
She can't leave her a message, because she already said that the lady's voice mail box is full. :):blushing:

I just found this in my files on my hard drive...seems it might be useful in this situation...

Attachments

• MIA Host FLyer.doc
    28 KB · Views: 444
Kitchen Diva said:
She can't leave her a message, because she already said that the lady's voice mail box is full. :):blushing:

I never claimed to read things thoroughly! ;)

Tough situation, since you cannot actually leave her a message and who knows how often she checks her email. I would try to get a "call your guests" reminder post card and mention at the bottom that you haven't heard from her. If she's close and you get it in the mail today, she should get it tomorrow.

Ooh, I like wadesgirl's idea... You could always just print up one of your emails and drop it in the mail today... Hopefully it will get there tomorrow or Saturday. And I agree with the three recipes and the one designated as the choice if you don't hear back. Good luck!

Yes, Yes snail mail. Be sure to be clear that you need to hear from her and what you will do if you can't get in touch with her. ex. I will assume that you would like to reschedule your show or --- I will be there at the appointed time. I don't recommend the second option.

brrrr... I don't like the tone of the "wanted" poster. Christie Northup says to get NAPEF - name, address, phone, email, fax to contact your hosts. This can be some of, why.The hostess surely has the intent to show, having used eVites. Just aim a particular recipe with a shopping list to her - then leave her options to call you to engage in 2 other alternative recipes. Tell her you need an RSVP number of guests in case you'll need to prepare a second food item b/c there are more than 12 people in attendance.Thank her profusely and work WITH her, not against her - she has not been unkind to you, just ovewhelmed with other life. Be professional, keep the high road. Definitely send her something if you have not yet, as well. I use Nancy's Artwork postcards (not sure what I'll use when they get used up!) and 2 host coaching calls. I also coach hosts when I give them a packet and balloons. I tell them if I see balloons, I'll give them a dollar off their order for each balloon - up to 10. If she's going to go to the trouble of outdoor balloons, folks are going to spot her house. If she spends $$ to helium-fill them, all the better; and you are still only reimbursing her $10.

Last night I got through on the phone her husband answered- I introduced myself, told him the situation and asked him to have her call me- No call today and the voicemail is still full so I can't leave a message. On my last e-mail I again asked her what recipe she wanted to do and outlined her responsibility as a host to provide the ingredients for the recipe. Because it is at a hall I asked if there was an oven or microwave. I asked her how the guest list was coming along and gave her some tips- standard host coaching stuff. Her reply to this e-mail was one sentence- the hall had an oven- again no mention of the recipe, no update on guests. I get the feeling she is trying to get out of providing the food. Like I said earlier I gave her the opportunity to reschedule because it seems like shes not into it. Is this normal?- I'm new to the business

oh and love the MIA host poster!

the one line response may indicate that she truly is extremely busy....and my guess is she hasn't really gotten around to choosing a recipe (and has no appreciation for the stress that puts on a consultant)...at this point, plan on making whatever you designated as the default recipe.

If you show up and there's no food, that was her choice. She has the right to be irresponsible, but not the right to make you feel bad about it.

I think if you are really worried there wont be any food, I would bring something to demo. A carrot, potato, cucumber. Or I always keep the ingrediants for the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake on hand to bring for something like this, it is only 3 items so it is not that expensive and it is a great wow recipe. Also some hosts are like this, they don't want to be coached and they are hard to get ahold of sometimes they still have great parties, so good luck!

the skillet cake sounds like a good idea thanks!

When is this show schedule for?

Marcie, how did your show go?

I was thinking of you as I watched all the Sun Runners trickle back into town after the run. Hope things went well!

1. What should I do if my host is not responding to my messages or calls?

If your host is not responding to your attempts to contact them, try reaching out through different methods such as email or social media. You can also ask mutual friends or family members if they have a way to get in touch with your host. If all else fails, contact your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service for further assistance.

2. How can I encourage my host to be more responsive?

One way to encourage your host to be more responsive is to offer incentives or rewards for timely responses. You can also try to build a personal connection with your host by asking about their interests or offering to help with any challenges they may be facing in hosting the show.

3. What should I do if my host cancels the show last minute?

If your host cancels the show last minute, try to reschedule for a different date. You can also offer to do a virtual or online show if in-person is not possible. If the host is unable to reschedule, you can reach out to potential guests and offer to host the show at your own home or virtually with them.

4. How can I prevent this situation from happening in the future?

To prevent a host from being unresponsive in the future, make sure to establish clear communication expectations from the beginning. Set a timeline for when responses are needed and follow up if necessary. You can also offer to help your host with any tasks or provide resources to make hosting easier for them.

5. Can I still have a successful show if my host is unresponsive?

Although it may be more challenging, it is still possible to have a successful show even if your host is unresponsive. Reach out to potential guests directly and offer to host the show at your own home or virtually with them. You can also offer to extend the show to a longer period to accommodate for any delays in communication with your host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies