• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Creative with Email: Send and Win a Free Cookbook!

In summary, J. is thinking of having a contest where the person who sends the e-mail the furthest gets one of the new Pampered Chef products.
Oklabell
I have an over active mind and last night while trying to sleep I got an idea.

Make a email about special or what not. Send it to my contacts. Now I don't have a lot of email contacts and I am looking for ways to get them because I am an email person.

I am going to have something about seeing how far the email will go. The person that is the farest(sp?) from my house and the person that sent it will get a free S/S Season's best cookbook. I can have them send me their address and email.

Does it sound crazy?

Sounds like a fun way to increase your contacts. Let us know how it turns out.

SO they have to reply to you and the sender?

Just do not make it seem like a chain letter.
Make sure you put something in there about expanding your business, and please "share this", not "send to 5 people". (Having a prize will help)
Do it in the beginning of the letter, so you still have thier attention.

Could be interesting to see how many respond. Keep us posted.

I hate chain letters and I know I have to be carefull not to make it look like you. I really don't know how it is going to look but I will will get you guys approval before I send it.

Sounds interesting. I hope it's succesfull! Good luck!

I can't get it not look like a chain letter. Maybe if I made it like a flyer and professional looking. I think the idea is great but can't seem to figure it out. It would be fun to see how far it can go.
I can have them send me their location by town, state and who sent them the email. I just don't know and then again it is only 8am.

I would also put an end date on it. Furthest one to respond, etc by next ____. Give them a week or so.

Why don't you post what you have so far and maybe we can help you tweak it?
J.

How about instead of the furthest person, just tell your contacts that you are going to hold a prize drawing...anyone and everyone they know is invited to enter. You just need them to contact you with their email address to add to your newsletter email list as a way to help you out. Then set a deadline for entering, and draw a name from all of the recipients. That way it's not "chain letter"-ish.

I'm thinking of doing something similar as a contest for September. I don't have the e-mail written up yet, but it'll be something like:

I need more contacts, and you can help! Win one of the new Fall Products from The Pampered Chef, just for forwarding this e-mail to people I don't know! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY (but, it would be appreciated :-}).

Here's how the contest works:
Forward this e-mail to one person not already receiving e-mails from me, earn one point towards winning a prize.
If your friend signs up to receive newsletters from me, you each receive a point.
If your friend places an order through my website, you each receive 5 points.
If your friend books a show with me (Cooking Show, Catalog Show, Fundraiser, Bridal Shower), you each receive 10 points!
If your friend forwards the e-mail to another friend, you receive 2 points, and you friend starts the whole process of earning points over again.

Anyone reaching 100 points wins one of the new Fall Products!!

Ok, so that's a really rough draft, but you get the idea. Prizes will be the new Sprinkles, or a new cookbook, or the Salt, etc.

I use Constant Contact, so I'll know if an e-mail has been forwarded, and to whom, etc., plus there's a button they can click to sign up for the newsletter.

What do you all think?

I do like this.. I also like Katie's idea. Katie's is a little simpler to follow.. But someone wanting to earn a free product may "work" more for Sarah's. Great ideas. I would shy away from anything that looks like a chain letter.

Related to Get Creative with Email: Send and Win a Free Cookbook!

What is "Idea What Do You Think?"

"Idea What Do You Think?" is a platform for Pampered Chef consultants and customers to share ideas, feedback, and suggestions for new products, recipes, and business strategies.

How can I access "Idea What Do You Think?"

You can access "Idea What Do You Think?" by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the "Idea What Do You Think?" tab in the top navigation menu.

Can anyone submit an idea on "Idea What Do You Think?"

Yes, anyone with a Pampered Chef account can submit an idea on "Idea What Do You Think?". We welcome and encourage all ideas and suggestions from our consultants and customers.

What happens after I submit an idea on "Idea What Do You Think?"

After you submit an idea on "Idea What Do You Think?", our product development team will review it and consider it for future products or business strategies. We value all ideas and will do our best to implement them into our offerings.

Can I see other ideas that have been submitted on "Idea What Do You Think?"

Yes, you can view all ideas that have been submitted on "Idea What Do You Think?" by browsing through the different categories or using the search function. You can also upvote and comment on other ideas to show your support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
narfing
  • sarahsellcm