• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbooks - Do You Put Your Name on Them?

the person who ordered it is the one who is using it, they are more likely to want to see my information. If it's a gift for someone else, then they may or may not be interested.
PamperedSD
I have return address labels I got from Vista Print (put them on catalogs) - they have my name, phone number & email (and say contact me for all your kitchen needs). Should I put these on cookbooks when people order them? Or at least the free one they get for last month special? I put them on the SB that I give out or people order but I wasn't sure about the cookbooks. Thanks! :D

Do you have ordered delivered to you??? I would never have chance to put my labels on cookbooks, unless I gave them personally out. If I give a cookbook out whether it's a big one or a SB, yes I put my sticker on it.

If it's one a customer orders, I don't know about that, as again, I don't get them and even if I did, what if it was a gift for someone else, how would receiver of cookbook like that?? I don't know about that.

Yes, if free advertising and a way to get name as a reminder, but I'm not sure I'd do that on customer orders.

Let's see what others think.

Lisa

i recieve my orders to my houes and then sort them for my hosts...i do put my stickers on SB, the ones that customers order. i put them on the inside cover so its not on the front cover, so you don't see it until you open it...no one has said anything.

I put a sticker on anything that I am physically giving away for free or donating as a door prize, but if it's something that the customer has actually purchased (or earned), then no. I would not use it for advertising. ;)

I agree with Sheila... If I am ordering SBs for my "giveway basket", my name goes on them. If it is a customer purchase, no I don't.

I agree as well. If I paid for something and the person who sold it to me stickered it, I would return it. free advertising for something I paid for. it would not be right. but anything that I give away for free is labeled with all my contact info.

I only put them on the SBRC that I give away.

I agree with previous posts. Perfectly acceptable to put them on give-aways, but I would never put them on purchased items. Personally, I would be very upset if a cookbook I purchased was stickered.

Thanks! I have a a couple of cookbooks that I got free that I'm going to include as give-a-ways so I will be sure to put them on the back cover.

I usually give 2 SB, at my shows for someone who brought a friend, and one for who ever drove the farthest. I ALWAYS staple a business card to the inside cover

I never thought to put my business card in there - thanks melinda! I love the who ever drove the farthest too!

melindagilbert said:
I usually give 2 SB, at my shows for someone who brought a friend, and one for who ever drove the farthest. I ALWAYS staple a business card to the inside cover

Or maybe use a removable glue dot to hold a business card to the inside cover -- that way they can remove the card if they want.

I sticker any SB that are given away. Never any that are actually purchased.

Okay, if I sort the order for the host, then yes I put my information in the cookbooks as well as on spices for people to reorder. The ones that I don't sort, I tell the host the day the show closes that I will be mailing or dropping off labels for them to place on the spices for people to have information on reordering. I have never had anyone say no and have had a few people tell me that they were very happy to have the information on thier products.

In fact, I got a call today from a lady that I had labeled her cookbook (29 minutes to Dinner Vol 1), because she realized she wanted another cookbook and had lost my information, she was very happy I had left my information for her.

Hope this helps!

I don't put my labels in or on anything that a customer orders (only cookbooks that I give away). If I wanted to put my information in cookbooks ordered by a guest, I would at least find something that was easily removable because I wouldn't want to take the chance of upsetting that one out of a million person that would be bothered by it.
Since I don't know if a guest is ordering a cookbook as a gift, I personally doubt that I would label it. My thinking is this - if I ordered a bag from thirtyone and the consultant placed her contact label anywhere on my bag, I would be upset, epsecially if I had ordered it as a gift. If I couldn't easily remove her label, I would probably return the bag.
Maybe you could attach a business card to a post it note and then place the post it note inside the cookbook.....I also have seen commercials for new post it note labels.

I'd be upset if I ordered a book from another company, and it came with someone's label on it. I would consider that someone defacing my property.

I had an Usborne Party, and the consultant labeled every single book purchased. I didn't appreciate it.

My guests didn't either. Especially when one of them tried to call her to place an order, and she is no longer selling Usborne. Then you have an ugly label that means absolutely nothing on the back of the book.

I stamp the inside of SB that I use as giveaways. I hand out business card magnets to guests at my shows. I've been thinking that I should give lables to hosts to put on spices and rubs, but I don't know if most of them would actually do it.

I like the idea of putting something removeable in the cookbook. But then, just slip a business card in every guest's order.

I sticker or stamp any Seasons Best I give away or sell at fairs. The ones people buy, I generally don't have access to anyway. I've given thought to giving a sheet of stickers to the host to give to customers who buy cookbooks or pantry items, but I've never done it. I suppose I could give the sticker to the customer to use, or not.

I find this thread interesting b/c when I did an Usborne Book party the Consultant put her return label on EVERY book that was sold. I told her as the host I wasn't going to do put those on the books people bought at my show.

1. Can I personalize my cookbook with my name?

Yes, you can personalize your cookbook with your name by adding a custom cover or including your name on the title page. This is a great way to make your cookbook unique and show off your personal touch.

2. How do I add my name to my cookbook?

You can add your name to your cookbook by using the personalization tool on our website. Simply select the option to add your name and follow the prompts to customize the cover or title page with your name.

3. Is there an additional cost for personalizing my cookbook with my name?

Yes, there is a small additional cost for personalizing your cookbook with your name. This covers the cost of custom printing and ensures that your cookbook is truly unique to you.

4. Can I preview my cookbook with my name before purchasing?

Yes, our personalization tool allows you to preview your cookbook with your name before making a purchase. This way, you can see exactly how your name will appear on the cover or title page.

5. Can I change the font or color of my name on my cookbook?

Yes, our personalization tool also allows you to choose from a variety of fonts and colors for your name on your cookbook. This allows you to customize your cookbook even further and make it truly your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefJWarren
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Lexif424