• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Officially Kicked-Off!!!

In summary, the author is excited about the fundraiser they kicked off with their son's daycare, but was disappointed because most of the parents picked up their children. They are hoping things go well and are providing incentives for the parents. Another parent called them Tuesday night and asked for advice on hosting a fundraiser.
hoosierchef
I just have to share my excitement!! I officially kicked off the fundraiser with my son's daycare yesterday! WooHooo!!

I'm so excited, yet I was somewhat disappointed yesterday too. I went to the daycare yesterday and set up a display so I could be there as the parents picked up their children. Why was I disappointed? Most of the kids were picked up by their Dads. (No offense to our gentlemen cheffers.) Only 2 of the dad's showed any interest at all (one I think is constantly flirting with me anyway, as we pick up our kids about the same time. And to think, now he has my phone numbers. :eek:)

The few moms who showed up, showed no interest at all. I probably could have been more agressive about talking to them, and if they acknowledged me I did speak up. But as a parent, I know I usually have one thing in mind when I get there......getting my kid and getting out! I did have several incentives for the fundraiser that I donated, so hopefully the parents take the time to read the info! (I was really excited about the incentives I'm providing.)

So, I'm trying to keep my chin up and I'm hoping this goes really well. I will have sent out about 35 catalogs, so that's at LEAST 35 people I didn't know who now know my name. Wish me luck.

I love your quote! Did you send packets home with the kids?

I think that you should send home a weekly reminder/update to the parents. Maybe a special incentive each week. So many people tend to wait until the last minute to do what they are supposed to that this may help keep them on track.

Each parent was given a catalog, Thank you note, March Guest Special/May Host Special Sheet, a total of 8 order forms (4 to a sheet front & back), and a collection envelope.

As they picked up their child, they were handed these by the daycare provider. I would love to follow up, however next week is Spring Break and the daycare is closed. I don't know these parents personally, so I can't follow up by email or phone as I didn't get that info as they left. :(

Any suggestions for the future would be appreciated though. I recieved a call Tuesday night from a guest at a past show, her sorority scheduled a fundraiser in 3 weeks! EEK. They are wanting to do Bunco, so it will be fund and she says they expect at least 18 people. We'll see.

Hello there! Congratulations on officially kicking off the fundraiser with your son's daycare! That's such an exciting opportunity for you and your business. I'm sorry to hear that there wasn't much interest from the parents, but don't be discouraged. As you mentioned, parents are usually focused on picking up their children and may not have had the chance to really look at your display or talk to you. But the good news is that you have sent out 35 catalogs and now have 35 potential new customers who know your name. That's a great start! And with the incentives you're providing, I'm sure many of the parents will take the time to read the information and hopefully place orders. Keep up the positive attitude and keep promoting your fundraiser. I'm wishing you all the best and I'm sure it will be a success!

1. What is the purpose of the fundraiser?

The purpose of the fundraiser is to raise money for a specific cause or organization through the sales of Pampered Chef products.

2. How does the fundraiser work?

Participants can purchase Pampered Chef products through a designated online party link or by attending an in-person party hosted by the fundraiser organizer. A portion of the sales will be donated to the chosen cause or organization.

3. How much of the sales will be donated?

The percentage of sales donated varies depending on the specific fundraiser, but typically ranges from 10-20% of the total sales.

4. Are there any incentives for hosting a fundraiser?

Yes, as a thank you for hosting a fundraiser, the organizer can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from their party. The more sales, the more rewards!

5. How long does the fundraiser last?

The duration of the fundraiser is determined by the organizer and can range from a few weeks to a few months. It is important to keep the momentum going and promote the fundraiser throughout its duration to maximize sales and donations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RebelChef