• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Stuff - Lunar Eclipse Tonight

In summary, the moon was very bright and bold by us right now, but it will start to get dark soon and people will need to be careful when looking at it.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
For real...not one of those pranks...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080220/ap_on_sc/lunar_eclipse

I'm planning on setting an alarm. I just hope the sky clears so I can see it.

Yes, the moon is so bold and bright by us right now! I'm trying to get the kids to rest a little soon so they can be up for it. It will be about 9 p.m. by us.

That was my understanding. It's not unusual for me to doze off about quarter til 9 if I'm home and starting to snuggle in for the evening. When you are up by 5 a.m., your evening ends early. ;)

raebates said:
That was my understanding. It's not unusual for me to doze off about quarter til 9 if I'm home and starting to snuggle in for the evening. When you are up by 5 a.m., your evening ends early. ;)

I am up by 5:45 and STILL end up being up until almost 11 p.m....maybe when the kids get older I'll slow down. :( (Yeah right...)

Yeah, good luck with that. Actually, I can be up late a few nights in a row if I need to. However, I discovered years ago that my body works much better if I get plenty of sleep. As a diabetic, I've learned to listen to what my body needs. And, yes, it helps when the kids are grown and out of the nest. With Shawn in Dallas, TX, and me in Denver, IN, I've stopped listening for when he gets in. :)

We are going to try stay awake for it....but it is so COLD outside! Bundling up to go out will be yuck! But it will still be fun!

OK...I was just outside (NE Ohio...) and it's about halfway covered right now! No clouds in the way...it looks cool!

Actually, my Dad was the one who just called me and reminded me!

My kids peeked outside and said it was a crescent moon. ;)

it's a cold and cloudless night here in chicagoland. ds and i saw it just beginning (a bite out of the moon) and just about to end/cover (crescent). then, my son noticed the rest of the stars and commented that he has never looked at them!

i guess i'll have to try camping this summer....

to many clouds here

The moon was bright in the suburbs of Chicago - we watched it from our living room window - very cool!

We could see it here too. Lucky for us it was only 8pm though!

My middle DS came out into the living room about an hour ago saying "You guys, just have to see this, it is the earth." Went to his room and he was talking about the eclipse. Right now, there is very little of the moon left. It is pretty cool.

Since we've had nothing but cloudy skies and snow here for the last three months, I didn't even think anything about it.

Then they showed it on the news and my sister and I were like, "Hey. You can see the moon!"

Then because we're new to our house, and quite frankly, don't pay much attention to where the moon is in the sky, we put our shoes on and had to walk all the way around the house before we found it.

Way cool.

(Although I have to agree with our weather guy who said he would have rather seen the missile shoot down the satellite. Now THAT would have been cool.)

Now we have to go back outside and look at Saturn and Regulus, since we didn't know those were out there the first time.

Eclipse1500x333.jpg

Eclipse2500x333.jpg

Eclipse3500x333.jpg

We had a nice, cloudless sky, and I stayed awake for most of the eclipse. I wasn't quite excited enough about it to go outside. I could watch it through the sliding glass door beside my recliner. I turned out the lights, opened the drapes just a smidge, and watched.

I had to come back and report that DS (13) and DH wouldn't go outside with me! Bunch of party poopers!

My kids bundled up in their snowpants, jackets, boots, gloves, all of it because it was well below zero. They stayed outside for almost 10 minutes watching it.

Micah didn't make it - I wondered if he would, because he has been getting up so early lately. He was falling asleep on the couch at 8:30.

So, DH and I didn't bundle up and go outside - we just watched from our bedroom window.:rolleyes: (it was very cold here too.)

I didn't know what time it was, so I didn't go outside. But I've seen one before. I couldn't figure out for a while why the moon looked weird and then remembere that it was an eclipse, made for a weird drive home: trying to pay attention to the road but still looking at the beauty of the eclipse.

We saw it here in Ohio too - it was a perfect night for it, and we could also watch through our windows at the back of my house and stay warm.

DH woke up my biggest DD (4yrs) so she could see it. She loves the stars and moon (can pick out Orion!), but she was very sleepy and after a minute or two asked to go back to bed :indif: This morning she was a bit cross, she siad "Daddy said he would wake me up for the eclipse, but he didn't". After a while she remembered seeing the moon look orange. It was pretty funny and cute! DS (3yrs) was upset that we didn't wake him up too... Maybe next time... (Dec 2010, mark it on your calendars!).

We did not see it. When we went out to look it was so cloudy that we could not find the moon at all.

We had a perfect view of it out my big front room window! The twins and I looked at it. It didn't look to be fully covered though but now that I looked at the pictures Joy posted the last one is what it looked like here but instead of it being orange in the back it still looked white.

I was just getting home from work, and stood watching it. Awesome pics by the way Joy.

It was cloudy and cold all day yesterday. I thought we would miss it completely. The kids and I went out around 8 and still cloudy. At about 8:45 my DD yelled at me from her room. It was completely clear and we got to see. Then BAM it clouded up and snowed last night. WOW!

The Furry Guy got a chance to see the last little bit of the eclipse as he was driving home.

1. What time will the lunar eclipse be visible tonight?

The lunar eclipse will be visible at different times depending on your location. To find out the exact time, you can use a lunar eclipse calculator or check with your local weather station.

2. How long will the lunar eclipse last?

The total duration of the lunar eclipse will vary, but on average it lasts around 3-4 hours. The total eclipse, when the moon is fully in Earth's shadow, can last up to an hour.

3. Do I need any special equipment to watch the lunar eclipse?

No, you do not need any special equipment to watch the lunar eclipse. It can be viewed with the naked eye. However, if you want a closer and more detailed look, you can use binoculars or a telescope.

4. Can I take pictures of the lunar eclipse?

Yes, you can take pictures of the lunar eclipse with a camera or even a smartphone. However, for best results, it is recommended to use a tripod and a telephoto lens.

5. Will the lunar eclipse be visible from all parts of the world?

No, the lunar eclipse will not be visible from all parts of the world. The visibility of the lunar eclipse depends on your location and the weather conditions. It is best to check with your local weather station to see if the lunar eclipse will be visible in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
laylaleigh
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • ragschef